Full leather back seats?

p@olo

Reaction score
hi guys, a question on full leather seats.
Reding previous threads I understood that the back seat is/was not full leather, but partly velvet (not sure what it means, but optically it seems some sort of nylon).
Still reading few threads, apparently, since MY15 the velvet should have been replaced by fake leather.
However, looking few pics of MY15/16 on the web it seems to me back seats are still partly velvet.
Can you confirm that now the velvet has been replaced by fake leather?
Many thanks.

Not sure if you're asking about A3 or S3 (or if it makes a difference) but my 2015 S3 has full leather and no velvet, pretty sure it's all real Nappa leather. I have super sports seats so not sure if that makes a difference.

My S3 has the nappa leather standard sports seats ( not the SS seats) and there are velvet patches on the backrests on both the front & rear seats

I was referring to the S3 standard seats, sorry.
Then, also MY15 seems to have velvet on the backrest.

Love it!! What a film........those were the days :)

Definitely not full leather on the standard seats in my MY15. Not convinced they're velvet panels either but it sure as sh*t didn't come from no cow ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68
I'm somewhat surprised velvet, but Alas, is it that hard wearing, I was under impression it wasnt.

Thanks bud, its very very fine, urrmmmm goes to find some new seats.

Reactions: veeeight
Thanks veeeight. I saw that thread, but in another one The Challinor (I think it was him) claimed that Audi changed velvet to fake leather recently.