Misano or Mythos.....Help

Radman

Reaction score
Hi all,

As many of you know I've had more mind changes over the last six months. From S3 to S4 to RS3 to A6 Bi-Turbo. FINALLY my mind is set on an S3 after another test drive last week. Originally I wanted Sepang like everyone else but fell in love with the Misano red and Mythos black with black pack on each and pano roof with red but not on the Mythos as I don't see the need. Anyone got any pics to help me or preference on colours. I appreciate it is personal preference, but not seen that many blacks but loads of Sepangs. Thanks for any input folks.

Con

My S3 is Misano Red and I love it.I originally wanted Sepang but the one my dealer had didn't have as many extras and so I settled on the red. Looking back I'm very glad I didn't go with Sepang. I used to hate red cars but love the Misano Red. It's just so damn red, like as red as red gets and whenever i park next to any other red car, the other car doesn't look as red anymore and it brings out the orange tinge in other red cars. I don't think you can go wrong with either colour but I'm 100% sure the black will be harder to maintain. I have swirl marks on my car and they're barely noticeable unless you get up close and get the right angle with the light. If you get the black styling pack I wouldn't recommend the black. My personal opinion is that when you have black on black it hides a lot of features of the car making it much harder to differentiate from a regular A3 S-Line.

Reactions: Radman
Cheers mate, valid point with the black pack on black. Didn't think of that.

I currently have a Mythos black S1 and have had various issues with the paint...not good at all. Black is awesome when the paint is good and all polished up. Unfortunately they are very hard to keep on top of but I made the mistake of getting black this time so will not happen again, my opinion anyway. Also depends on what roads you will travel on and mileage you will be doing if low miles and none motorway I think black will be ok. My S3 is going to be Ibis white so hopefully I'll have no dramas. Red looks really well on the S3 so +1 for Red.

My S3 is Misano Red and I love it.I originally wanted Sepang but the one my dealer had didn't have as many extras and so I settled on the red. Looking back I'm very glad I didn't go with Sepang. I used to hate red cars but love the Misano Red. It's just so damn red, like as red as red gets and whenever i park next to any other red car, the other car doesn't look as red anymore and it brings out the orange tinge in other red cars. I don't think you can go wrong with either colour but I'm 100% sure the black will be harder to maintain. I have swirl marks on my car and they're barely noticeable unless you get up close and get the right angle with the light. If you get the black styling pack I wouldn't recommend the black. My personal opinion is that when you have black on black it hides a lot of features of the car making it much harder to differentiate from a regular A3 S-Line.
Did you get roof rails and pano roof??

Here's some pics of my car. I don't have the black styling pack.

Attachments

• 400.jpg
    400.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 600.jpg
    600.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 484
Reactions: Simon L and Radman
If I was asked to choose between Mythos Black or Misano Red I would choose Misano Red. To me, the red contrasts well with the black styling back and other parts of the exterior trim.

(Personal preference of course)

If I was asked to choose between Mythos Black or Misano Red I would choose Misano Red. To me, the red contrasts well with the black styling back and other parts of the exterior trim.

(Personal preference of course)
Yes, Im swaying towards the red. Roof rails with pano roof? I saw one yesterday and looked really smart without the rails on.

Hi all,

black pack on each and pano roof with red but not on the Mythos as I don't see the need. Anyone got any pics to help me or preference on colours. I appreciate it is personal preference, but not seen that many blacks but loads of Sepangs. Thanks for any input folks.

Con

Misano from me....it is a very striking colour and my next colour in the saloon (well...definitely maybe....but def not black)...I drooled over a black s line saloon at the local supermarket at the weekend ..for quite some time....and I agree the black hides the lines of the car...my papa (as old as he is) thought it was a beemer!....nice but it's not the car's colour IMO...it eventually left me thinking meh

However the interesting thing here is you say no need to have a pan roof with black...so it is merely for aesthetics?...agree red and black is a great comb but surely it's the ability to have the wind in your hair which is the main reason for choosing it?...I'd still go for the roof with either colour but again black is lacking something for me....my favourite colours in the S3 are misano and sepang...but in my neck of the woods A3 saloons in general are like gold dust so either of those colours would be quite unique..hmm ..gold..now there's a colour

I don't see a problem with the BSP/PANROOF/BLACK ROOF RAILS on any of these 2 colours,high contrast with the red paint and eerily stealthy looking with black paint,it's win win win really,but l think it would be Mythos black for me the standard alloys suit mythos better,as for keeping black looking great and swirl free?a nanotechnology pro detail/self detail will really keep swirling of the paintwork to a minimum for a good few years

Red is faster ;)

Red stands out in a crowd more

Red doesn't look as dirty when it's dirty, compared to black

Red works amazingly well with any black you add to the car.

Not that I'm biased in any way :whistle2:

Black = Wash and 30 mins later.......ohh it is dirty again

Red = I hasn't been washed for over a week and it still looks the Nuts!

vs

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audimad
Or go full drug dealer and get black styling pack on black with black alloys with Privacy Glass? Expect to be pulled over.

+1 Misano. Red looks superb on the S3 :)

Nearly went Panther Black on mine and my only real issue with it now is it actually makes the car look quite small. Guy at work has a mythos black S3 and it looks tiny compared to mine!

Red, Red and Red again it's an awesome colour.
I have had an A4 in both Misano (8 years and 6 year old in the photo below) and Panther Black and the Misano wins hands down.
I got Glacier White for the S3 mainly because both my daughters have Misano red A1's so a 3rd red car on the drive would be to much!!
8449306612_6b3a20f92f_c.jpg

8448221777_cd36cc3c83_c.jpg

19069011631_e4d79f4c27_c.jpg

I have gone for Daytona as wanted to a bit more stealth..... But love misuno and would have been my other choice.
Agree black looks great , but hard work..

Reactions: Radman and Rob2k68
Mythos black, was happy when I first saw it and had it however it's so hard to keep clean, and the red cars I see (Audi's) do look good. I think red would be the choice to have, although personally I would have liked silver...

I had Mythos on my first 8V, now Riviera. Black looked amazing... for 3 minutes after you washed it. So mucky all the time and such a pain to clean without water marks making you want to commit.

red + black pack + privacy glass + pan roof = :sunglasses:

(no roof bars for me though)

Reactions: Radman and Rob2k68
As Ron Burgundy would say........lol

But I am biased and love the colour.. Not actually too bad to keep clean and swirl free if you look after it..not saying others on here don't look after theirs but I honestly haven't noticed too many swirl marks on mine tbh. Regularly waxed and only washed with a lambswool mit and 2 bucket etc.. Happy with it anyway. :)
S3

Reactions: Radman and Jassyo06
Black looks the nuts when clean, but keeping it clean and free of marks is a full time job! Red is very nice and cleans up well, but for me (as my job is to spot defects) I see the difference in bumper & car paint to much to own it...other people find it hard to see.

I'm currently loving the white S3 saloon and think that will be my next motor, it's also way easier to keep clean and hide scratches/chips etc.