15' plate Software/Electrical fault

S3LVX

Reaction score
Hi all,

Having just picked my s3 sepang blue saloon after only an 8 week wait which was really quick. It was a replacement to my black s3 saloon i bought last year which was playing up. I was over the moon to collect this, considering all the problems i had with my previous saloon.
However, after the first 10 mins of collecting the new car the DIS disappeared. Turnt the car off and on a couple of times to no avail. Drove it back to Audi where it magically started working but started flagging up an issue with the handbrake. Spoke to the head technician who who plugged in the computer and said it was indicating an issue with the driver door locked which is connected to the handbrake.
Anyway he told me to leave the warning signal up and book the car in. Next day the warning signals for the handbrake disappeared.
However, on my drive from london to brighton today the DIS flagged up an issue saying fault with the stop/start. I am not sure if this is a software or electrical fault (car is 3 days old).
Dont know if its me just being unlucky:(
Grateful for any advice

I would be very annoyed! ! Sorry to hear your having troubles. I cant comment though as mine (so far) has no issues (apart from engine rattle) ..hope you get it sorted mate

Reactions: S3LVX
On a new car that must be so annoying, do hope you get it sorted.

Sometimes, a 'reset' is needed on the engine management system. I was also told that it can take 100 miles or so for stop/start to calibrate. Your dealer should advise and sort.

Sometimes, a 'reset' is needed on the engine management system. I was also told that it can take 100 miles or so for stop/start to calibrate. Your dealer should advise and sort.

I would be very annoyed! ! Sorry to hear your having troubles. I cant comment though as mine (so far) has no issues (apart from engine rattle) ..hope you get it sorted mate

It is pretty annoying but the manager at Bexley has compensated with £250.
I have booked the car in for friday so hopefully, it is something simple to rectify although is still frustrating.

I'm having weird issues with the electrics in my car. I posted an issue a few weeks ago as I've gone in 7 times to have my car fixed in 9 months of ownership. They "fixed" it two weeks ago, yet now it's back yet again, so I'm booked in for an 8th time. So to say I'm ****** off now is a bit of an understatement, but it's not the dealers fault.

What seems to be happening is random systems stop working, be it: start/stop, ACC or pre-sense. Each time I've taken it in they've said that it's a crank shaft sensor that's broken, which causes non-essential systems to stop working, they've replaced it each time. But now it's happened yet again I'm probably going to be asking for some compensation of some kind. I think they must be expecting a complaint because the people who answer the phones for the SG Smith booking team recognise me every time I call up.

What I would say is that Bexley Audi is part of the SG Smith group. I bought my car through them as well at Coulsdon and have also been to Wimbledon for an issue to avoid a 3 week wait for a loan car at Coulsdon. I've not had the blatant poor customer service like most are describing at Bexley in these dealerships so I'd recommend possibly going to one of those instead; they have some great people working in there. I haven't been to Bromley or Dulwich, which are the nearer dealerships to Bexley so I can't comment on how those ones are.

Sounds like you are having the same problems I'm having randomly. I had my car in for its first service recently (oil change one year old) where they had to make a change to the service interval setup for me to set it to fixed rather than variable (as I'm doing under 10K miles pa). When I got it back that evening, first my phone wouldn't connect, then when I started the car, it immediately switched off and restarted and told me that start/stop was de-activated, then I'd take the key out of the ignition, and the MMI, Radio etc would all continue and couldn't be switched off. Spoke to service - as it was only an oil change and change of service intervals to fixed that had been done - and the service manager asked me to pop it down at my convenience (as its stopped messing about now) so he could plug it into their machine. Apparently there is one module that links/controls central locking / MMI / start stop etc and he could check it for a fault code. He said sometimes these do throw random wobblies.