BW 13, 14, 15, & 16

Lucky, I have to wait until Tuesday. Already struggling to sleep!

Yeah I'm at work right now, haven't been able to concentrate. Just got a call from the Audi driver saying 1:30pm he'll be there...now I'm literally a waste of money for this company until then...

Just received it. Feels good :)

Amalfi White is better than I thought. The only thing I didn't like is that it's not very throttle sensitive at low speeds even on dynamic - take your foot off the brake and press the accelerator a bit and nothing happens.

To give an idea of my delivery timings. Mine was BW14, on the 7th April I was told it's in the UK and going to be heading into the Audi prep centre. On the 20th I was told it's ready for delivery/collection.

Today is the big day!

Mine was BW 14 and arrived at the dealers this afternoon. Arrived in UK on 14th/15th.

Good luck with the pickup. Get some pictures.

Not great photos...it's in my work's underground car park, roll on 5:30!

[photo="medium"]5711[/photo]

[photo="medium"]5712[/photo]

Reactions: Simon L, AndyB-S3, Rob2k68 and 3 others
I got a new V5C through today for an Audi with 0 previous owners. Its getting close now!! :jump:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks. Have you picked up yours yet? Looking forward to photos of that! S3 SB in Sepang...

In tomorrow to sign the finance paperwork and sort out private plates. Then pickup on the 1st May. Could have had it before but it'd only be stuck in a station CP next week so thought I'd take the day off and pick it up for the BH weekend.

I'll try and get plenty of pics when I collect.

Can't wait.

In tomorrow to sign the finance paperwork and sort out private plates. Then pickup on the 1st May. Could have had it before but it'd only be stuck in a station CP next week so thought I'd take the day off and pick it up for the BH weekend.

I'll try and get plenty of pics when I collect.

Can't wait.

Paperwork all done. Squeezed some more off too which was good. Got gap at a price match with an online quote I had got.

Pick on 1st May at 9.30am

Now just need to think about service plan. On 15k per year. I'm looking at £55 per month for two years Audi complete. Or £77/month over three years. Hmm...

African Highway left Emden today heading for Grimsby, but don't know if my car had made the port. I expect not but will ring dealer and Audi CS on Tuesday to find out.

The other boats that do the VAG shipping are

1. City of Paris
2. City of Rome
3. Autorunner
4. Autoprestige
5. Schelde Highway
6. Neckar Highway
7. Weser Highway
8. Elbe Highway
9. Ems Highway
10. Danube Highway
11. Isar Highway
Apparently my car left Emden on 13th April, heading for Sheerness. It was then diverted to Grimsby and arrived 22nd April. It is being offloaded now. I do not have a version of Marine Traffic which will allow me to interrogate historical information. Does anyone on this forum have that?

It would have probably been on African highway then. If you sign up for a free fleetmon account you can see the Grimsby port history.

Apparently my car left Emden on 13th April, heading for Sheerness. It was then diverted to Grimsby and arrived 22nd April. It is being offloaded now. I do not have a version of Marine Traffic which will allow me to interrogate historical information. Does anyone on this forum have that?

Although it could have been auto runner. It arrived on the 21st and left on 22nd

It would have probably been on African highway then. If you sign up for a free fleetmon account you can see the Grimsby port history.
Many thanks for speedy and helpful reply. Apparently it arrived at Port on 22nd having left Emden on 13th and is only just being offloaded i.e. it hung around for a long time. That is what Audi Sales told the dealer. It does not stack up with the info on marine web sites as most ships are in, offloaded and then out. But hey ho.Key thing is that as of this morning it does not have a Compound entry field filled in, so the dealer cannot expedite transport.

From off loading to compound mine took about 2 days. I really can't understand why yours is so slow. It almost seems it was loaded onto the wrong boat and was sailing about until the boat got to the right port.

Reactions: phil1824
From off loading to compound mine took about 2 days. I really can't understand why yours is so slow. It almost seems it was loaded onto the wrong boat and was sailing about until the boat got to the right port.
I agree, there seems to be an error somewhere. It was originally scheduled for Sheerness and is currently showing as Grimsby. what happened in between I will never know

Picked up my car this morning from Coventry audi. Great service from Ben, no freebies though and car was outside. A few minor swirls here and there on paintwork but nothing to complain about. My car definitely has the rustling sound from the turbo wastegate vibrating, sounds exactly the same as my GTI did but doesn't put you off from enjoying the car.

Photos really don't do it justice, but here she is:

33z5zr8.jpg

2ec24ck.jpg

5f0mzp.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68, greasy Thumb, Simon L and 6 others
Mine has now been discovered. Apparently Sheerness was overloaded and five ships were diverted to Grimsby which overloaded them. If anyone has access to tracking and can check up on the movement of Danube Highway 13th April onwards and to see if it did go to Grimsby, it would be appreciated. Audi are adamant that that was the vessel, however it was in Malmo on 25th, so seems odd. Hey ho. Car now expected some time after Bank Holiday weekend (maybe)

Mine has now been discovered. Apparently Sheerness was overloaded and five ships were diverted to Grimsby which overloaded them. If anyone has access to tracking and can check up on the movement of Danube Highway 13th April onwards and to see if it did go to Grimsby, it would be appreciated. Audi are adamant that that was the vessel, however it was in Malmo on 25th, so seems odd. Hey ho. Car now expected some time after Bank Holiday weekend (maybe)

As far back as I can get without paying

4d60c57d5b9b7bcb0bda0c85f713d1ee.jpg

Looks like it was at Grimsby on the 14th
1a1b1517715188e8117c744a40f2ba4e.jpg

Reactions: phil1824
Got a call from the dealer today and car arrived there this afternoon, going to pick her up at 4 tomorrow! Woot...

Reactions: Blackwhite
One down side that's a little funny is that the reg is FD15 AVG... It's an average S3 lol. Got my eye on a private plate now :)

One down side that's a little funny is that the reg is FD15 AVG... It's an average S3 lol. Got my eye on a private plate now :)

Mine started KY..... so that was it - had to smack a private plate on that bad boy !

Reactions: Richy_C
Mine would have been KY5OOP according to the dealers computer system at the weekend. But putting personal plate on from day one.

Leaving shortly for pick up. Better nights sleep than I expected. But still woke up at 5.20. Very excited now.

Mine would have been KY5OOP according to the dealers computer system at the weekend. But putting personal plate on from day one.

Leaving shortly for pick up. Better nights sleep than I expected. But still woke up at 5.20. Very excited now.

Ha I was up at the same time! Not getting mine just yet though :-(.

We pretty much have twin cars bar a couple of bits.

Reactions: Brasso
Collected at 9.30. Really good handover. Ami cables that I wanted, a boot liner thrown in and 3/4 tank fuel, audi rings keyring, and the oil. Only 7miles on the clock.

Finish and presentation of car was outstanding. Absolutely no swirls that I could spot even in the sunshine outside of the garage. Pleased with my wheel choice too.

Was going to detail today but just been out driving.

Loving it.

Only iPhone photos but here goes.

a2e5486c123eda385f222ebc910acf63.jpg
5648d8c7a8cb5ea3c0f92c9b68166877.jpg
53b0bc49a9893d1616e7cebf58d3ed3b.jpg
557461bf8c7e693eef37208559b85103.jpg

I'll get some more when I get chance and try to do some of the interior.

Reactions: Zache, Marino85, Abrown and 6 others
Collected at 9.30. Really good handover. Ami cables that I wanted, a boot liner thrown in and 3/4 tank fuel, audi rings keyring, and the oil. Only 7miles on the clock.

Finish and presentation of car was outstanding. Absolutely no swirls that I could spot even in the sunshine outside of the garage. Pleased with my wheel choice too.

Was going to detail today but just been out driving.

Loving it.

Only iPhone photos but here goes.

a2e5486c123eda385f222ebc910acf63.jpg
5648d8c7a8cb5ea3c0f92c9b68166877.jpg
53b0bc49a9893d1616e7cebf58d3ed3b.jpg
557461bf8c7e693eef37208559b85103.jpg

I'll get some more when I get chance and try to do some of the interior.

Looking good, I'm just bringing mine home, will post some pics in a few.

Reactions: Sandra and Brasso
Car looks Stunning @Brasso. Glad you had a good handover and had chance to drive. Enjoy. Will look forward to more pics. :) x

Well here she is, loving it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: Marino85, Brasso, Rob2k68 and 2 others
@Richy_C love the car. Did you have a good collection? Good drive after handover? Enjoy. :) x

Congrats Brasso! Enjoy! :thumbs up:

Reactions: Brasso
@Richy_C love the car. Did you have a good collection? Good drive after handover? Enjoy. :) x

Thank you, yes really good hand over. Many cables and a full tank. Couple of marks on one of the doors but very very minor and think I can sort it but dealer offered a full detail from a third part foc so may take that up.

Drives really well, has the metallic rustle noise but I've had that before and usually Cokes up when the exhaust matures.

Love the colour really love the colour.

Reactions: Sandra
Really like that mate. Very nice. All these S3's I'm seeing is making me think I should have given one more thought

Looking great @Richy_C

Looks like you got a bit more sunshine than me today. Your car looks great in the sun and I love the black interior trim. Pleased I changed mine to that.

Defo the best colour. #teamsepang.

Enjoy.

Well the start of day 3 with the car and about 200 miles on the clock now thought I would reflect a little.

Only one negative being a little rattle in the seat belt top b frame adjuster that will no doubt settle in with a bit more use. There is the metallic noise from the down pipe under load but that's normal for this car and actually I don't mind it (cosworth has a similar noise). Just thought of another actually, the steering is way too light for motorway driving in efficiency mode, I was weaving compared to my last Audi but that's just to do with my driving style so can't fault the car.

Good stuff, the colour wow just love walking up to the car, looking out the drivers mirror at the flank. The car really stands out and noticing allot of heads turn as well which is nice.

MPG has been around 33 which I'm amazed by still, I have been taking it easy but gently pushing the revs up now and again and it's such a strong puller. The sound as well is impressive, I was considering a exhaust upgrade but not sure it needs it. Scared a couple of bouncers last night!

B&O was set up terribly, best sound is got by focusing the rear, sub +2 bass +1 and treble on 0. Surround +2 as well. Really get a nice sound then. On acoustic and something with a beat.

I'm gutted its raining today but that just means a thrash up to maybe Matlock and a big clean session tomorrow.

The cars dirty but the shines not wore off yet :arco:

Reactions: Brasso, phil1824 and Mike1981
Unto about 150miles in mine. No rattles. But there is the metallic noise you mention I think it's the noise described extensively elsewhere, doesn't bother me ever at the moment.

Taking it pretty steady upto about 4000rpm most of the time with the odd excursion higher. Trying to make sure I vary the revs. Not checked the mpg.

I'm really impressed so far. Not really played with the B&O yet. Job for today.

Did some VCDS mods yesterday. First try was oil temp in all menus and the acoustic locking and unlocking beep. Went back out for a second go and did DRL off at 0 and DRL off in MMI. Also did the ACC menu mod.

Completely agreed on the colour. Nipped out to Argos for some new kitchen scales and did som extreme parking at the back of the car park just to ensure no muppets dinged it. Looked fab walking up to it.

Loving the LED headlight and main beam assist. Colour of the light is very good and been very impressed with the speed the beam assist reacts.

Hmm where to go today....

I'm new to all the VcDS stuff, I'd like to turn off the auto rear wiper though.