Audi Connect

Jay_A

Reaction score
So I got myself a SIM from GiffGaff for £5 a month, but am really struggling to get things to work.

I've set up the authentication part as required;

giffgaff.com
username: giffgaff
password (tried nothing and password)

There is a random 3G signal on the screen, but it literally drops out randomly from 5 bars to nothing.

But most annoyingly I can't get Audi Connect to "connect"!!

Anyone else been through similar issues?

Not used giff gaff but on 2 out of 3 of the different network sims I've used you have to set up the car wifi and connect to your phone or iPad using wifi then go to Internet and follow the screen prompts to activate the SIM card.

Thanks guys I'll try that tomorrow

Reactions: Simon L
Thanks guys I'll try that tomorrow

Good man, don't forget to report back!

Haven't set mine up yet and more than likely to give giff gaff a go as they are my mobile provider ;)

Reactions: Jay_A
Tried the above using my macbook connected to the car's Wifi. No internet so can't register the SIM (which makes sense), although checking on the giffgaff forums, I shouldn't need to. Wondering now if the unit is faulty, as the 3G signal continues to go from 5 bars to nothing frequently.

Well ****** me I seem to have suddenly fixed it. Reset the system config and re-entered the giffgaff profile. Looks like it may have had an O2 config swell, getting it confused. Now picking up 4G!

Thanks guys for your assistance.

Reactions: Simon L