Help needed installing the Kufatec and Alpine KCE 425i. Wales ideally but can travel

Daz395

Reaction score
Hi Im looking for someone to install the items pictured which ive bought off ebay. Saved a fortune but have no idea on how to install. I have the latest RNS-E fitted to my 2007 A3.
Ideally if there is someone in the South Wales area or reasonable travelling distance? Any advice/help appreciated.

I could be wrong, but I think you are missing two important cables from that set of parts.

1, the IR lead, probably the most important, were that white cable is with the 3.5mm jack on it there should have been a long lead with a 3.5mm plug on one end and the flat two pin connector on the other end. This allows the RNS-E to control the KCE-425 via the IMA.

This is the control line IMA Control Wire - Stereo Jack 3.5 - Version 2-35552

2, the RCA AV lead, a RED/Yellow/White 3 way lead to connect the video output of the KCE to the inputs of the IMA, they are always missing from the kits and can be bought for a few quid easily enough.

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/p...a=X&ei=IXsiUaWtIPOa0QWXl4DQCQ&ved=0CFUQ8gIwBQ

You should get these before any installation is attempted

Craig
Thanks for the advice. I thought the red yellow and white cable was missing. Didnt know about the other though.
Hopefully someone on her can put me in touch with an installer and ill order the extra cables.

Looking on the alpine site the highlighted cable seems to be missing from what i have. Any ideas what it is?4

Last time I checked with Kufa, they said their ima wasnt compatible with the mk2 rns units, maybe they've rectified this now or were talking crap.

I maybe have a job down the M5 & in Swansea to do, so I maybe able to do it.

I checked their website and thought it was compatible but ill have another look. (dont really know what im looking at TBH)
If you do go to swansea let me know, Im in Merthyr Tydfil which isnt far out of the way.

thanks

The Kufatec website shows the following: Is the mk1 the RNS-D and MK2 RNS-E or are there a new and old RNS-E?

IMA, Integrated Multimedia Adapter allows you to connect to multimedia devices through the following Sat/Nav systems:
  • Volkswagen MFD
  • Volkswagen MFD-2/RNS-2
  • Volkswagen RNS-510
  • Skoda Nexus 4:3
  • Skoda Nexus 16:9
  • Seat Naviagtion 4:3
  • Seat Navigation 16:9
  • Audi RNS-E
  • Audi RNS-D
  • Lamborghini Gallardo
  • Ford MFD 4:3
  • Mercedes Command 2.0
  • Mercedes Command 2.5
Easy installation due to automatic head unit detection
The following options can be configured through the head unit:
  • Contrast
  • Saturation
  • Color
  • Picture Orientation
The following devices can be connected to the IMA:
  • DVD - Player
  • DVD - Changer
  • DVB - T
  • Playstation
  • HDD
OEM TV-Tuner is not required

The cable your high lighting is the standard IR cable that comes with the KCE-425, it is not used in the installation with the IMA, but there is one in the box. So probably why it's also missing from your purchase. it is replaced by the first cable I mentioned in my reply.

I have fitted an IMA to a MK2 RNS-E and I also have the reverse camera IMA working with my own MK2 rns-e.

Thanks Craig.
Ill order the 2 missing cables then hopefully can get it all fitted.

does anyone have any instructions for fitting the kce 425i and av interface to the rns e unit?