Finally got new wheels

ScottHannah

Reaction score
One thing I've never liked about my car is the wheels so bought myself a set of TTRS reps. Think they are 8.5J 255/35/19.

Just need to lower the car a wee bit now but not sure how much I can go down without rubbing etc. any ideas people? 30mm 40mm more?

Anyway here's some pics. Gave her a quick clean too.

BEFORE
13763877-50C7-4777-9DE5-3BA214360D13.jpg

AFTER

Reactions: Point_Audi, Chop., SI-W85 and 7 others
New wheels make such a difference Scott, they suit the car to a T.
JG

Reactions: ScottHannah
Thanks mate! I'm fair chuffed with them. Just need to get the car a bit lower as the 19s have made some size arch gap lol.

Thanks mate! I'm fair chuffed with them. Just need to get the car a bit lower as the 19s have made some size arch gap lol.

Know what you mean, I had the same issue when I had the A4. After you do the springs you'll look at it and admire, then you'll think it needs spacers, it's never ending. :yes:
JG

One thing I've never liked about my car is the wheels so bought myself a set of TTRS reps. Think they are 8.5J 255/35/19.

Just need to lower the car a wee bit now but not sure how much I can go down without rubbing etc. any ideas people? 30mm 40mm more?

Anyway here's some pics. Gave her a quick clean too.

BEFORE
13763877-50C7-4777-9DE5-3BA214360D13.jpg

AFTER

New wheels look great. As has already been said, they suit your A4 very well indeedy! :thumbs up:

Very nice mate :redrs4:

Makes a massive difference pal:salute:

Where did you get those wheels from please? Im looking for these as well.

Could be mate, can't be sure. I don't think that link has the option for 19" in gunmetal and polished though. My wheels offset is et45 5x112 255/35/19.

Reactions: SINGHY
Okay , thanks mate. BTW, your car looks very nice! :)

Very nice.
What was the paint finish like in the bolt holes and rear face.
I had some rep RS4 before and there was only a very fine dusting of top coat in the bolt holes. White primer was clearly visible upto within about 5mm of the outer face. Hence I had to repaint them.

If yours were good please can you provide a link to the supplier and size / offset info.

Cheers

Ignore offset questions as answered in another post above. But a link to supplier would be good (just in case the S4 I look at tomorrow needs a set ;))

Completely painted/lacquered in the barrel, bolt holes, and behind the face. I got it from a alloy shop local to me called "Skidz" it's in Scotland so don't know how handy that would be for you lol.

Size is 8.5J 19" et45 5x112 255/35/19

Wow nice mate, also funny to note

My car came with your wheels and I upgraded them to.. Your wheels !
And I also hate the Gap in my arches so let me know if you solve it lol

Will do mate I'm unsure on what size springs to go for. Don't want to go too low and have rubbing, would be good if you could try suspension before you buy lol.

Cheers lads just some more bits to do then I'll be happy with it.

Hahaha the never ending "bits" list eh, iv been at mine since November and it seems to get bigger instead of smaller :blackrs4:

Good luck mate

Just did the same myself. Also invested in H&R lowering springs. Loving the car now!

Reactions: RS5 JON and Chop.
Thanks,
Its says H&R lowering kit 40mm on the box. The is 40mm is based on a non SLine model. As mine is an Sline its already is 15mm lower than yours. Either way, if you fit them it will be same ride height as mine :)

Thanks! No rubbing but you do need to be more careful with the speed bumps. The handling is so much better as well :)

I was considering Eibach springs but they are the same drop front and rear. The H&R's lower the back more than the front which makes the car stance more even. Cost was £550 fitted with 4 wheel alignment and camber adjustments.

Yes I think so. The company that fitted them got them. Took them 4.5 hours to fit them as the fronts where a pain!