What have you done to your 8V today?

Evening, today I changed my key fob battery, the dash still says change battery after replacing, is there something else you need to do other than change the battery? TIA

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I changed mine when I got a warning on the obdeleven, when I changed it there was no warning on the car display, what if you change it to the replacement key too? Might be a solution

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: palla1978
Used this on the alloys to see if it'll be part of my maintenance from now on...

If it is your video I will be waiting for those 4 weeks !

Reactions: TimWills28
I changed mine when I got a warning on the obdeleven, when I changed it there was no warning on the car display, what if you change it to the replacement key too? Might be a solution

Thanks bud, not quite sure what was wrong but I used my spare then tried the one with the new battery and all is fine, strange. Thanks for the reply though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mike260193
I've fitted 4 dunlop sport maxx rt2 and I'm happy with the performance but they're 1cm short and the rims stick out! I clearly should have researched them first!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last few days did a bunch of mods:

CTS Turbo Intercooler Install (pain in the *** to modify radiator support to fit)
Wrapped downpipe
ECS Turbo Blanket
Modified front intake inlet so air goes I'm both sides
Removed lower heat shield as it was rattling against awe touring exhaust
Denso IKH24 spark plugs
New coil packs (cylinder #3 was bad)

9a17e277c7fbd240a44fe7657dc48171.jpg

254428fc868f6ef18509d9064ebcc076.jpg

d0f6711975024bbdb14e7d37c3ff31a4.jpg

151283022adfa0667788bc4f7a0ee548.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68 and TimWills28
Last few days did a bunch of mods:

CTS Turbo Intercooler Install (pain in the *** to modify radiator support to fit)
Wrapped downpipe
ECS Turbo Blanket
Modified front intake inlet so air goes I'm both sides
Removed lower heat shield as it was rattling against awe touring exhaust
Denso IKH24 spark plugs
New coil packs (cylinder #3 was bad)

9a17e277c7fbd240a44fe7657dc48171.jpg

254428fc868f6ef18509d9064ebcc076.jpg

d0f6711975024bbdb14e7d37c3ff31a4.jpg

151283022adfa0667788bc4f7a0ee548.jpg

Very nice mate - good work ;o)

I'd like to upgrade my coils packs but can't find any that have the bolt hole to secure them like the OEM packs have.

Reactions: rcnacura
Very nice mate - good work ;o)

I'd like to upgrade my coils packs but can't find any that have the bolt hole to secure them like the OEM packs have.
For the 8v just make sure to find the second revision versions. I guess the R8 (red version) are a good upgrade, however don't have holes either. Dealership should take care of you if under warranty. But they are pretty cheap (25-30USD each). Car was misfiring so bad on light acceleration.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Merry Xmas to all!
I quickly ran outside and installed my auto dimming mirror pfl version.
Took about 20mins, happy doin this after nearly a years ownership.
P 20161225 110026

Merry Xmas to all!
I quickly ran outside and installed my auto dimming mirror pfl version.
Took about 20mins, happy doin this after nearly a years ownership.
View attachment 113203
Merry Christmas to you too! Do you have a manual or something? Or maybe what tools I need? Mine does not have auto dimming and would love to have it

Merry Christmas to you too! Do you have a manual or something? Or maybe what tools I need? Mine does not have auto dimming and would love to have it

Hi Mike!
I bought the mirror from the China equiv of ebay cost me 80 quid and came with a cable harness which is basically positive and gnd, taking off the original is basically remove the cable cover by pinching the fat area once that is off, then gently pulling on the mirror base and twisting anti clockwise, the mirror will come away.
Finally just taking the cable to you fuse box area and connecting to a fuse.
It is at most a 4/10 on the difficulty scale.
Cheers.

Hi Mike!
I bought the mirror from the China equiv of ebay cost me 80 quid and came with a cable harness which is basically positive and gnd, taking off the original is basically remove the cable cover by pinching the fat area once that is off, then gently pulling on the mirror base and twisting anti clockwise, the mirror will come away.
Finally just taking the cable to you fuse box area and connecting to a fuse.
It is at most a 4/10 on the difficulty scale.
Cheers.

Thanks! Do you have the link?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Merry Christmas guys!!
This is an awesome present! Can't wait to build it
5840eae108826f15edaa08aa2b2e783d.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Rob2k68 and rcnacura
Thanks! Do you have the link?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Hi mate,
They will only deliver in China so I get me buyer to do the payment and delivery for me, website is in Chinese too.

DIY - Android and touch screen replacement installation in A3 8V (in Spanish, but a lot of photos)

PDF - (in Spanish) - FrA1l3_Brico_Chinotouch.pdf

DIY - Rear parking camera installation in A3 8V (in Spanish, but a lot of photos)

PDF (in Spanish) - FrA1l3_Brico_camara_trasera.pdf

Please feel free to ask me about the DIY!
regards!!
Did I read that right, but this does this version have a 360 degree camera system? Also can you use any of your steering wheel controls of the central mmi control buttons? I have the qdis version which is good, but doesn't have the Audi interface like yours does. Winner if is an apk you could send me to try?

Reactions: FrA1l3
Here is video from Laguna Seca and the first session of the day. Track was too busy and lots of people that weren't following directions to allow you to pass (point to pass) so couldn't get a good run in most of the day. The car did incredibly well and had many people asking me what I was doing on the car as I kept passing cars that even I thought I would not be able to overtake. Was a Viper, only car that was on me and passed me later in the day. Fun overall day but need to get vented rear discs! 300F up front, about 650-700 on the rear after sessions. DP wrap also was black, but temperatures must of been glowing as the wrap is now discolored and white. Also the AWE Touring exhaust didn't pass the 90db sound ordinance, so I needed to jerry-rig the pipe, I'll need to buy another pipe for next time and both sides of the exhaust.

IMG 20161226 105152
IMG 20161226 134458

Last edited:
Reactions: BodegaBay, CHCCubs, mike260193 and 1 other person
Here is video from Laguna Seca and the first session of the day. Track was too busy and lots of people that weren't following directions to allow you to pass (point to pass) so couldn't get a good run in most of the day. The car did incredibly well and had many people asking me what I was doing on the car as I kept passing cars that even I thought I would not be able to overtake. Was a Viper, only car that was on me and passed me later in the day. Fun overall day but need to get vented rear discs! 300F up front, about 650-700 on the rear after sessions. DP wrap also was black, but temperatures must of been glowing as the wrap is now discolored and white. Also the AWE Touring exhaust didn't pass the 90db sound ordinance, so I needed to jerry-rig the pipe, I'll need to buy another pipe for next time and both sides of the exhaust.

View attachment 113317 View attachment 113318

I can see what you mean about people not following directions right at the start of your video, there are so many skid marks on track that go straight off at many of those corners. :openmouth:

Did I read that right, but this does this version have a 360 degree camera system? Also can you use any of your steering wheel controls of the central mmi control buttons? I have the qdis version which is good, but doesn't have the Audi interface like yours does. Winner if is an apk you could send me to try?

Hello!

Yes! This system have 36p degree camera. You can change to one of the four cameras at the moment.

I can use all controls,it have an canbus controller that enable you to remap any key. And the central console works on the main android menu.

I will have to do a video explain it.

I know Qdis systems, this have better look, but in the specifications they have the same. The menu is a desktop widget.
Now I will study the android to make mods and tricks
Regards!

Hello!

Yes! This system have 36p degree camera. You can change to one of the four cameras at the moment.

I can use all controls,it have an canbus controller that enable you to remap any key. And the central console works on the main android menu.

I will have to do a video explain it.

I know Qdis systems, this have better look, but in the specifications they have the same. The menu is a desktop widget.
Now I will study the android to make mods and tricks
Regards!
I'd love to get this version just for the steering wheel controls. Can you post a video on your other thread post of the install with how the can-bus all works. Also seen it can do front and rear camera inputs? Can it act as a DVR/dashcam? And you were saying it was wifi, but can you just hard wire the cameras in? Is it just a normal RCA plug too (so I can use existing camera on the car). Thanks for the info!

Reactions: FrA1l3
Went winter mode...

IMG 3964
IMG 3965

IMG 3966

Anyone good enough with Photoshop to have a play with the REVOs colour if I find a better pic?

Reactions: jungle650, Phil-1, Fiddie and 3 others
Hello all,
I am new here.
I own an audi A3 1.4tfsi 92kw S-line cabriolet 2015 model with APR ECU. I just bought remus cat-back exhaust system and armytrix decatted downpipe. The remus cat-back exhaust is with 4 tail pipes.
First i'd like to ask if somebody has fitted a cat-back remus exhaust 4 tail pipes on his Sline A3(i bought S3 diffuser to put), cause remus notice on their website that doesn't fit on S-line model?
Second, i'd like to suggest me other mods do you for my car. Now,the car is about 170hp and i would like to make it about 220hp.
And one more guestion has anyone retrofit headlights from halogen to led? Do i need anything expect full headlight set?

Thank you!

Hello all,
I am new here.
I own an audi A3 1.4tfsi 92kw S-line cabriolet 2015 model with APR ECU. I just bought remus cat-back exhaust system and armytrix decatted downpipe. The remus cat-back exhaust is with 4 tail pipes.
First i'd like to ask if somebody has fitted a cat-back remus exhaust 4 tail pipes on his Sline A3(i bought S3 diffuser to put), cause remus notice on their website that doesn't fit on S-line model?
Second, i'd like to suggest me other mods do you for my car. Now,the car is about 170hp and i would like to make it about 220hp.
And one more guestion has anyone retrofit headlights from halogen to led? Do i need anything expect full headlight set?

Thank you!

Interested in seeing how this goes...
Not sure much about upgrades as I had a 2.0tfsi and things like uprated fuel pump, turbo, induction kit and exhaust were the go to's for power...

In terms of headlights it would require some coding and adaption of the harness I believe...

Your best bet would be to give the yodas on here a shout for advice & price..

@NHN @Ash187 @DJAlix

Reactions: pburv
Hello all,
I am new here.

Thank you!

Hi

Exhaust has a different routing on S3 as it is quattro and your car is not, therefore will not fit

regards
SJ

whilst driving I saw the first TTRS I've personally seen on the UK roads, my local dealers got 1 lol.

****** hell! Did you throw the camera at it...lol

I must've leaned on the glass too hard when I was tucking the wire in behind the A pillar trim. I had everything installed and working and went inside to have a cuppa before I went out for a test run with the camera, then I came out to the car to find cracks had appeared the Autoglass guy said it's a lot easier to crack a windscreen from the inside due to the curvature of the glass, so even a very small impact/stress on the glass can crack it.

I must've leaned on the glass too hard when I was tucking the wire in behind the A pillar trim. I had everything installed and working and went inside to have a cuppa before I went out for a test run with the camera, then I came out to the car to find cracks had appeared the Autoglass guy said it's a lot easier to crack a windscreen from the inside due to the curvature of the glass, so even a very small impact/stress on the glass can crack it.
Very much a
Upload 2017 1 3 17 26 51
moment...lol

..... Autoglass guy said it's a lot easier to crack a windscreen from the inside due to the curvature of the glass, so even a very small impact/stress on the glass can crack it.

Also the outer layer of the laminated glass is typically 0.5mm thicker than the inner layer for better resistance to stone chipping although you'd never believe that after looking at my screen.

Reactions: pburv and Gordo77
After much work managed to add the 100 BHP red air vents mod to my Audi S3 :p

Does look rather sexy, even though broke several clips before purchasing replacements lol

IMG 5014

Reactions: Phil-1, pburv, Fiddie and 1 other person
After much work managed to add the 100 BHP red air vents mod to my Audi S3 :p

Does look rather sexy, even though broke several clips before purchasing replacements lol

View attachment 113897[/QUOTE

How do you fit them?
I was thinking of get a set myself

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Replaced this after having an emissions fault code a few weeks ago :-

IMG 2273

It's called a couple of different things but is partly responsible for venting gasses from the charcoal canister into the engine.

Reactions: pburv and azibux1
Replaced this after having an emissions fault code a few weeks ago :-

View attachment 114105

It's called a couple of different things but is partly responsible for venting gasses from the charcoal canister into the engine.
Hi Rob..:friends:
Not performance related then?....lol
What was the fault/issue?
ps You got an oil leak issue with head gasket (bottom left of pic)..?

Today was nice and sunny in the morning so took the opportunity to put the spacers on.

Big thanks to DJAlix for helping me install the spacers (+ answering a lot of my questions on spacers) and some minor VCD mods. True Guru of VCD :D

What a huge difference once I put those spacers on I was really impressed with the stance and way the car looked. On the drive back i did not notice any major difference in the ride quality but handling seemed to have some what slightly improved.

15mm at front and 20mm rear - She look proper sexy now

Before Front
Front Before squashed

After Fronts

Front After squashed

Before Rear
Rear Before squashed

After Rear
Rear After squashed

Reactions: azibux1, DJAlix, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Today was nice and sunny in the morning so took the opportunity to put the spacers on.

Big thanks to DJAlix for helping me install the spacers (+ answering a lot of my questions on spacers) and some minor VCD mods. True Guru of VCD :D

What a huge difference once I put those spacers on I was really impressed with the stance and way the car looked. On the drive back i did not notice any major difference in the ride quality but handling seemed to have some what slightly improved.

15mm at front and 20mm rear - She look proper sexy now

Before Front
View attachment 114108

After Fronts

View attachment 114107

Before Rear
View attachment 114109

After Rear
View attachment 114110
Nice job..:yes:
Any chance of a pic further back to show both sides...:friends:
ps don't forget to edit out your reg number...lol