Brand new A3 Saloon S line 2.0 TDI 184 BHP

Snow-Munki

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got back from the Audi garage and specced up a brand new Audi A3 Saloon S Line 2.0 TDI 184 BHP Quattro Auto model.

Extras are:
Comfort pack
Electric folding mirrors
Daytona Grey
Sat Nav
Privacy Glass

Total was a bit over £30k thats with the best discount he could give me was 9%.

Is that any good or should I just walk and try and get a better deal elsewhere ? Need to give him a £500 deposit and then most likely wait until September.

Thanks,

Hey there, welcome to the forum.

9% sounds about right. I got about 8.5% and was happy with that to stay local. Some people have had 10 - 12%.

Enjoy the wait :)

Si.

thanks for the quick response, do you think that is a good model to go for with the necessary extras ?

Other ppl saying I'm crazy spending £30k on basically a 2.0 TDI car.

Are you happy?

If you are then that's that.

Reactions: Psyman79
Hi,

Just got back from the Audi garage and specced up a brand new Audi A3 Saloon S Line 2.0 TDI 184 BHP Quattro Auto model.

Extras are:
Comfort pack
Electric folding mirrors
Daytona Grey
Sat Nav
Privacy Glass

Is that any good or should I just walk and try and get a better deal elsewhere ? Need to give him a £500 deposit and then most likely wait until September.

Thanks,
Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-sport.net SM!

Sounds a nice spec to me

If your unsure whether your getting a good price, do the rounds on the online brokers

Carwow, Carfile, drive the deal, orangewheels to name 4

A lot of people get the best prices off the likes of the above then negtiate with their local Dealer. I have, twice! Lol

& like @Symon says (no pun lol) it's your car. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks buddy

thanks for the quick response, do you think that is a good model to go for with the necessary extras ?

I think its a great model but I would as I've ordered one:)

Have you driven a saloon or the 184q? I did and any doubts disappeared.

Discount sounds right, slightly better than mine but I got a good trade in price too.

As for the spec I've ticked a few more boxes but that's your choice.

I've had a long wait as I ordered in October before this model was available but it now looks like I will get it in May so not long to go.

welcome Snow Munki. Nice spec and you'll just love that engine. Did you test drive one?

Spec looks good to me. Without wanting to start the usual arguments, there are a few bit i'd add but its all down to budget and personal preference. I would consider a sound system upgrade if you can. Standard system is okay but *** is worth it for the low cost. Also, ACC works well with S-Tronic. A couple of other options i went for are a bit controversial, namely the ILP and mono.pur.

The main thing though, as others have said, if you're happy then thats all that matters.

Wait will be over in no time.

Si :)

I had a 10 plate 170BHP TDI S Line Black Edition Quattro. Best all round car I've ever owned. You've made a sound choice IMO & mine held its value stupidly well too.

Welcome to the forum, as your post is the same as in OC I guess you followed my advice and have made it over to here, well done. The Audi-sport forum is a good source of information, and were're definately a friendlier bunch than OC. Can I ask if your heart is definately set on a diesel, do you do the mileage to justify the extra expense and is a stronic essential? Other than the the diesel and the stronic your spec is more or less similar to mine and you could make a saving of thousands if they weren't essentials. However for the spec you have quoted I wouldn't pay any more than around £29k from a broker, less if possible, but that dealer quote is about £1k off drive the deal so if you can get any more off the car or get some other conssesion thrown in you'd be doing well. You won't do wrong by getting the saloon and in the sline guise and with daytona it will be a stunning looker of a car.

I have an A3 Sportback 184 stronic quattro and having had eight previous A3s, both petrol and diesel I think my current car is the best yet. I love the power and torque from the 184 engine and the quattro drive just adds to the fun factor especially on country roads. I currently do around 14-15k miles a year and enjoy taking my car to the continent for holidays. The longer range of the diesel and the fact that diesel is quite a bit cheaper that unleaded on the continent is an added bonus. The 380Nm of torque and s-tronic go very well together and I enjoy driving mine in the s-tronic's 'manual' mode. Saloon or Sportback it is a cracking car. I also agree with the earlier post that the ACC works very well with the s-tonic in traffic and basically the s-tronic gives you the best of both worlds.

I wish I could have afforded Quattro....and LED's but I had to stop somewhere :-(

Def have to include ACC, once you have used it you will wonder how you did without for so long, a bit like mobile phones.

Reactions: Fox5150
Hi,

Extras are:
Comfort pack
Electric folding mirrors
Daytona Grey
Sat Nav
Privacy Glass

Thanks,
lets put this in perspective my S3 (sportback) was less than 2k more..... I know what I would rather have ! Unless you do shed loads of miles then I see it makes sense!

Thanks all for the replies, well I put my initial deposit down yesterday !!!!!!

I currently do 15k and that's driving it as little as possible as my current car just isn't pleasant or comfortable to drive so hopefully I'll be driving this one nearer the 20k mark which is why I wanted diesel. And fed up with manually so that's why I gone for this one. The sales guy said as soon as he can arrange a test drive I can get one and if necessary change my mind.

Been reading up loads so many more decisions to make. Currently umming over if I should cancel the privacy glass and get heated seats instead :p

I know some of the extras are only a few hundred pounds but it adds up very quickly. I'll now need to consider the adaptive cruise control and better speakers but that's already an extra £600 ish !

Difficult !!

Reactions: Pulp84
Good for you Snow-munki!

I personally think the 184Q S-Tronic is one of the best all rounders on the market. Very impressed when I had a drive of one for the day. Good mix of performance, costs and comfort.

I'd personally ditch the privacy glass and go for the heated seats - you can always add darkened glass at a later date. ACC is very useful when doing that many miles also :)

Reactions: h5djr
lol spent a few hours now choose the extras and i've now done the following:

Adaptive Cruise Control
Comfort Package
Folding door mirrors
interior light package
parking system front and back
reversing camera
sat nav ( basic :( )

Think that's it for now !! an extra £1000 or so, but hopefully i'll keep this car for a good 5 years so want something i enjoy and not wishing i'd paid an extra £'s for xyz.

Sounds like a good choice and a good choice of extra. I have the same options, minus the Sat/Nav on my 184q sportback. The only thing I would say is the personally I don't find the front parking sensors very much use. I would just stick with the rear parking sensor that come with the Comfort Pack and spend the saving on the heated seats.

If you're even thinking about sound system upgrades then this suggest you like listening to music in the car, in which case the *** is an essential minimum really as quite a few people have said the standard system isn't up to much.

If you're at a wall cost-wise then remember you can add the SD nav later so you could save £500 there and get it added a bit later when you have the cash.

Just something to be mindful of; when I ordered my car I ended up with £500 on Gardex & about £300 on a service plan- neither of which I realised were bundled in until I got home & perused the forms. Swapping the Gardex for nav was an easy decision for me.

I'm sure this is unusual but worth checking your order forms in case you find some "spare" cash to play with.

I have a SB S-Line TDI 184 Quattro S tronic in Daytona with

Comfort pack
LED headlights
Heated front seats
Door mirrors folding and heated
Hold assist
Bang & Olufsen sound system
Panoramic roof
Non smoking pack
Interior light pack
Delete model/engine tech badges
Reversible load floor mat
Electric lumbar adjustment

Far and away simply the best car I have EVER had, (and I've had a few...). The only other alternative for me was an S3 but I couldn't have lived with the [lack of] economy...

Reactions: sunscreemer and TDI-line
Have to agree with PembsA3, i collected mine on the 1st September 2013, and may have been one of the first ones in the country (sportback, not saloon).

This car is a great all rounder with great fuel consumption too, sure i could of bought the S3, but didn't want to cost extra running costs.

I would recommend folding mirrors (was about £150 back then), pressing the fob to lock the doors and fold the mirrors makes me smile every time. :)