Good and Bad Day with the S4

StuBill

Supercharged Mofo
Reaction score
Website
www.stubill.com
Bad, that not even after 2 weeks of owning it, some kind soul at work has put a paint chip in the passenger side rear door.....the complete to**er. Highly annoying. SMART repair required already.

However, in a surprising twist, whilst not through choice due to traffic and speed restrictions, during a run up the M3/M25 this evening I had a average 37.8mpg on the DIS (ADS in Auto).
Is that some sort of record for an S4 !?

Reactions: scotty76
I feel for you mate, it's hellish leaving the thing anywhere other than home in fear of somebody hurting my pride and joy let alone at your own work:mad:

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010
Do you know who the to**er is?

Can you infest his underpants with a thousand fleas?

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010 and ERBY
Bad, that not even after 2 weeks of owning it, some kind soul at work has put a paint chip in the passenger side rear door.....the complete to**er. Highly annoying. SMART repair required already.

However, in a surprising twist, whilst not through choice due to traffic and speed restrictions, during a run up the M3/M25 this evening I had a average 37.8mpg on the DIS (ADS in Auto).
That is a record mpg. :)

I feel your pain. There's a particular space at work that me, a Golf R and a Cupra 280 fight over as it's a low door dent risk.

Reactions: ERBY and Luke2.0tdi2010
I am sure it was one of the pool cars that parked there when the space next to me became vacant.
The thing that annoys me most, as I sure it does everyone else, is that I would dream of doing it, no matter how tight the space. People huh !
Still, at least its only paint and no dent, so should be easy to rectify.
I know the DIS can be wildly optimistic, but that mpg figure surprised me somewhat.....especially as it's in the teens when pressing on :)

Feel your pain buddy. Hope you didn't hit him too hard! (Only joking! Lol)

Pretty impressive mpg figures buddy :thumbs up:

Feel a new thread coming on ... :D

Tell me about it. Within 2 weeks of owning mine I miss judged a car park entry way and clattered into the curb. Luckily only a curbing of the wheel right on the edge of the rim an no other damage, but the noise was horrendous and I've still not got around to having it repaired.

Watch that one, not sure what wheels you have on but the 19's are massive curb magnets!

Cried a little I did......

Ouch. That brings a tear to the eye just reading it.
Yep, I have the 19" rotor curb magnets too. So far I have only parallel parked it once and nearly had to call a taxi to get
to the pavement :)
I am sure it will happen one day sadly though.........

Reactions: Keef, desertstorm and scotty76
Feel your pain mate, only had mine a fortnight and my parking space at work has now moved right to the far quietest corner where the empty spaces are for safety!! Have to set off to work 5 mins earlier now.....:tocktock:

As regards parallel parking, still not mastered it looking after the wheels, and im only on 17s at the moment!

Tell me about it. Within 2 weeks of owning mine I miss judged a car park entry way and clattered into the curb. Luckily only a curbing of the wheel right on the edge of the rim an no other damage, but the noise was horrendous and I've still not got around to having it repaired.

Watch that one, not sure what wheels you have on but the 19's are massive curb magnets!

Cried a little I did......

First week...left a petrol station & managed to mount the concrete base of the pump on my way out, dinged rear offside......I haven't actually been able to talk about it....until now(I kid you not), can you imagine how difficult it is when I come to clean that alloy? (still unrepaired)
Suffice to say I leave till last.....I need to pour myself a drink:(

Perhaps there needs to be a 'group therapy alloy wheel dinged thread'??

Last edited:
Reactions: Keef
Feel your pain mate, only had mine a fortnight and my parking space at work has now moved right to the far quietest corner where the empty spaces are for safety!! Have to set off to work 5 mins earlier now.....:tocktock:

As regards parallel parking, still not mastered it looking after the wheels, and im only on 17s at the moment!

Slight thread hijack here, but 17's?? Is that winter wheels? The reason I ask is that I ran winter tyres on my 19's, and would prefer not to again. Have been looking at finding a set of 18's because I didnt think 17's would fit over the calipers.

Are they OEM 17's from the A4 range?

No, 17's won't fit over S4 brakes. 18's minimum.
I am looking at getting a set of 18" to run over the winter too. I am leaning towards at the WSP Italy Seattle wheels to keep it all OEM looking.

Within a few week of getting my S4, i had my Rotors repainted in Silver
2 reasons – Silver matched the car better and didn’t want to the expense of repairing diamond cut rims.
I kerbed the front offside just before xmas – was just gearing up to have them redone, glad i didn’t.
Kerbed again yesterday on way to work – same wheel, same placed!