Pick Up Checklist and Post Ordering Requests

rikia93

Reaction score
So as its coming nearer to the time of pick up I'm slowly getting a list of things to do (a checklist is likely so lets build one ! oh and things to ask for at collection!

I thought I would take some inspiration from my job in the world of Aviation and apply the idea of a "Daily inspection".

I'm planning on taking a very bright torch to inspect the paintwork for any flaws and any dents that may have occurred whilst it has been parked away in the compound and any possible touch up areas if the worst has happened! Starting at the drivers door then working clockwise around the bottom of the car i.e wheels/ underside followed by vertical body panels lastly finishing with the roof. Checking for presence of wheels caps/ tyre valves etc. Applying the same methodology to the interior but for interior trim focusing on leather seats, steering wheel, screen, cluster etc.
Although not necessary as it should have been filled and checked at the dealership but a fluids and levels check since people are forgetful and make mistakes plus its better to be safe than sorry!

To get the maps updated to the 2015 ones without having to use my own free updates as my car is already built and collection isn't due till the 18th of March by which point the new maps will have been released (1st March).
To make sure the Audi pot is present!
To make sure there are no horrible sticky dealership window stickers or car of the year!
To make sure the plates put on the car do not have dealership markings just clean plates with the GB and registration
To make sure there is a cargo net in the boot ( luggage pack is standard on S3's?)
To make sure there is a litre of oil in the boot
Presence of all of the necessary wheel removal/ jacking tools ( someone had a jack handle missing on here??)
Minimum half a tank of fuel ( I'll be ****** of if it is half a tank though!)
Two keys!

A checklist against all of the features I have ordered

1 Its an S3
2 A sportback
3 S-tronic
4 Sepang blue paint ( check for orange peel particularly as @Bristle Hound may have cancelled his order because of this ????)
5 Privacy glass
6 S3 twin spoke partly anthracite wheels
7 Tech pack ( check for the larger screen with reduced bezel size)
8 Comfort pack ( look for the sensors near the rear view mirror and the rear view mirror itself)
9 Audi sound system ( is there a subwoofer in the boot!)
10 Cruise control (extra stalk below the indicators on the LHS of the steering wheel)
11 Parking sensors ( small circular flush type sensors in the rear bumper)

Things to ask for:
Audi Valve Caps?
MMI cable lightning fit ( color code I need to troll through the forums to find the all singing and dancing colored one)
Audi key ring?
Oil temp Coding
Servicing plan ( should have negotiated this when buying but never mind!)

feel free to add/ tamper with the list and lets see your suggestions!

+1 for the fuel. I was promised a full tank in mine as recompense for being fleeced an extra £100 over the catalogue option price for the 'labour' of pushing a sat nav SD card into a slot. Lo and behold, come collection day they appeared to have forgotten this! I made sure to remind them though and they filled it before I left.

Reactions: rikia93
To Bring

Drivers License
Debit Card
Train tickets
Audi order form document
Audi 7 day free insurance

To Check

Check car is of course right spec with options
Check mileage is minimal
Check paintwork & wheels
Check documents match the car
Euro plates

USB MMi cable
Sparewheel
Warning Triangle
Tool kit and car jack
Wheel lock nuts
Mats (front & Rear)
Ashtray/Cup (smoker pack)
First aid kit
2 Hi viz jackets
Storage net

No dealership stickers
2 keys - MAKE SURE BOTH ARE WORKING
Half tank of petrol minimum
Check Roadtax is done
Check V5 is correct

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, Brasso and 1 other person
How do you get this free insurance for 7 days? my google foo has failed.
my dealership (Bristol) don't offer euro plates which is a shame.

Some things I sent to my dealer that I haven't noticed above.
  • Add the Adaptive Cruise Control Default Distance menu to the DIS/MMI
  • Ensure the latest MMI software is installed
  • Please load the car’s handbook into the MMI
  • License plates attached via sticky pads - No drilling the car!

I emailed my sales guy requesting for euro plates, they said it was fine.

Audi Free 7 day insurance, your dealer will email you something like this:
0800 3167893. They will request from you the following information:

·Centre Number: xxx (3 digit number)
·Make: Audi
·Model: S3 Saloon Quattro S-Tronic
·Engine Size: 2.0TFSI 300ps
·Registration No:
·Year of Manufacture:
·Start Date: Sunday 1st March 2015

Reactions: Jassyo06
I emailed my sales guy requesting for euro plates, they said it was fine.

Audi Free 7 day insurance, your dealer will email you something like this:
0800 3167893. They will request from you the following information:

·Centre Number: xxx (3 digit number)
·Make: Audi
·Model: S3 Saloon Quattro S-Tronic
·Engine Size: 2.0TFSI 300ps
·Registration No:
·Year of Manufacture:
·Start Date: Sunday 1st March 2015

Thanks LF I will chase my dealer up on the insurance.
I was surprised when my dealership said it wasn't something they offered!

I would of taken out my own insurance but sales man said new reg isn't on DVLA database yet so won't be recognized by any system apart from Audi.
Funny enough they wanted £1200 or something around that for annual insurance, I happily declined but took out their free 7 days insurance just until I can get the car home and sort out insurance with Admiral which is only £360

I would of taken out my own insurance but sales man said new reg isn't on DVLA database yet so won't be recognized by any system apart from Audi.
Funny enough they wanted £1200 or something around that for annual insurance, I happily declined but took out their free 7 days insurance just until I can get the car home and sort out insurance with Admiral which is only £360

Yeah I spoke to Admiral today as they currently cover my current car and they said the car's reg doesn't exist, but were happy to setup my insurance based on the Make/Model + additional options. However they also informed me that any car under your ownership must be insured at all times, so the 7 days free insurance will cover the time I need to shift the Corolla. (already sold chap picking up the day after i pickup the S3)

Forgot to mention that because it's a new car dealer has to get road tax for it which means Audi Insurance will send a cover note to your dealer proving that it will be insured, and they buy road tax for you.
If you go straight with Admiral, you have to send a cover note to your dealer.

I didn't want the hassle so went with Audi's 7 day, not that I like giving out my details for marketing purposes!!

I think you may find that the reg plates by law must have the plate supplier and post code along with the relevant BS number.
You may be able to fit your own or replace the dealer plate. However without the relevant info the plates will not be legal.
Which may or may not bother you. It is unlikely the old bill would pick up on it so long as font, size and spacing conforms to the legislation.

Reactions: glospete
Not all dealers give you the top-up bottle of oil but no harm in asking.

On the copy of the PDI should be a test of all the optional equipment

Can you just ask for clean plates without dealership markings? i thought that is what you get given?

Can you just ask for clean plates without dealership markings? i thought that is what you get given?

No by law (and as Steeve has said) the supplier of the plates and their postcode must be displayed on the plates. And the relevant British Standard number also.

@glospete thanks for the reply, and sorry i just scanned through so missed Steeve's post.. eyes are getting heavy lol been up since 5 :sleeping:

Presence of all of the necessary wheel removal/ jacking tools ( someone had a jack handle missing on here??)
Yes - and if that's me you were referring to, it's the complete jack and handle missing :rolleyes:

Which reminds me - I must chase the dealer, it seems to have been 'on order' for ages.....

Reactions: rikia93
by which point the new maps will have been released (1st March).

Pretty sure the maps are released in November and May, not March.

Another thing to check with keys is that the number of keys you have matches the number reported by the MMI (Under servicing and checks there is an option that tells you how many keys are registered with the car). Also obviously test all the keys you are given.

Thread bookmarked for later on in the year ... :tapedshut:
:laugh:

Reactions: David83S3
BH ....... are you going to stay in bed on March 1st?
Probably :(

And not be able to handle looking at ASN .....?
No, no viewing ASN on THAT day! :( You can all bu99er off! :weight lift2:

But seriously, I'll be here drooling over all your new A3/S3's come 1st March :thumbs up:

My time will come ... :superman:

Reactions: Rob2k68