yourAudi - Track New Car Order

I'm dropping extremely subtle hints about that in emails :whip: In all seriousness though I know at this point there is very little, if anything, the dealer can do to speed things up now. I think the best I can hope for is they go to register the car ASAP once it arrives at the dealership. I knew when I ordered it would be pushing it to get here before April so I guess I have to accept it if that happens.

Just looking back at my A4 dates (2015) and it was registered 17 days after being 'released for shipping'. So I suppose it's possible we could all get lucky.

Panel shop for us as well this morning. is it generally a day there?

Can't cars be registered as soon as they get on UK soil?

I won't be affected by the new tax as I stuck to under £40g's. March delivery still possible by looks of it though.

Tried to call Audi UK to see if my build week has come forward and they said the order can't be found on the system..... I'll just have to stick with the tracker at the moment and see when it moves :grimacing:

I won't be affected by the new tax as I stuck to under £40g's. March delivery still possible by looks of it though.

Ah, good work. I tried to do that, but wouldn't have been 100% happy with the spec.

If it shows as QC on Monday as expected I might fire off an email to the dealer asking them if March registration would be at all possible.

Tried to call Audi UK to see if my build week has come forward and they said the order can't be found on the system..... I'll just have to stick with the tracker at the moment and see when it moves :grimacing:
That's awkward :|

Ah, good work. I tried to do that, but wouldn't have been 100% happy with the spec.

If it shows as QC on Monday as expected I might fire off an email to the dealer asking them if March registration would be at all possible.
I'm not 100% happy but it's livable. I had to miss out on B&O, Folding Mirrors & Parking Sensors.

I'm not 100% happy but it's livable. I had to miss out on B&O, Folding Mirrors & Parking Sensors.

Ha! Those are pretty much exactly what I decided I couldn't live without! Full sensors should be standard.

You might not, but the lot that have ordered cars that are currently say £20 - £30 a year to tax will lose out, under £40k or not, they'll be paying £140 a year instead.

Reactions: The Kendragon
Ha! Those are pretty much exactly what I decided I couldn't live without! Full sensors should be standard.
Indeed, but what I specced in it's place was far more important. I wouldn't have bought the car if I couldn't have had the VC, the standard gauges look so dated compared to the VC now. Then privacy glass, grudged every single bit of it at the price but it's better than getting them tinted. Sports Seats a must too ;D
You might not, but the lot that have ordered cars that are currently say £20 - £30 a year to tax will lose out, under £40k or not, they'll be paying £140 a year instead.

As a family we are those people, we all have cars that are £20/£30 bracket.

Panel shop for us as well this morning. is it generally a day there?

Can't cars be registered as soon as they get on UK soil?
I've made it quite clear I would like the car registered at the absolute earliest possible time and they say that would be when it arrives at the dealership, not just in the UK in general.

As I live relatively close to Grimsby, I might camp out there when the ship is due in and bribe the workers to get my car loaded up :D

Reactions: A1blkedt
Important Question! The little video snippets in yourAudi for each stage - is the voiceover Lynn Bowles?!

Guess we know who will end up getting the March registration out of us all then :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: HulkRS3 and well_cool
Status code 20 - Prep
Status code 20 +10 days - Panel shop, on the thursday prior to confirmed build week we begin the process so that the car will complete build and begin transit in the correct week
Status code 20 +11 days - Paint shop, on the friday before the confirmed build week we move to the next stage of build
Status code 20 +12 days - Assembly, on the saturday prior to build week we move to the third part of the build
Status code 20 +14 days - QC, on the monday of the build week given we will move to QC and this will remain until status 30.

So we've moved into Panel Shop on the Thursday before build week after all, we expecting to move to Paint Shop tomorrow, and Assembly on Saturday, nothing on Sunday and by Monday 6th we should be in QC?

Reactions: Bloomie72 and pastey
So we've moved into Panel Shop on the Thursday before build week after all, we expecting to move to Paint Shop tomorrow, and Assembly on Saturday, nothing on Sunday and by Monday 6th we should be in QC?

That's what I'm expecting, yeah.

Spoke to Audi on the live chat and got this:

Solomon (18:35:34) - Thank you for your patience Steven, the build week has been confirmed and is set for the calendar week 12 which commences on 20th March 2017.

I still think I've moved into prep really early :/

Solomon (18:35:34) - Thank you for your patience Steven, the build week has been confirmed and is set for the calendar week 12 which commences on 20th March 2017.

With the greatest of respect, Solomon is useless. I asked for an update also, despite being happy with my tracker. I got Solomon and all he could tell me was the same as what he said to you, despite it being at the Panel Shop stage.

Need to catch online chat between 09:00 -17:00 and ask them to check with the sales office, get a better update then.

My money is on you going into QC early next week.

With the greatest of respect, Solomon is useless. I asked for an update also, despite being happy with my tracker. I got Solomon and all he could tell me was the same as what he said to you, despite it being at the Panel Shop stage.
Hahaha I agree with you! I don't think I'd be on preparation 19 days before my build start date :)

Need to catch online chat between 09:00 -17:00 and ask them to check with the sales office, get a better update then.
You're right about that, they seem a bit lost outside of those hours :tearsofjoy:

My money is on you going into QC early next week.
I think you're right, would be weird (and horrible) to just be sat on prep for three weeks :weary:

Haha I just spoke to him and got the same reply, word ford word minus Steven hehe.

I then corrected and said my dealer has it down for week 10 build then he corrected himself.

Reactions: The Kendragon

My build week was 07. My order moved it to prep the Thursday of build week 04.
It remained in prep until the Thursday of build week 06 ( 2 weeks in prep) when went into panel shop, Friday was paint Saturday was Assembly
On Monday of build week 07 it went in to Q.C. where it remained until it hit status 30.
By my calculations you are on schedule to be in "team Q.C." on the Monday of B/W 12.
I hope it comes earlier for you but it may well follow the above pattern. This seems to be the normal timescales
If you read the earlier posts on this thread they will give you a realistic insight in to expected timescales

B.T.W. I am now at Build week +2 and its not in the U.K yet.

My car has now moved forward 2 weeks to build week 21 (instead of 23) starting 22 May. I am not sure if thats the final date or still subject to movement.

Although 2 weeks quicker and a May build makes me happy it is still 2 months and 20 days until it starts being built...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My car has now moved forward 2 weeks to build week 21 (instead of 23) starting 22 May. I am not sure if thats the final date or still subject to movement.

Although 2 weeks quicker and a May build makes me happy it is still 2 months and 20 days until it starts being built...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thought I was the only one with a May week, 15th for me...estimated :blownose:

How accurate is the information they give you on Audi chat?
I ordered an S3 Saloon BE 2 weeks ago today and was told 15th July delivery with build week 23/24 which is why i ordered earlier than planned.
Its not showing on tracker so i messaged on Audi chat and they said planned production week 13 which is March!!

Think they may have given me the wrong order number, will be on the phone to the dealer tomorrow!

How accurate is the information they give you on Audi chat?
I ordered an S3 Saloon BE 2 weeks ago today and was told 15th July delivery with build week 23/24 which is why i ordered earlier than planned.
Its not showing on tracker so i messaged on Audi chat and they said planned production week 13 which is March!!

Think they may have given me the wrong order number, will be on the phone to the dealer tomorrow!
Not necessarily, if your dealer had a confirmed build week for a stock order they already made, then it can be amended to have your specification which could explain why it has been brought forward.

Not necessarily, if your dealer had a confirmed build week for a stock order they already made, then it can be amended to have your specification which could explain why it has been brought forward.

it was a car they already had on order and were going to change the spec but when i bought it they said week 23/24 with delivery in July so not sure how it could have come forward so much,?
will check with them tomorrow.

Paint Shop

Attachments

• IMG_2623.PNG
    IMG_2623.PNG
    913 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: Steelster, Bloomie72 and well_cool
Morning
New here but been waiting for my q7 since ordering on September 11th
Moved into prep on Wednesday with a build date scheduled for 20th march

Morning
New here but been waiting for my q7 since ordering on September 11th