Facelift A3 2.0 TDI 184

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I know this model is listed in the current price list but does anyone know if they are actually being made yet.

I thought I read that your dealer was getting one for you to test? Or have I misread something (most likely)

I emailed him today and there is not one within his group but he is looking round elsewhere. I just wanted to know if anyone else had seen one. Personally I don't think they are being imported just yet. I'm happy to wait!

The 184 was always a troublesome car when trying to locate one for a test drive, we had 7 dealerships spread-out and wasn't usual for us not to have one anywhere, the problem with the 184 is, not many dealers will order one as a demo because they'll be able to sell the 150 far easier and could be stuck with it for a longer period of time over the 150, good luck.

Reactions: Jassyo06
My main thing is to be able to compare the TDI 184 with a TFSI 190 of similar configuration. S-tronic and quattro. I have pretty good idea of what the 184 will be like as that is what I drive at the moment but I have to drive a FL version and a 190.

I did have a bit of a problem before I purchased my current 184 but in the end I did find two dealers with almost the correct spec.

Pardon my ignorance Dave, but what would the difference in a FL version of the 184 TDI 6 speed S-tronic quattro be to the one you already drive?
I thought the FL is just cosmetics? Obviously the TFSI 190 is a different engine.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Pardon my ignorance Dave, but what would the difference in a FL version of the 184 TDI 6 speed S-tronic quattro be to the one you already drive?
I thought the FL is just cosmetics? Obviously the TFSI 190 is a different engine.
I assume that the FL version will be just cosmetic changes as you say, But I have heard rumours that it may also have the AdBlue system as well. It is certainly mentioned in the new Owners Handbook but does not specify which model. I can only think it will be the for the 184 and this may be why the release of the 184 was going to be 6 months later than the rest of the range.

If I cannot find a new 184 s-tronic to drive then I will just drive a 190 TFSI and compare that to my existing car. So far I have never ordered a new car without have driven the same model before ordering. I love my existing 184 but it will be interesting to compare it to a 190.

I might test drive the 184 quattro when its time to replace my current mk7 GTD.

Like yourself, the 190 TFSI quattro could also be a possibility, but then if I make the change to petrol would rather go for a mk7 GTI...

Reactions: Don76
I have just received the latest updates to ETKA and it now lists the CZRA engine as 2.0 186 hp which started being fitted 09/16. It also seems that this particular engine has the AdBlue system. which could explain why it was later than the other models.

Has anyone placed an order for a FL 2.0 TDI 184 yet?