Max HP & Torque on Tdi standard clutch, opinions?

Star2k8

Reaction score
Been planning some more power in the future (140CR) I had new flywheel & clutch fitted 2months ago. I wanted to know what limit does the stock clutches cope with!?
Iv seen Darkside do a turbo upgrade to 200hp but will a new stock clutch go to that limit or am I better off just saving an extra 1000quid and doing a stage1 map?
Hope to hear from some diesel owners thanks

Last edited:
Hi there
I've been thinking of mapping my 2.0 170 but havnt got around to it yet .
In my opinion I think it will be fine seeing as it's a new clutch .
Say if it was to reduce the life dramatically and it does pop you can change it when it comes to it .
It just couldn't justify wasting the 100k or so miles that you have left on the new one you've had fitted ... But that's just me :)

Plus looking at some cluctch's on the Internet some of the 140bhp clutches fit the TT170bhp , which you could remap for 200 or so ( that's an assumption based on my cars figures) ... There all generally the same engines.
Have you got the 2.0 140 ?

I would make sure your cam belts got enough life left in it ... Mine went on and old car and it wasn't cheap :(

Last edited:
Cheers for the in put.
Yes mines the 2.0 Tdi mate yes iv just had water pump and belts done last week and like I said the clutch and fly wheel awhile back so all the ground work has been done maybe thinking of waiting for bit extra funds and go all out with the turbo upgrade and 200hp option now we will see :)