S38P Shutdown?

Andy Hitchkins

Reaction score
Afternoon,

as you may or may not know from previous posts i'm running a 2010 S38P Revo Stage 2..
which i've owned for 2/3 year now with no problems, However... i was driving last night and around 25-30 minutes into my trip i saw the battery light appear on the dash and all of a sudden the car shutdown, i lost power steering and all drive. I managed to pull up onto the side of the road without the engine running.
The battery light was still displayed as it is when the key is fully turned in the ignition as it was.

i turned the key back to the off position and then restarted the car, there was no issue with starting the car at all and once running there was no battery light displayed on the dash, i managed to drive upto my nans house just 2 minutes up the road so i could figure out what was the best thing to do.. anyway i decided to just chance it and drive home even though i have no current breakdown cover. The car ran perfectly fine the whole way home which is a 35 minute drive and i've been out this morning for 40 minutes and there was no issues at all with starting or driving.

has anyone else experienced this or know if it is anything to worry about?
i've also contacted Audi and they've said that it would be pointless to take the car to them if it is running fine at the moment and that it may have just had a blip and the fact that the car restarted fine and is now running fine is a good sign.

any help appreciated, cheers :)

Anyone?
since my last post this has happened to me 4/5 more times.. i took the car into audi yesterday for discs and pads and asked them to have a look into it and they found nothing, no stored faults or anything!?

The battery light comes up and then the car shuts down instantly but then once restarted it will run completely fine?

PLEASE HELP :wtf:

Corroded or loose earth strap?

Also check battery cables for signs of rubbing or if they're loose at the connection to the battery itself.