audi front grill rings

Smirky

Reaction score
Do these just clip on and off or are they mounted from behind?is it a grill off job ?

there are clips that hold it on from behind, it can be removed from the front if your very careful. but your looking at bumper off, to reduce damage.

Cheers my grill is being sprayed on Thursday so I'll wait till then ,I'm so impatient lol

If you are careful, (and patient), the rings will come off without removing the bumper.
I have done it twice now, once to take off the original chrome rings for black ones and the second time, because I didn't believe that the black rings were for an A6 and tried again....!
5 minutes is all it will take.

Reactions: S3 AEX and Smirky
Bumper certainly doesn't need to come off, as jake said just be careful an they will pop out with a thin flat head or similar

Reactions: Jake 61
I can't find a rs3 style for my pre facelift so gonna plasti dip original

I can't find a rs3 style for my pre facelift so gonna plasti dip original
Really hard to find m8 I've been searching for 6 months eve fora black edition can not find one. So thinking plasti dip myself!

I think even the black edition has the chrome surround,does the bumper have to come off to get the grill off ?

I think even the black edition has the chrome surround,does the bumper have to come off to get the grill off ?
Yes mate bumper off to change grill, the black edition has the gloss black surround had it on my other S3 as standard (optional).

Beat me to it jake

Reactions: Jake 61
Managed to change the rings but also managed to snap 2 of the clips on the bottom so gonna have to order another one

Attachments

• IMAG0414.jpg
    IMAG0414.jpg
    855.9 KB · Views: 161