Tyre wear..

GazzaA3

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what can cause this tyre wear,
On the inside edge it's worn, the tyres at 6weeks old
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440175310028290

Usually wear like that is caused because the camber is out. Is it the same on both sides? Is the car lowered at all? Do you have adjustable tie bars?

Thats the front tyre and a FWD A3 by the looks of the ARB setup... posting model and year would help :)

Too low? front alignment in need of checking?

The cause is typically misalignment but can also be from worn bushes or ball joints and worn wheel bearings

<tuffty/>

I should of have more info, it's FWD had been lowered but not silly low, and it's not on adjustable links.
The other side has a little wear in the same place.
Something witch might link with this is my steering isn't so great, occasionally 'snatches' slightly when accelerating and de-accelerating..

I have the same issue... Some light on the issue would be nice =]

Check all your bushes, joints, drop links for play, then get the wheel alignment checked, there also may be play in the steering rack, new track rods and track rod ends may be required.

Recently changed all the bushes to powerflex, ideally like to change the a3 steering to to for the reduced lock to lock steering. I shall get this done and have a 4 wheel alignment and see how that straightens things up. Thanks

I to have new bottom arms with bushes and ball joints, had 4-wheel aligned when had the new tyres on, so I'm think down the route of play in steering rack.
I'll have a search on here about them as before I thought you need special tool to get them off.