yourAudi - Track New Car Order

gents, is there a way of seeing the schedule for the ships - like a 5 day forecast to see where they are meant to be leaving and docking? I cant seem to see this info on vesselfinder and/or marine tracker. it just shows the last 5 places its docked and its current journey.

thanks In advance.

gents, is there a way of seeing the schedule for the ships - like a 5 day forecast to see where they are meant to be leaving and docking? I cant seem to see this info on vesselfinder and/or marine tracker. it just shows the last 5 places its docked and its current journey.

thanks In advance.
Certainly for Port of Tyne (where mine was delivered to) they have a schedule of expected arrivals for about a week or so in advance on their website.
I assume other ports are the same.

Reactions: billy.rt
didn't actually think about using the ports website ive been using the marine tracker and vessel finder website with no luck! cheers @Audi Bairn

Reactions: Audi Bairn
whats the time frame from Prep to Panel shop???...

car normally goes into the panel shop the Thursday before the build date. so for example if the build date was the 12th December, the car will go into the panel shop on the 8th December mate.

car normally goes into the panel shop the Thursday before the build date. so for example if the build date was the 12th December, the car will go into the panel shop on the 8th December mate.

That was my fear... I was hoping it would go in sooner as my build date isn't until 9th Jan :(

yeah that's frustrating... so you're looking at the 5th of Jan for the panel shop bro

I Still have no further movement, was hoping I would be on the African Highway which is still possible if it updates overnight.

African Highway due into Sheerness at 10am tomorrow closely followed by Gran Canaria Car due in sheerness at 6pm.

Surely mine must be on one of them or I've fell into the unlucky bucket who randomly gets stuck in emden for weeks.

If no update of status by Thursday I'll be phoning slough audi to find out what's going on.

Well on tracker this morning it say my cars left the factory(yay).
What does yours say Billy.
How's the rest of your cars doin guys??Hope there's good news.

African Highway due into Sheerness at 10am tomorrow closely followed by Gran Canaria Car due in sheerness at 6pm.

Surely mine must be on one of them or I've fell into the unlucky bucket who randomly gets stuck in emden for weeks.

If no update of status by Thursday I'll be phoning slough audi to find out what's going on.
I am surprised it isn't over here as our cars were on the same path so to speak. Should definitely be on the next boat to sheerness though I would think!!

Mine went to status 30 On the 11th so I'm hoping for an update tomorrow morning to a status 38 then fingers crossed in the next ship to Grimsby! I need to check when the next Grimsby bound ship is arriving at Emden

Certainly is some good news, text advising car being delivered today between 9am-5pm
Woo hoo

Reactions: Pederson and billy.rt
Fingers crossed for you guys.
Will be happy if it's in uk by next Friday.So hope for picking her up second week in Jan.

Better start sorting the deataler out and having the secondary imobaliser fitted.

I need to get mine booked in for the tints, thanks for reminding me!

No prob mate.
With this thread and waiting for a new build audi(which feels like a life time)lol it's easy to forget other stuff.

100% slowly starting to become a reality now! I would of imagined yours is with mine to be honest. where is your dealership?

Mine went to status 30 On the 11th so I'm hoping for an update tomorrow morning to a status 38 then fingers crossed in the next ship to Grimsby! I need to check when the next Grimsby bound ship is arriving at Emden
Try neckar highway mate reckon that could be the one

Question for any that have collected their lease cars instead of getting them delivered. Were you able to get anything from the dealer i.e. Full tank of fuel or train tickets paid for? I've heard of dealers or lease companies doing this as it obviously frees up a driver and saves them a few £'s having you collect it.

I want to collect if it means getting the car earlier, have yet to speak to the lease company about it, let us know if you speak to yours and what they say! Which lease company are you with?

Mine isn't due to till Feb but I will definitely be collecting if it's an option. I'm with Select but I'll go straight through the dealer as I've emailed them a few times and they've always been pretty good. Select have been...well a little slow in the past. I've collected a Seat on lease before and they filled the tank but not train reinbursment which is fair enough.

Reactions: Pederson
I am also with select, I'll take your advise and go straight to the dealer though that is for sure. A full tank of fuel would be handy indeed as the drive home will be 50 miles or so

Mines going to Sheffield - but I'm really tempted to collect it to be honest and give it a run home...

Mine is with Select through Slough Audi, however it's never been anywhere near Slough. PDI was carried out by Paragaon Fleet Solutions near Bicester. Never enquired about picking it up as it's 400 miles away, expected car to be driven up as that's what happened to my brother recent lease Nissan xtrail. However dealer called to arrange delivery and advised it would be transported due to distance. Was more than happy with that as I had read somewhere that it would cost extra to have it transported.

Reactions: Pederson
^ Exactly my plan. Nice drive back.

wonder what the cut off point is mileage wise before they decide to use a transporter...

Not sure, just said that they tried to keep the mileage down. But if I want it driven then it could be arranged.....eh no thanks! Never had a brand new car before so want it as "new" as possible lol.

haha exactly the same as myself! be hand if the car had its PDI down south and I could collect there - if not I might look at getting a train up to Sheffield maybe if I can get cheap enough tickets to make it worth while!

just checked train fares from my place up to Sheffield and its only £33 so I might look into that closer to the time. would be a good drive home too!

Reactions: BarryG79
Had a look on some google maps today. The factory is quite a distance from the port isn't it... that's a few hundred miles by train looking at it. Very surprised...

Mine is being delivered on Friday!
Can't wait.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Pederson, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Reactions: Mark_86
Hi all,

My first post on here!

Ordered an A6 through a lease company back in Sept. Original delivery was due end of Nov, but was then told that build was delayed.
Have since heard that build occurred w/c 5 Dec. Apparently as of yesterday it was awaiting shipment to the UK.

Any ideas of when I might get the car?

Also, the dealer is Walton Audi (nr London). I live in Northumberland. ....... do you think they will drive the car up or put on a transporter?

I can't wait ..... it seems like I've been waiting forever!

Cheers!

Hi all,

My first post on here!

Ordered an A6 through a lease company back in Sept. Original delivery was due end of Nov, but was then told that build was delayed.
Have since heard that build occurred w/c 5 Dec. Apparently as of yesterday it was awaiting shipment to the UK.

Any ideas of when I might get the car?

Also, the dealer is Walton Audi (nr London). I live in Northumberland. ....... do you think they will drive the car up or put on a transporter?

I can't wait ..... it seems like I've been waiting forever!

Cheers!

Everybody's welcome here and congrats on your order.
But are you aware you've posted on the A3/S3 bit of the forum? :grimacing:

Woke up to the status your car has left Ingolstadt this morning. Original build date was 12th Dec. S3 Saloon.
Now showing status 38 this morning!

Fo0foo

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Mark_86