Standard sound system - Looking to add sub

ok thanks a lot man. yeh i have vcds, I'm not interested in the centre dash speaker. just a little more bass for the songs that haven't got much bass, as i listen to a wide variety, dubstep sounds not to bad on the passive setup but something like dire straits. sound terrible. thanks so much again man. ps is your 1.4 engine cylinder in demand?
No problem, pm me if you need any more help!. Also no i've got the normal 1.4tfsi

i just phoned audi to try and order the part and they told me they cant its factory fit only, did you order yours from a dealer?

I bought mine of eBay Germany for 35 euros

You going to hate my rajevx5, how did you connect the sub, did you remove the oem cconnector and just connect the wires?

Hahah no problem, I bought a parrot adaptor (quad lock) for the a3 8v tapped into the according speaker wires

Before doing anything I would check if the coding works to activate your subwoofer pin

I got crimp spade connectors and connected to the oem connector

Reactions: Bobwas4
thanks again man. now to find out if I can code it. :) fingers crossed I can. :)

All sorted man and just added the "A" where applicable in this long code, and there you have it sub and centre speaker wire is now live! Thanks again for you help, here's reference for anyone else who wants to do this oem mod!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433402716119681

^ Have you got the Standard MMI or Tech Pack
and
What week/year is your car?

I have tech pack and I took delivery 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: veeeight
Please note this is the old coding il take a pic of the new coding to show the change but it's literally change a 0 to an "A"

Yes byte 5 to 0A I'm glad it worked for you

New code will be,

01730301FF0"A"000021111101000A00002F00020701000100DE

Minus the "commas"

There was also an option to change the HZ of the door speakers I'm curious to find out what the "***" Hz ratings will be!

When you change the unit to *** all these settings automatically change, the eq of the car changes as there will be a subwoofer. You may notice now that when you play music the system will sound a little different with with not much low ends, this is because the system now thinks your car has a sub and is sending the bass to the sub. So when you get the sub in it will sound amazing. Also in the sound settings has the subwoofer control come up?

But I have the errors come up say that both sub and center are missing :)

Ok then the pins are definitely working and sending signals, some people are having issues with the sub control not showing but it should still work nevertheless.

When I say sub it's coming up speaker 5 and speaker 6 are missing.

Yeah that's normal it should say open circuit

Hmmm okay I'm not sure about that error it does seem like the pins are live though, you just need to put a speaker across those pins and see if it works and also see if the error goes away , if not it's not the end of the world and I will
Guide you on

If I activate the ports on vcds, how easy is it to plug in cables in the dash and into the back of the mmi?

It's not easy as such but you can make your own harness by buying a quad lock parrot adapter for the 8v and then it's just a simple plug in

Yeh I'm just gonna add the extra pins in the existing quad lock.

So I can confirm that this mod does work, however like I said I have no sub control, but the sound is MUCH better than it was before if anyone is interested in doing this. Thanks again rajeevx5 :D

Reactions: rajeevx5
rajeevx5, all,

First of all thanks for posting and helping.

I have changed the FF00 to FF0A but nothing really changed. I have done the codding through ODIS.

Do you think that i might have to change something more from the long code?

Thanks,

Alex

rajeevx5, all,

First of all thanks for posting and helping.

I have changed the FF00 to FF0A but nothing really changed. I have done the codding through ODIS.

Do you think that i might have to change something more from the long code?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex do you have the Tech Pack? Just guessing but it might be a different code for those of us without it...?

It didn't work for me either but it was my first time using VCDS so may have not done it completely right.

Alex do you have the Tech Pack? Just guessing but it might be a different code for those of us without it...?

It didn't work for me either but it was my first time using VCDS so may have not done it completely right.

Well, I have the Standard MMI with SD Navigation. The unit is Panasonic.

I am thinking that I might have to change something more from the long code.

I really want to add that subwoofer..

thanks for replying Zak.

Well, I have the Standard MMI with SD Navigation. The unit is Panasonic.

I am thinking that I might have to change something more from the long code.

I really want to add that subwoofer..

thanks for replying Zak.

I have the same unit (standard MMI with SD navigation), didn't realise it was a Panasonic unit.

The difference between Tech Pack and no Tech Pack is the only thing I think that it could be.... (Although I'm no expert on this lol)

If anyone WITH *** but WITHOUT Tech Pack could post up their coding that would really help us out.

At least then we can eliminate that as the problem.

Did you test it by checking the subwoofer pins (9,13) back of the unit? Or no errors shown up on VCDS?

Please guys someone give a hand here :)

For me no error shown up about any missing speakers neither the pins were active by testing with a small speaker..

Yeah I'm not getting any voltage readings from those pins (which I assume I should be getting) and the sub volume control has not appeared in the MMI menu.

Didn't check the errors properly as I was using someone else's VCDS so didn't have too much time, hopefully I'll get an opportunity to check soon though.

PLEASE HELP PEOPLE :D

Just tried vcds coding on my 2016 A3.
Coding is ok but no error shown up on vcds.
So i can imagine that on my 2016 it's not possibile to retrofit ***? Any experience about my 2016?