knocking noise.... getting sick of this car now!

jonathan english

Reaction score
yo team Audi sport!! Hope your all awesome! So I'm getting to my wits end with this car now!! Anyway well now its started making a knocking noise its as u accelerate when you get to around 5-10mph it makes a single knock and thats it you then come to a stop and start again and again its a single knock however this is not everytime but on a 10minute journey it will do it 3or 4 times its quite loud and also is felt through the pedals? Dunno if anyone can identify it? Also I was told by a garage it was the wish bone and ball joint (drivers side) and had that changed but still fmdoing it?? Thanks for your help! Jon

Sounds like strut top bearing or ball joint, just had the same issue on mine, ended up needing 2 new shocks and strut top bearing.

try repacking your top mounts with grease - might work - cheap start ???

how do I go about doing that? Is there a guide? Would be awesome if it was something like that!

I had a knocking similar to this, happened as I accelerated and worse when cornering especially turning left but not when I lifted of accelerator.
I changed the front wishbones, ball joints and track rods but still there. It turned out to be the driveshaft which failed might be worth checking as it left me on the side of the road screwed

Try anti roll bar bushes, cheap as chips, drop links also prone to fail, cheap too, buy full set on eBay.

ok weirdly enugh the knocing noise has stopped since the turbo has been replaced?? any particular reason why??? seems weird to me!!!

Mine was the DV hitting the strut brace when the engine moved severely!

Did they remove the arb to get the turbo in? If so maybe it was because the bushes were disturbed that the knocking has stopped.

i really don't no what they did? I know that they charged me £300 to fit it and according to the guy that did it it took him 17 hours to do????? Only got charged what he quoted though and seems to be absolutely fine!! Really annoyed that the clutch has started slipping though!