a3 sb spacers

Deze2014

A4 b8,s3 8v, q7 4l, SQ5 8r
Reaction score
alryt ppl just been thinking the last few days about getting some spacers to bring my alloys out from the car I don't think the front wheels look that bad, but as for my back ones the alloys definitely are more in the car suppose I would like to just bring them level with my arch face and bumper any recommendations in what mm I should get?

Right spacer width depends on your wheel's specs... In most cases 10-15mm spacers work fine, but tell me size, width and ET of your wheels and tires, if your car is lowered or not and then I'll tell you what to buy..

I have 5mm spacers on my one with 7.5 x 18 BBS CH's ET54.
I get a bit of rubbing if I hit any pot holes or bumps, nothing too drastic.
I'm also lowered about 40mm and the tyres are 225's

;)

ermm I just have I believe to be ronal audi 18inch oem 7.5 18inch alloys and the tires are just normal not stretched or anything I might put on some rear apex springs soon to match the front I don't want to be too wide I just want my alloys flush with my archface also the wider the spacer more likely it will compromise my wheel bearing so I will try to avoid that

Any recommendations on what brand and place to buy?

ok guys yeah sounds about right I most likely will go for the 10 front and 12 back do these make the alloys come out massively from the body? or are they subtle with being in line with my arch faces?
im not going for the wide low look stance just looking to stick them out abit so the alloy wheel faces are flush with my arch face

thanks for the feedback guys 1 love

10 and 12 will result in wheels flush with the arches, nice clean almost OEM+ look. Don't worry you won't end up with wheels sticking out or looking 'stanced'

Reactions: Deze2014
of course your familiar with spacers as I am not .Do they go on to you disc hub? and would you recommend those cheapies on the bay those universal ones?

of course your familiar with spacers as I am not .Do they go on to you disc hub? and would you recommend those cheapies on the bay those universal ones?

They go between the wheel and the car's hub, thus 'pushing' the wheel out.

I definitely 150,000,000% do not recommend the universal ones. You deffo need hub centric ones and I think H&R Trak+ are widely considered to be good.

If you get cheap ones you will end up with wobbly wheels and the car won't drive as it should. With good quality spacers you will get OEM drive but with better looks.

Reactions: Deze2014
ok I think I understand now so they fit behind the disc on that hub? wasn't going to get those cheapies but always nice to hear an experienced persons reason y not have them yea il chek out those h&r

Basically they fit between the wheel and the hub so you remove your wheel and place the spacer on the hub and then place your wheel on the spacer and bolt through the wheel and then the spacer into the hub.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: Sayam
ok I think I understand now so they fit behind the disc on that hub? wasn't going to get those cheapies but always nice to hear an experienced persons reason y not have them yea il chek out those h&r

As Damian says, they are between the wheel and the hub. Not between the disc. I hope this image helps. Just look at the picture in the bottom left quarter.

1-pair-2-pieces-5-x112-hole-of-57-1-mm-wheel-adapter-font-b-spacers.jpg

o yeah I see what you mean. would I need to remove my hub bolt?....got a feeling that doesn't matter although got a rough idea what I think might be important is when putting the spacer hub on the hub making sure the holes line up ready for the alloys to sandwich on then go in the oversized bolts that get back more depth into the hub to minimise compromisation as the alloy is further from the core of the hub?

@Deze2014 I don't mean this in a harsh way but you may be over thinking this, or you're like me and want to know every detail before doing something.

You take your wheel off, slap the spacer on the hub and put your wheel back on again using the longer bolts supplied. You don't need to touch anything else like the hub bolt or any of the suspension. All you're doing is removing the wheel, using the spacer as the meat in your wheel - spacer - hub sandwich and refitting the wheel.

Hope that helps.

haha yeah mate it couldn't be any clearer now, and yeah sayam I have a tendency to over think things or infact I like to no every detail just find being like that im within my comfort zone then

but yeah thanks for your help definitely going to go with the 10 front 12 back will be doing this modification soon will post a thread with pictures before hand possibly contact damian at dpm performance if they are fast delivery and good components do ya get a discount being on this site? lol

I'm not sure if you get a discount, best of asking Damian @DPM ... but regardless of that I wouldn't buy suspension and wheel stuff from anywhere else unless Damian didn't stock it. Fast, efficient and reliable service is worth more than a small ££ saving in my humble opinion.

Reactions: DPM and Deze2014