Audi A3 keeps breaking down ?

Sue81

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this so don't no if I've posted this in the right place? But looking for some help.
I have an Audi A3 s line 2.0 on an 08 plate. I've had nothing but problems with it since I bought it 5 months ago, when driving the coolant low light comes on and either 1 or 2 things happens
1... The stealing goes all heavy and looses power then won't start.
2.. Just won't start again after Uve stopped??
I've had it checked out but no codes are found. But give it 24 hours and the thing will start again. But it's so unreliable. Any help please???

Faulty injectors, got to scan it via VCDS to see whats going on, could be DPF or overheating problems ie faulty thermosat. Depends what engine it its if its 140 then it could be porous head problem

Did you buy it private or via a garage. If the latter take it back and get them to investigate.
It should be throwing up fault codes for the non starting issue so not sure where you took it when they didn't show up.
When a car stalls or loses all power the steering will feel heavy as it means the power steering isn't working as a result of the engine cutting out/losing all power.
I wouldn't be driving it as you're probably only making the issue (whatever it is) worse. Is the coolant level low when the light comes on?
Which area are you in as someone might be able to recommend a good independent in your area.

Did you buy it private or via a garage. If the latter take it back and get them to investigate.
It should be throwing up fault codes for the non starting issue so not sure where you took it when they didn't show up.
When a car stalls or loses all power the steering will feel heavy as it means the power steering isn't working as a result of the engine cutting out/losing all power.
I wouldn't be driving it as you're probably only making the issue (whatever it is) worse. Is the coolant level low when the light comes on?
Which area are you in as someone might be able to recommend a good independent in your area.
Thanks for getting bak to me it's a 170bhp and coolant isn't low, had an Audi guy out today and he's now sayin it's instrument cluster.

Well had the instrument cluster checked out properly and no fault found, still off the road, any help??

about the coolant issue, i've had that on my previous 1.4t.

what happened was, inside the coolant reservoir theres a sensor or something that looks like 2 long pins. those might be dirty.
i took off mine and cleaned them by rubbing with those green scotchbride pads.

i hope this helps on that issue.

IMPORTANT

was it bought privately or from a garage?

You have a 6 month warranty by law under the sale of goods act if you bought it from a garage, they are responsible for selling a car fit for purpose and if not, they are responsible for solving ALL the issues, including footing the bill

Reactions: Rhyso
Injectors recalled? If not you have perfect symptoms of faulty injectors go get them checked out with Audi.
Yea it's had an injector recall before I bought the car, and had them checked out to

Reactions: RedDejavu
IMPORTANT

You have a 6 month warranty by law under the sale of goods act if you bought it from a garage, they are responsible for selling a car fit for purpose and if not, they are responsible for solving ALL the issues, including footing the bill
Unfortunately I bought the cash private which is something I won't do again, it's still off the road been nearly 3 weeks now

Got the mechanic coming bak tomorrow he says it could be the ecu cause it's firing out faults that arnt there is this right?

IMPORTANT

My turbo went about 3 weeks after the 6 month point