Overheating cause?

funny.. mine can get to 120 on the highway at a sustained 160 kph...

I see. Well let me know next time you've time to check

Just read up on it.. Which cable did you get mate? Quite fancy getting this

I've got that slightly wrong. Are they called VAG Autoworks?

I'm trying to note these things down for when I need them.
Lol yeah, but I knew who you meant, I always call them VAG works which always makes my childish friend giggle :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436716368658966

Just dropped it off there for the morning...
Tell them Darren recommended them if you ever use them, won't save either of us money but might make it extra shiny next time I'm in :)

Reactions: scotty76
It's called lap timer. Use the mode button on bottom of right steering wheel stalk and should be the first screen displayed after the large sped display
No, I get that, but what are the step in Carista to enable it? I couldn't find it in any of the Carista menu options.

They are 99% certain it's the waterpump, and the suspension sensor is just a replace job, total cost £454 and will be sorted tomorrow. Warranty will cover most of that but just goes to show halfords are bunch of idiots who can't be *****...formal complaint time

Reactions: xpoweruk
They are 99% certain it's the waterpump, and the suspension sensor is just a replace job, total cost £454 and will be sorted tomorrow. Warranty will cover most of that but just goes to show halfords are bunch of idiots who can't be *****...formal complaint time
Razza, I know you're annoyed, and with good reason. But I've edited your post slightly, so that it stays within the forum rules. :)

@razza1 how come the warranty didn't cover you to take it straight to VAG Autoworks? Did Halfords have to say they couldn't do it?

No, it's just the warranty will cover halfords labour rates due to an agreement with them. I can take to others but have to pay any labour difference above £45/hr
Halfords normal rate is £80/hr I've been told but their deal negates it

80 per hour for halfords jeez I'm setting up a new business!! ;)

Reactions: Chop. and scotty76
I stand corrected, they have checked the pump and it's fine, the radiator isn't blocked either, so need to check the thermostat. I hoping its that as its a 5 hour job as the supercharger needs to come off. The warranty will cover it if it is though...

I had my water pump and thermostat replaced a few weeks ago, symptoms were the same as yours.Old pump was ok, but changed anyway, thermostat was goosed, but no visual signs of it being so.
It's certainly not a 5 hour job, 3.5 hours to do both the pump and 'stat on mine.
11164606_1104135032936168_2293229867768687938_o_zpsc9rw4ouv.jpg
11426232_1104134959602842_5953394966831450908_o_zpsepudp0se.jpg
11411894_1104134989602839_4133701068399985341_o_zpsaixoekhv.jpg
11164606_1104135032936168_2293229867768687938_o_zpsc9rw4ouv.jpg

Reactions: Chop.
Total cost for both stat and suspension sensor £589, should get about £224 back from warranty company but complaining with them about halfords not willing to do it and thus want my £150 difference on labour back.
As an aside Audi quoted £900 to diagnose and fix the stat...,

Glad to hear it's all sorted. Hopefully that's it for a long time now. You've not had the best few months. :)

Reactions: razza1
Glad to hear it's all sorted. Hopefully that's it for a long time now. You've not had the best few months. :)
You're right there, wife's clutch has gone as well I think, both had cancer scares, she was sent to A&E this week with chest pains, daughter doesn't have a spleen and just found out they forgot to double her penicillin dose in May....not been the best month, but hopefully it'll get better...

You have probably dodged a bullet by not having Halfords work on the car, even though it may have cost you some money. Halfords are good at changing oil and filters as well as pads and discs. I would certainly not want a car like an S4 worked on by one of there "trained technicians" .
This thread just goes to show again what a waste of time warranties are on cars, there are so many exclusions and hoops to jump through.

Karl.

Reactions: Chop.
You have probably dodged a bullet by not having Halfords work on the car, even though it may have cost you some money. Halfords are good at changing oil and filters as well as pads and discs. I would certainly not want a car like an S4 worked on by one of there "trained technicians" .
This thread just goes to show again what a waste of time warranties are on cars, there are so many exclusions and hoops to jump through.

he knows, I agree never had one