Bluetooth stopped working?

wattie

Reaction score
Hi folks, my Bluetooth has suddenly stopped working. It was fine till yesterday, now it won't pair with mine or anyone's phone, I go into Bluetooth in the mmi and turn Bluetooth on and search for devices and it searches and tells me no devices found. In the Bluetooth menu under the bit where you turn Bluetooth on/off all the other settings are greyed out?? Anyone had this before happened to them or does anyone have a fix.
It's defo not my phone coz I've checked with other phones and also my phone pairs with everything else I have.

Sounds like the Bluetooth module has stopped working. Have you tried resetting the MMI (do a search to find the buttons to press). Also you do not say the age of your car and whether it is a saloon or avant. If it is pre-facelift and an avant then it could be that water from the rear washer has got into the bluetooth unit which under the front passenger seat and ruined it. If a reboot and visual checks (damp carpet) do not yield anything find someone with access to VCDS and that will give you a clear pointer to what is causing the problem

Firstly thanks for the reply. It's a 2009 saloon facelift model.

Firstly thanks for the reply. It's a 2009 saloon facelift model.
No recurring issues with that so would recommend finding someone with VCDS to see what errors are being shown. What happens if you search for the car from your phone? Might also be worth trying to delete the pairing on the phone and seeing if you can recreate it

I've tried resetting the mmi, I've also deleted the pairing and tried again. Tried another phone, all without success, I will get the car plugged in to see if there's any codes showing up and get back to you all. Thanks

Sounds like the same problem I'm having with my 2007 avant, I got someone with VCDS to look at it and it wasn't activated in the MMI he activated it and put the code in for it but after a while it disappeared again. I have been told a system software update (I'm running 2G on 4220)may help to stop it from deactivating.! When he did get it working it was all working fine but after turning the car off and leaving it over night the BT had gone again.!!

The previous owners numbers where still in the car so I knew it had worked before so hopefully it can get sorted. It's the only thing I have had trouble with.

As it's a facelift model the bluetooth is part of the radio module in the glove box.