@hxrpz - Bagged & Stage 2+ S3 Build

I had all white hoses to :( woulda looked ace. I got accepted indoors last night but i'm just toying with it. I need paintwork badly before and the ferry is £320.

Yeah all white hoses will look the ticket lad. Get them bought! ;) Got my email last night too but I know how you feel with boats. Every time I come over to shows in England it ends up costing the guts of £400 :(

Visit to Reflex Auto Design & New wheels:

Earlier on in the Month I had a package arrive from the states containing my new wheels.

19" Rotiform BLQ-T in a Brushed Rose Gold finish with hidden hardware

fxYgelj.jpg

c6Yfkrc.jpg

6d1VArL.jpg

Iq84iEC.jpg

Hik5zuS.jpg

When ordering the wheels, I came to the conclusion that if I was spending all of that money, that they would have to have a decent concave, especially on the rear. So I ordered them in 9J x ET35 up front & 9.5J ET35 on the rear.

Initially that was going to be fine, then I decided that I really didn't want to run a ridiculous amount of stretch on the tyres when the car is running 350+ bhp. This meant the car was going to need arch work to get the wheels to fit properly.

REFLEX AUTO DESIGN & MEGUIARS:

After deciding that the arches needed doing I got in contact with reflex auto design who couldn't of been more helpful. Whilst the car was there i thought I may aswell clean the car up as much as I could. So whilst it was there the following below got done:

- Front & Rear Arches pulled to fit the wheels.
- Front & Rear Callipers painted in Audi Ceramic Grey.
- Skirts stripped of protective vinyl & prepped for paint.
- Respray in Ibis White of everything bar the roof & tailgate.

After this was done, the car then went to Meguiars for a bit of Early Edition Prep in their crazy detailing booth.

tVa79xu.jpg

j8RX6bT.jpg

Then came collection day the Friday before Early Edition, me & Alex Carroll made the jorney down to Daventry to collect the car and to take some pictures.

The car is being featured by ILOVEBASS this week but they let me pinch some of the photo's early to show off the new look (the funniest thing is we late realised that the wheels were put on backwards for these photo's) oh well here they are…

bfMXFty.jpg

A7d9joG.jpg

yZjCkTn.jpg

However I honestly couldn't be happier with the colour combination and how well the car works

EARLY EDITION 2015:

Being the first show for the S3, I couldn't of been more excited. I was on the RIIVA Design stand along with some great cars and to see the quality and quantity of Henry's recent work was really good. The show was ridiculously cold but as always it was great seeing familiar faces, the show was run smoothly & as always is still up there as one of my favourite shows.

To top things off the S3 came 2nd in it's class - the trophy's pretty cool to

ChzvQoD.jpg

PTmZgPn.jpg

I2AYheP.jpg

A5rgTaD.jpg

A2Nu70T.jpg

once again thankyou to the edition 38 team for a great show!

oh and here's one from after the show of an upcoming ILOVEBASS feature of henry's a6 & his brothers a3
zQifRza.jpg
[

Reactions: Allman45 and Sayam
Saw the wheels drop on instagram, look spot on! Such stance, much wow

Reactions: hxrpz
The cars looking absolutely brilliant !
Over the weekend your cars whored my instagram feed the alloys have really grown on me !
Really well deserved trophy there at EE
Any more plans for now with it?

edit: Just been on rotiforms website and saw the starting price on these alloys, it made me a little sick haha !

Last edited:
Reactions: Sayam
The cars looking absolutely brilliant !
Over the weekend your cars whored my instagram feed the alloys have really grown on me !
Really well deserved trophy there at EE
Any more plans for now with it?

edit: Just been on rotiforms website and saw the starting price on these alloys, it made me a little sick haha !

thanks dude, the car went a bit mad on instagram, my phone annoyed the hell out of me for two days :keule:

the wheels are something you really have to see in person as photographs make them all different colours haha!

trophy was a really nice bonus! got loads and loads of plan but for now i'm off to worthersee in a weeks time!

the price does make you feel sick, then try adding more money for this finish & i got stung £380 on import :fart:

Car looks well fella, what head unit have you got? Usually you see an RNS but your's looks different (almost like a Golf GTi). Just curious lol.

Car looks well fella, what head unit have you got? Usually you see an RNS but your's looks different (almost like a Golf GTi). Just curious lol.

The headunit is made by "Dynavin". It's fairly pricey however comes with everything you could need. To me the RNS's are starting to become out-dated so I wanted something with newer technology but didn't want to compromise OEM look.

Pure sex mate! You just killed it period

Thanks bro :uk:

Roadtrip to Worthersee/BMW & Porsche Museums & Photo shoots. [PICTURE HEAVY]

Made the 3000+ round trip to Worthersee at the end of april for one of the world's best car shows. Probably one of the best car related holiday's I've ever experienced. The S3 didn't skip a beat and the autobahn was very fun. The "show" is based around a huge lake in Austria & gets shut down with german cars for a few weeks!

There's an article below about the show:
http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/05/finding-ultimate-joy-at-worthersee/

Made the journey with a friend & my old man on his VFR 1200 then met loads of mates over there. We took a few days either side and stopped off in some awesome places.

Random pictures from the trip:

Rotiform Shoot:

Met up with the guys from Rotiform whilst we were out there to shoot the car for their new catalogue, really cool guys & down to earth. Nice to meet the guys behind your custom wheels. Here's a few from the shoot:

These wheels have now sold as I've decided to go down a different route with the car but they are one of the best wheels I've owned. My new set are going on this weekend so will update you all soon :)

:yahoo:Just a few of the cars around the lake:

BMW MUSEUM:

PORSCHE MUSEUM:

ONCE AGAIN SORRY FOR THE HEAVY LOAD OF PICTURES.

Will be back soon with the S3's new look :yahoo:

Last edited:
Car looks lush but my own personal opinion... I think the rear windows, all 3 of them need tinting as they would set it off with the gloss black door pillars ;-)

That is one deeeeecked S3!!

Go on my son hahaha

hahaha, thanks dude. luckily I can change it with the push of a button otherwise I might be in a pickle.

Car looks lush but my own personal opinion... I think the rear windows, all 3 of them need tinting as they would set it off with the gloss black door pillars ;-)

I've thought about tints before, however after spending so much it's nice being able to showcase the interior retrim & boot build :grin: however I may have carbon fibre B pillars lined up!

Reactions: TorqueTerrorist
OZ Racing Ultraleggera - Center Locks:

As good as the Rotiforms were, to myself I was never entirely happy with how they looked actually on the car but I stuck with them to get my money's worth. After my trip to Worthersee, I came back with a dead set of brand new tyres & had to take the wheels apart to polish the (awkward to get to) dishes due to how much brake dust had decided to cling to the wheels, this for me was the deciding point to sell them & to get something race inspired that would allow myself to drive the car hard with little maintenance & also allowing me to put a better set of brakes behind them :smilingimp:

I'd had my eyes on a set of OZ - Ultraleggera's for a long time but wanted to run the Center lock version. So when I found out that these were still for sale, I had to get them :hearteyes: to run the wheels, a set of center lock adapters were made by G23 engineering.

Went to Belgium for a show this weekend & got them on just in time, here's some picture

Now to wait for the delivery of my new brakes this week :smilingimp:

Reactions: Allman45, TorqueTerrorist and smurfworth
I can understand why you changed the wheels from a performance point of view, but these OZ and a patch on the Rotiform ones when it comes to look...

Car looks great all the same though

What brakes did you go for?

love it.
ultraleggeras with centre lock in 19" look much better than ones i got in 18".

OZ Racing Ultraleggera - Center Locks:

As good as the Rotiforms were, to myself I was never entirely happy with how they looked actually on the car but I stuck with them to get my money's worth. After my trip to Worthersee, I came back with a dead set of brand new tyres & had to take the wheels apart to polish the (awkward to get to) dishes due to how much brake dust had decided to cling to the wheels, this for me was the deciding point to sell them & to get something race inspired that would allow myself to drive the car hard with little maintenance & also allowing me to put a better set of brakes behind them :smilingimp:

I'd had my eyes on a set of OZ - Ultraleggera's for a long time but wanted to run the Center lock version. So when I found out that these were still for sale, I had to get them :hearteyes: to run the wheels, a set of center lock adapters were made by G23 engineering.

Went to Belgium for a show this weekend & got them on just in time, here's some picture

Now to wait for the delivery of my new brakes this week :smilingimp:
It looked pretty before. It looks sensational now!!

Great wheel choice IMO...

The rims look spot mate so does the rest of the the car as usual

I can understand why you changed the wheels from a performance point of view, but these OZ and a patch on the Rotiform ones when it comes to look...

Car looks great all the same though

What brakes did you go for?

Everybody is entitled to an opinion dude :smiley: The Rotiform's are such a good looking wheels but for myself, I didn't like them on my car, I built them too wide and learnt from it. I much prefer the simplistic look & how the car sits on the oz's + centerlocks are cool :tongueclosed:

Thanks dude, means a lot.

I was originally going R8 then did some research and have since decided to go with a set up that's better mated to the S3's and will stop a lot nicer. Ordered the VagBremTechnic kit :smilingimp: DB9 callipers / 362mm AP Racing two piece discs / Pagid RS4-2's pads / HEL Braided Lines.

love it.
ultraleggeras with centre lock in 19" look much better than ones i got in 18".

Ultraleggeras are cool wheels, no matter what :sweatsmile:

Smashing the wheel game mate, everyone's a fan of big brakes too :smilingimp:

The rims look spot mate so does the rest of the the car as usual

It looked pretty before. It looks sensational now!!

Great wheel choice IMO...

Thanks lads, always great to hear good feedback :grin: brakes "should" be here this week

Very interesting thread indeed! Its funny for me reading through and looking at the choices you are making as they are pretty much the opposite to what I would do myself, but yet those choices make you happy and my choices make me happy! Looking forward to see where you take it next, especially looking forward to seeing the BBK!

Very interesting thread indeed! Its funny for me reading through and looking at the choices you are making as they are pretty much the opposite to what I would do myself, but yet those choices make you happy and my choices make me happy! Looking forward to see where you take it next, especially looking forward to seeing the BBK!

That's what makes the forum great though, we can all appreciate the different approaches people take to modifying there cars. The car should drive a lot better with it's new dog bone mount, brake kit & wheel set up :smiley: However bar a few carbon parts & a good detail, all of my next modifications are going to be performance related!

Over the winter, I will be switching to new air suspension struts that are made using bilstein struts/dampeners but have already decided I will be uprating the rest of the Engine mounts / Polybushing the majority / installing the Anti lift kit next :smilingimp:

Everybody is entitled to an opinion dude :smiley: The Rotiform's are such a good looking wheels but for myself, I didn't like them on my car, I built them too wide and learnt from it. I much prefer the simplistic look & how the car sits on the oz's + centerlocks are cool :tongueclosed:

Thanks dude, means a lot.

I was originally going R8 then did some research and have since decided to go with a set up that's better mated to the S3's and will stop a lot nicer. Ordered the VagBremTechnic kit :smilingimp: DB9 callipers / 362mm AP Racing two piece discs / Pagid RS4-2's pads / HEL Braided Lines.

Don't get me wrong your car is beautiful and way way beyond what I have the time and patience for. I just LOVED the bronze/copper effect of the Rotis thats all :)

To me the OZ are just 'another multispoke wheel' although the centre lock thing is cool!

Don't get me wrong your car is beautiful and way way beyond what I have the time and patience for. I just LOVED the bronze/copper effect of the Rotis thats all :)

To me the OZ are just 'another multispoke wheel' although the centre lock thing is cool!

I knew you weren't coming across in a bad way dude! :) I do miss the finish but not the cleaning hahaha

That's what makes the forum great though, we can all appreciate the different approaches people take to modifying there cars. The car should drive a lot better with it's new dog bone mount, brake kit & wheel set up :smiley: However bar a few carbon parts & a good detail, all of my next modifications are going to be performance related!

Over the winter, I will be switching to new air suspension struts that are made using bilstein struts/dampeners but have already decided I will be uprating the rest of the Engine mounts / Polybushing the majority / installing the Anti lift kit next :smilingimp:
I've just had a carbon fibre heat shield made. The guy has the mould now if you fancy it...he said he can delete the logo. I wanted it to match my induction. He works for an F1 team. It has a silver heat proof backing he reckons holds up to the heat on F1 cars. As you like being different and no one on here has one...apart from me of course lol

I've just had a carbon fibre heat shield made. The guy has the mould now if you fancy it...he said he can delete the logo. I wanted it to match my induction. He works for an F1 team. It has a silver heat proof backing he reckons holds up to the heat on F1 cars. As you like being different and no one on here has one...apart from me of course lolView attachment 60621 View attachment 60620

send me a DM about it buddy!

those knee guards/rests in carbon fibre are lovely. Did you get them made or were they bought?

they look brilliant. good taste.

Wasnt feeling the Ulta's to begin with. But last few days they've grown on me !

One thing i wanted to ask. I've seen all the big boy's (like adam rickards and i believe nicks orange M3) have Lords on there back window.
What is it , a dapper/illest kinda cult/lifestyle?