lowering s-line

adam hart

Reaction score
Hi all
Im thinking about lowering my 1.8 tfsi s line the springs im looking at will lower the car a further 20mm has anyone else done this as im interested to know how much difference it made to the drive and are speed bumps an issue as my girlfriend drives the car alot?
Thanks everyone

Hi all
Im thinking about lowering my 1.8 tfsi s line the springs im looking at will lower the car a further 20mm has anyone else done this as im interested to know how much difference it made to the drive and are speed bumps an issue as my girlfriend drives the car alot?
Thanks everyone

So you currently have s-line suspension? (That should be 30mm lowered from stock)
Also, what size tires do you have?

S-Line is around 15/20mm lowered from factory so the Eibach 45mm/35mm Sportline lowering springs will give you around a further 25/30mm drop at the front and 15/20mm drop at the rear which shouldn't cause any problems.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: SI-W85
S-Line is around 15/20mm lowered from factory so the Eibach 45mm/35mm Sportline lowering springs will give you around a further 25/30mm drop at the front and 15/20mm drop at the rear which shouldn't cause any problems.

Damian @ DPM Performance

From the Audi site:

Sports suspension 20mm lower than standard with stiffer spring and damper tuning for more direct contact with the road and sportier handling (S line Sports suspension 30mm lower than standard – available in lieu of Sports suspension at no charge).

Going off real life measurements on the new B8 models we're found that it's more like Sport 10/15mm and S-line 15/20mm from standard factory height.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: SI-W85
My S-Line only just clears kerbs around the edge of carparks, so if it's any lower she will knock off the splitter.

To be fair i dont drive the car that much my girlfriend uses it most and every time i look at it its parked on a kerb and today i moved it flat to measure the space between the arches and the tyres and had only 30mm so i think lowering it another 20mm would probably end in tears so il space the wheels out more and go from there i think

The Eibach Pro kit may be a better option for your which is a much more subtle drop.

Damian @ DPM Performance

How much is the eibach pro kit from you guys?
Thanks

Is there a way of finding out whether you have sports or s line sports suspension without taking the wheels off as I don't have a clue what's on mine?

What model is your car?
SE will have SE suspension.
Sport will have Sport suspension
S-line will have S-line suspension.

The only difference to this rule is any of the above cars fitted with ADS adjustable dampers. These will have sport springs

What model is your car?
SE will have SE suspension.
Sport will have Sport suspension
S-line will have S-line suspension.

The only difference to this rule is any of the above cars fitted with ADS adjustable dampers. These will have sport springs
It's an s line and I've never heard of a sport model so that is why, cheers.