1.9tdi turbo help need bv43a

dale86

Reaction score
Hi ive recently blew my second hybrid turbo and i would like to source a bv43 as an audi turbo should be more durable. Can anyone point menin the right direction or have one they would part with as they seem hard to track down. Thanks if admin wantbto move this feel free as it may be in the wrong area .

Thanks for the reply Karl was yours an ebay turbo and if so did you rate it. I would of liked to get hold of a used audi original if possible as the ones on ebay will kind of be in the same boat as with my hybrids if you know what im saying.

The one I used was an original off a breaker. There aren't many around these days so many people are looking for them. This wasn't the case when I bought mine.

Karl can you confirm this is the correct one off ebay item num is 331278334988 much appreciated thank you.

If you want a plug and play turbo you need a BV43, these have a blue tag on them.
The one you have linked to is a BV43A that is used on the newer common rail engines and isn't plug and play. They have a yellow label on them.

As Karl pointed, that is the CR turbocharger, you can fit the core from this into a normal bv43 and it's better overall: better trim, better surge resistance and has a billet compressor wheel. I can fit that turbo to your car, it needs modding to fit...
I have fitted that turbo to a pd100 and I was very happy with it, quite surprised how it built boost and how was the transient response...