Audi connect included with MMI Navigation plus?

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
Alright so I'm beginning to get worried that Audi connect doesn't come with my car which has the MMI navigation plus. At the time when I was placing an order for my car, the dealer didn't mention anything about it but I've come to know about it from these forums and hope I wont be missing out if my car wont be fitted with it!

Will the navigation still work though? I thought the car used google maps for navigation but if the car isn't connected to the internet then how will it download the maps?

Does audi use its own custom maps then?

I'm confused and would like some clarification about the subject.

Thanks!

It should say connect on your order form it's £300 on top of the high mmi nav option so check the figures to make sure.

Maps still work fine but it looks like Tom Tom maps, with connect you get on overlay of google maps and can also use street view to pin point your destination which is also. The only true use of connect that I've found so far !

Edit : of course that's here in the UK as I know you are not.

Don't think my car comes with it since I never selected it as an option nor was it available to me when I was placing my order.

The car will be driven in Lebanon but I don't think they make maps for this country even though google maps will work from my experience (mobile phone), it is far from well polished and pretty much useless really.

Also, I wouldn't have been able to use Audi connect since I'd have to sign up online and Lebanon isn't available in the list of countries.

I've also read there is a subscription fee to be paid for using the service so all in all to hell with Audi connect for where I'm living!

Just to clarify - the Audi Connect navigation can use Google Earth ( not Google Maps) as an overlay for the standard navigation. If it used Google Maps we wouldn't need to update our maps from Audi. There is no charge for the Connect Services for the first 3 years but it's anybody's guess what we'll be charged after that!

Reactions: Rob2k68
One other Use of the Audi Connect.... You can send destinations to the Car's Navigation from your (iPhone) phone......

Handy while the in Laws were here a few weeks back and the missus wanted directions to a bar in the Wicklow Mountains! :)

I can't get the Google Maps online thing to work here in Ireland... maybe a UK thing?

One other Use of the Audi Connect.... You can send destinations to the Car's Navigation from your (iPhone) phone......

Handy while the in Laws were here a few weeks back and the missus wanted directions to a bar in the Wicklow Mountains! :)

How exactly? The Google Maps Send To Car thingy works fine from a desktop but I've never worked out how it can be done from a mobile.

How exactly? The Google Maps Send To Car thingy works fine from a desktop but I've never worked out how it can be done from a mobile.

Isn't that what the MMI Connect app is for? It's in the Apple Store. I've downloaded the app, now I just need my car to arrive.

Or go to My.Audi using the browser on your mobile ? - prob bit smaller and less user friendly. The myAudi App works just fine though. I thought the Audi Connect App was just for MMI streaming but it looks like this can also do all the map stuff when you swipe right onto the second page.