Ouch, might want to read this.....

All cars will get hammered apart from pure electrics. Hybrids don't even come into it either. £140 or above for non-electrics.

The S1 will not take much of a hit. It's all the under 99g/km and the over £40k cars that will be hit! Problem is going forward I am likely to have one of each of these cars on the drive, cheap runabout and expensive fun car :(

What's interesting is as just about everything under £40k is gonna be ~£700 over 5 years, I bet more people end up buy less economic cars!

Can also see a lot of cars in the £40-45k list price bracket suddenly becoming £39,995!

Think you are missing the first year charge jose.

As that is part of (hidden in) the OTR price and it's a one off and people usually finance (so spread that cost) I don't think it will put many off.

Perhaps, perhaps not. One thing's for sure Audi wont pay for it. I'm not in the market for renting/buying a new expensive Audi and so didnt appreciate cost wasnt a consideration for those needing a S or RS stuck on their family hatch but it was for Prius and even lower emission vegetable eating sandal wearing happy clappers.

George Osbourne is a f.... c..t

That budget was give with one hand take with the other (take more)

All that will happen is new car sales will decrease. Which will push up the value of the second hand market so it might ban idea to buy what you want now and hand onto it. I for one will not be paying that ridiculous sum of money to drive a new car I would rather not have a car.
DTYME83