What have you done to your 8V today?

I give all the door shuts a clean every time I wash it, keeps them looking fresh.
I do wipe them over on wash day but today i got right in around the hinges and all the hard to reach bits.. Now when i open the door im met with lovely shiny paint.
:nogarors4:

Reactions: Pook
done mines last week....should have ceramic coated them....but time ran out.....and so did my energy levels....View attachment 161437

You'll notice Audis all encompassing cost cutting on the face lift by the deletion of the door sill trim

It seems im not alone... that red stitching is :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Jassyo06
done mines last week....should have ceramic coated them....but time ran out.....and so did my energy levels....View attachment 161437

You'll notice Audis all encompassing cost cutting on the face lift by the deletion of the door sill trim
Said it before and say it again....beautiful car :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06
The Mrs has great taste in paint colours....sweet lookin Mini

I showed her this, to inspire her choice!
A9830892 BE5C 438E 8A57 B3028A4C3122

Reactions: Jassyo06 and stote
Fitted the xenonz grill today.. Took a little longer than I expected with the two of us.

Used a family friend's garage who also luckily happened to have some propper jacks. Wouldn't want to do it without taking the front wheels off.

The xenonz grill is okay, but we did have to dremel a few piece out that were leftover mould connectors. Quality could've been better on that end and saved us 30 mins fitting, pulling out and then dremeling those connectors on repeat.

Overall took us about 6-7 hours. Removing the bumper was fine and did that by myself. Removing the grill from the bumper however? Let's just say I won't be helping anybody install a grill anytime soon. Fitting the new grill back in was a pain due to the leftover plastic mould connectors as described earlier.

Putting the bumper back on was better than removing and installing the grill but took about double the time it did to remove. Not really any different to what I expected to be honest.

Fitment of the grill was fine, looks nice. Not sure whether or not I want to put the audi rings on it or not.

Reactions: boydyski and MattSedg
Fitted the xenonz grill today.. Took a little longer than I expected with the two of us.

Used a family friend's garage who also luckily happened to have some propper jacks. Wouldn't want to do it without taking the front wheels off.

The xenonz grill is okay, but we did have to dremel a few piece out that were leftover mould connectors. Quality could've been better on that end and saved us 30 mins fitting, pulling out and then dremeling those connectors on repeat.

Overall took us about 6-7 hours. Removing the bumper was fine and did that by myself. Removing the grill from the bumper however? Let's just say I won't be helping anybody install a grill anytime soon. Fitting the new grill back in was a pain due to the leftover plastic mould connectors as described earlier.

Putting the bumper back on was better than removing and installing the grill but took about double the time it did to remove. Not really any different to what I expected to be honest.

Fitment of the grill was fine, looks nice. Not sure whether or not I want to put the audi rings on it or not.

Picture?

Reactions: Jimbo10
Copious amounts of polish still holding up with the unseasonal weather we seem to be enduring.
20180729 104522 3024x1701
20180729 104517 3024x1701
20180729 104531 3024x1701

Reactions: boydyski, V6_Man, Scotty75 and 2 others
Cleaned my exhaust tips AGAIN. Can’t believe how much dirtier they get than my A3 TDI. They were treated with CSL when detailed so nice and easy to clean however. I just use a little SRP to finish them off. Got to keep on top of them though, weekly clean probably the call, 2 weeks tops.

Reactions: NevMan
Will have to get one later on, **** weather at the moment. Didn't get home until dark last night.

On a different topic, has anybody has any experience with these: https://www.k-electronic-shop.de/AU...inge-Ausstiegsbeleuchtung-Nachruestpaket.html

Its not an overly complicated mod but you will need to know which door modules pin to connect to I believe. Some forum members have done this so you'll need to do a search.

As for your grill, sounded like the new version XenonsUK use are not to a perfect placement by the sounds of things. Was it something you think you did wrong or product not good fitment?

Its not an overly complicated mod but you will need to know which door modules pin to connect to I believe. Some forum members have done this so you'll need to do a search.

As for your grill, sounded like the new version XenonsUK use are not to a perfect placement by the sounds of things. Was it something you think you did wrong or product not good fitment?

I've taken a look at a couple videos on YouTube and I reckon it shouldn't be a difficult install - I've already ordered a couple so hope it goes well haha.

I believe it was just poor fitment. I'm not sure if there were some mould pieces left on or what, but when viewing the back of the Xenonz grill and the OEM grill side-by-side there were a few tabs and such present on the Xenonz grill that weren't on the OEM. These are what caused the issue with attaching it to the bumper - there were plastic pieces that had nowhere to fit into.

I can't speak for all of their grills but I won't be ordering another due to the issues I had with mine (for my dad's a5).

In FL RS3 suspensions, out ST XTA coilovers on my PFL S3. ST were installed about 10 months ago, and I have no idea how much I miss the stock ride quality lol Don’t get me wrong, the ST is great but being coilovers and with top mount, for daily it’s just missing a little refinement.

I drove couple of FL RS3 and completely fallen in love with the suspensions, it fixes the unstable rear at uneven surface during fast corners (My main reason that I even consider aftermarket suspensions) and not sacrificing too much handling compares to the ST, yes it’s softer and higher but I guess it’s better than compromising ride quality.

I’m really happy with them except for the ride height, after 10 months, I guess I’m used to it being sitting low, but oh well, nothing Is perfect I guess haha

Reactions: Scotty75 and Jassyo06
Not me personally but had a local PDR guy round today to get rid of a ding in the rear wheel arch someone kindly done for me. Didn’t take him long, was good to watch though.

Back to its former glory now

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jimbob76, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Not me personally but had a local PDR guy round today to get rid of a ding in the rear wheel arch someone kindly done for me. Didn’t take him long, was good to watch though.

Back to its former glory now
looking her best for AITP :thumbs up:

looking her best for AITP :thumbs up:

As good as can be, still got a small mark on the rear passenger door I had touched up where some other complete and utter w****r hit it with their door! Shall give it a nice clean for the show anyway, made a t-shirt for it today too.

Reactions: NevMan and MattSedg
As good as can be, still got a small mark on the rear passenger door I had touched up where some other complete and utter w****r hit it with their door! Shall give it a nice clean for the show anyway, made a t-shirt for it today too.
a tshirt!? doing a proper job mate!
...i need to try a optimum no rinse wash before the show so i actually know what im doing when i try and wash it on the showground

Reactions: NevMan and Tom.H
Took some time to do a thing to my own vehicle today, after not being driven for nearly 3 weeks... Audi OEM 5 Wing Arm alloys off and Revo RV019's on. Hard to photograph these wheels with an iPhone.

IMG 0365 IMG 0391 IMG 0396 IMG 0401 IMG 0422 IMG 0417

Reactions: boydyski, Jonny B, Schizophonic and 9 others
Not today, but an update on my 16' S3 stage 1+; ordered catted DP, dogbone insert and will have Unitronic Stage 2 ecu Stage 1 tcu tunes ready to go next set off.

Then off to the strip I go!

Took some time to do a thing to my own vehicle today, after not being driven for nearly 3 weeks... Audi OEM 5 Wing Arm alloys off and Revo RV019's on. Hard to photograph these wheels with an iPhone.

View attachment 162348 View attachment 162349 View attachment 162350 View attachment 162351 View attachment 162352 View attachment 162353

Wow, very nice Thanks again for the excellent coding yesterday Good drive back with new unlocked functionality especially the colour map in the DIS By the way, no traffic lights when in manual mode in lap timer screen

Reactions: T-800
Wow, very nice Thanks again for the excellent coding yesterday Good drive back with new unlocked functionality especially the colour map in the DIS
Thanks and great stuff! Was great meeting both you and your car yesterday!

By the way, no traffic lights when in manual mode in lap timer screen
Damn, I had a feeling the gear change lights might not work :(

Fitted some R74 plugs in preparation for stage 2 today. The car was due plugs anyway so as some say its go to use a slightly colder plug i went with 06K 905 601M

Wow, very nice Thanks again for the excellent coding yesterday Good drive back with new unlocked functionality especially the colour map in the DIS By the way, no traffic lights when in manual mode in lap timer screen
@q5man, what mods did @DJAlix do for you?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Took at picture of the car, posted it on Instagram whining about the 8 hours count down we all have to go through before getting into the car again... Not all people understand the struggle but I'm sure all petrol heads on here know what I'm talking about.

IMG 2328

Reactions: V6_Man, 1future, Jimbob76 and 2 others
Took at picture of the car, posted it on Instagram whining about the 8 hours count down we all have to go through before getting into the car again... Not all people understand the struggle but I'm sure all petrol heads on here know what I'm talking about.

View attachment 162397
Looking good

Reactions: Lehn
Moved my personal plate over to my car without having the plate back in the post yet, so technically I can't drive it. Realised this after driving it to work. :wtf:

Moved my personal plate over to my car without having the plate back in the post yet, so technically I can't drive it. Realised this after driving it to work. :wtf:

If you made the changes via DVLA website then you are good to go, however if it was all done via snail mail you might have a problem unless you can confirm with them if the change has been processed.
Remember and let insurance know too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@q5man, what mods did @DJAlix do for you?

The below, and probably a few others I have omitted:

1. Activate full mapping on central colour DIS screen. (Not just the standard turn by turn.
2. Safety cameras on SD SatNav.
3. Warning of safety cameras.
4. Lane assist (was already done my me with OBDeleven).
5. Alarm chirp - double for lock, single for unlock.
6. Acoustic alarm mmi menu entry.
7. Rear taillights on as part of DRL.
8. Lap timer.
9. Oil temp display.
10. Daytime running lights added to exterior lighting menu.
11. Traffic sign recognition activated. (Not yet).
12. Needle sweep.
13. Remote locking whilst car running.

Reactions: V6_Man, Pook, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
@q5man. Sounds good, it's another of many things on my to do list.

If you made the changes via DVLA website then you are good to go, however if it was all done via snail mail you might have a problem unless you can confirm with them if the change has been processed.
Remember and let insurance know too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is that my car's showing up as the new plate on the check car tax site, but my new physical plate (getting pressed) hasn't arrived yet :( Cheers

Reactions: BarryG79
Took some time to do a thing to my own vehicle today.... Revo RV019's on.

View attachment 162351 View attachment 162353

Like these - very nice. Simple classy design, easy to clean and a keen price too. Think they are manufactured for Revo by Rimstock, so they should be decent quality - good to buy British as well!

@DJAlix - do you know if they’ll take an OEM Audi centre cap? And if you get a chance to post some more/better pix :whistle2: I’d be keen to see...