Another Annoying Alpine KCE-425i Question...

guile

Reaction score
i'm hoping someone can settle a query I have regarding the power wiring of the alpine kce-425i. the bare power wires are black, red, yellow and the 4 pin connector at the other end is white, black, green and red. makes perfect sense...

can someone who has one of these installed and working (appears to be a rare thing after reading numerous other threads saying how temperamental the set up is) please confirm that my unit is wired up correctly. i have black to ground, red to 12v ignition supply and yellow to 12v permanent supply...

when tested at the 4 pin plug end this gives the following results using white as negative for some bizarre reason:

white to black - permanent 12v
white to red - ignition switched 12v

i know its a pain but if some can access there 4 pin plug and run the same test as above i'd be internally grateful. i have read issues about having to the change the pins around in the 4 pin connector but suspect this is for people that may have wired to red and yellow wire the wrong way around...

3 days wasted trying to get this thing to work which i would rather have spent installing other bits i have waiting in my shed to be installed...

i hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance...

hi yer speak to Dinkey at D-tronics 0345 313 1642 one of the best Alpine engineers I have had the pleasure to speak to and unlike the staff at Alpine UK he does know what he is talking about

hope this helps