2.0tdi turbo change

roadrunner88

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post so hi to everyone. Ive just purchased a a3 s line tdi 55 reg quattro 140 and the turbo seems a little whiney its not all the time but prob 70% whiney abit like a siren. It hasnt lost any power and doesnt smoke at all. Does anyone know what it is? Also i am having it mapped on monday and am wondering should just go for the map and see if the turbo goes and or just change the turbo first? Thanks

Anyone? Also i wanted to know would a 170 turbo bolt pretty much straight on? Thanks

Noisey turbos can pop anytime or last another 100,000 miles. Only replace if it goes wrong.

Right ok thanks for the reply. Ok well il get it mapped then and if it goes i will replace it. Do you know if a 170 turbo will fit on a 140 bkd thanks

no m8 170 turbo don't fit a 140 ;(

why not gets a diagnostic scan on the car before you get it mapped?

As the guys above said - do a full scan first, then remap. Also, 170 turbo won't fit the 140 due to a completely different system (140 uses vacuum and 170 uses electricity (<-- I assume) to open and close the vanes).

I changed mine soon as I noticed the siren noise, as heard many horror stories of more damage being done if they actually go, personally if your questioning the turbo I wouldn't try get more out of it with a map!

I've seen your other posts being negative about anything VAG diesel, I don't think anybody actually knows what exactly is going to happen yet. It's not worth scaring someone telling them to sell their car.

I've seen your other posts being negative about anything VAG diesel, I don't think anybody actually knows what exactly is going to happen yet. It's not worth scaring someone telling them to sell their car.

Don't sell then... I want my money from VW, I though I was going to buy a low poluent car and then I get a poluent machine. VW should pay to the owners of every tdi with the malfunction or ''repair'' it for free.

Welcome to the siren groupy
after remap, depending on your boost, siren will get louder ;)

Reactions: audismart
Thanks for the replys i am going to get it vcds on monday and go from there. Thanks

I`m the one who is negative?
VW have made it very easy for me to have a very positive opinion on there diesel cars at the moment, I`m not saying there bad cars, I just wouldn't buy one in the current climate, that's all.

Sons whiney turbo on his A6 1.9 lasted about 1k after his remap, change yours if you`ve any doubts at all.