Dual mass advice

You can change the DMF on it's own but the labour involved is the same as changing the whole kit and caboodle. You won't know if the clutch cover, thrust bearing and friction plate are worn as well unless they are inspected on strip down. If you are doing it yourself it's much cheaper of course and the dosh goes further.

Ok thanks mate, what's the cheapest option to buy a kit ?
As to fitting myself car would never go again lol

Don't think there is one! hahaha. You can buy different brands of clutch kit and dmf from what I remember. Just don't buy a cheapo brand. Do some shopping around but buying cheap kits is a false economy. You don't want to be doing that job more than once!

BR
A

You need at least the OE kit. Try Eurocar parts and ask them which is OE maker. Others to try are TPS, AMD Technik, Awesome GTI and Audi themselves, you should be able to get the trade discount if you are regular visitor to the parts counter.

Reactions: dentsy
Ok guys, did some little trail and error things today to try and rule out DMF troubles, got all 4 wheels finely balanced as I now get vibration the last couple of days through the car but seems more towards the front end. All 4 wheels are true and no buckles but between 60 and 80 mph the car has a vibration, now getting worried !!
A guy at the tyre place said maybe one of your front pulleys is causing it and hopefully not your DMF, what's the best option you think could an Indy have it for a day and diagnose exactly what it is b4 changing any bits ? Also saw a guy down there that was one of the unlucky peoe that had his oil pump go on his 2.0 tdi and he then worried me by saying it's not your DMF mate it's prob the balance shaft going .
I hope he is wrong !!
I want to try and keep my car as I really love the thing but need now to start trail and ilimination b4 I start changing all parts.
Do you think an Indy can check this and anyone else had these symptoms and what was the outcome,
Thanks,

Si

Ok, so it may not be the DMF. Check out the 'Sticky Post' at the top of this forum for oil pump problems to see if yours is one of the engine codes that is affected. This company list the weak oil pumps as well http://www.ring-engineering.co.uk/vag-vw-audi-20-tdi-oil-pump-repair.html Rule out the front wheels and swap the fronts to the back and vice versa.
Is yours a Quattro?

The BRE engine does have the weak oil pump problem but so many other things can give the symptons you describe, the list is as long as your arm unfortunately. A good independent Audi tech should be able to diagnose.

I have the1.9tdi b7 and i had the same problem, shaking on idle, a weird noise on idle and it would go a little when my foot was on the clutch,
changed the flywheel and clutch and now its perfect,
flywheel and clutch £360 and £180 fitted,

Reactions: dentsy
Luk or Sachs are usually vags Oem supplier, I wouldn't fit anything else other than them or maybe an approved uprated kit from say darkside.

I'd be inclined to stick Sachs in nowadays as on the Passat they where known to hold more torque compared to the luk equivilent, either one would suffice though.

Ok guys, did some little trail and error things today to try and rule out DMF troubles, got all 4 wheels finely balanced as I now get vibration the last couple of days through the car but seems more towards the front end. All 4 wheels are true and no buckles but between 60 and 80 mph the car has a vibration, now getting worried !!
A guy at the tyre place said maybe one of your front pulleys is causing it and hopefully not your DMF, what's the best option you think could an Indy have it for a day and diagnose exactly what it is b4 changing any bits ? Also saw a guy down there that was one of the unlucky peoe that had his oil pump go on his 2.0 tdi and he then worried me by saying it's not your DMF mate it's prob the balance shaft going .
I hope he is wrong !!
I want to try and keep my car as I really love the thing but need now to start trail and ilimination b4 I start changing all parts.
Do you think an Indy can check this and anyone else had these symptoms and what was the outcome,
Thanks,

Si
I don't think it's your DMF....you should feel the DMF trying to disintegrate itself in 1st and 2nd gear early on through the revs as it get's serious aggro from torque of the engine. Can't comment on the oil pump theory. Good luck finding the cause.

BR
A

I don't think it's your DMF....you should feel the DMF trying to disintegrate itself in 1st and 2nd gear early on through the revs as it get's serious aggro from torque of the engine. Can't comment on the oil pump theory. Good luck finding the cause.

BR
A
Thanks for the reply mate , that's good news then I hope , one thing I did notice is the tensioner on the front of the car seems to be running out of true so could be vibration from that then,
Si

Had my DMF replaced on my 2.0tdi, it never vibrated in idle, the only time the engine wanted to come through the bonnet was on a really long run after switching ignition off then trying to start up again. Normal travelling to and from work during the week it was fine 8 miles to work. Travelled to wales at the weekend and that is when it happened..Apparently the grease in-between the fly wheels after a good run got really thin, this is why it happened. £720 fitted