What have you done to your 8V today?

No way !!! Sorry to see this - if the tyre fitter is guilty as charged I would have gone ballistic ;o(

Well I was gearing up to go ballistic, but the fitter admitted liability straight away and the manager just said. "Ok, our fault get it repaired and I will cover the cost".

To be honest the manager was a really nice bloke, we had been talking cars and bikes for about 15 mins as he going to view a second hand A3 after work.

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Rob2k68
I would demand a new new wheel no frickin way would l accept a refurbishment

I thought about it, but I got to much other **** to deal with at the moment ...sometimes life's to short...and the refurb I got a couple of months ago was spot on so will use them again and know I will get a top notch refurb

Reactions: batch, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
Well I was gearimg up to go ballistic, but the fitter admitted liability straight away and the manager just said. "Ok, our fault get it repaired and I will cover the cost".

To be honest the manager was a really nice bloke, we had been talking dads and bikes for about 15 mins as he going to view a second hand A3 after work.

Fair doos that they came clean about it and are keen to sort it out. I'd just have the proviso that the wheel has to be indistinguishable to the other wheels otherwise it's as Jassy said and I'd be looking for a replacement.

Reactions: pburv, Daveotto and Simon L
They did!!!!!!

Un-******-believable!!

How do these places make any money if they employ idiots who can't take care of customers cars?

If it isn't a bang on repair they'll have to replace it mate.

Reactions: pburv, WarwickL, Daveotto and 1 other person
it's as Jassy said and I'd be looking for a replacement.

Was thinking about a whole new car...but done that already!!!!

have the proviso that the wheel has to be indistinguishable to the other wheels

They agreed to me using my own refurb bloke, so I am happy(ish)

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Was thinking about a whole new car...but done that already!!!!

They agreed to me using my own refurb bloke, so I am happy(ish)

Good for you mate yer a top bloke in accepting it in this way,has this wheel been refurbished before,ie the one you got done not that long ago?these wheels can only be refurbished so many times? So just saying like lol

Rant over

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Good for you mate yer a top bloke in accepting it in this way,has this wheel been refurbished before,ie the one you got done not that long ago?these wheels can only be refurbished so many times? So just saying like lol

Rant over

Has not been refurbed before otherwise I would have maybe pushed for a new wheel

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 2 others
A refurb should be fine. Plus it gives you a few favours to tuck away for the future.

I smell heavy discount on tyres ;)

Yeah that's a fair point Warwick, sometimes worth keeping these people onside, then again I'm not sure I'd want them anywhere near my car.

Bearing in mind the rim protection on these tyres you gotta be a serious clown to do that kind of damage!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, WarwickL and 1 other person
Yeah that's a fair point Warwick, sometimes worth keeping these people onside, then again I'm not sure I'd want them anywhere near my car.

Bearing in mind the rim protection on these tyres you gotta be a serious clown to do that kind of damage!

Certainly will not be taking mine back to the same tyre shop

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
They did!!!!!!
My biggest fear....:crying:
Had this happen to me a few years back..They masked their damage with tyre grease and I only noticed it three days later..I know I should've cleaned it sooner but.....:sadlike: Anyway they refused to take responsibility stating I should have got back to them the same day and that it was possible I did the damage........Well p**sed was an understatement ....
Hope you get it sorted soon mate..:friends:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Daveotto, Simon L and 1 other person
An A5 came up behind me on the way home from work, open road in front so had a bit of a play...

1) safe to say mpg took a bit of a hit..
2) what was I thinking.. - A3 here, not S3... He was stuck to my **** like glue... Surprise surprise!

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Daveotto, pburv and 3 others
An A5 came up behind me on the way home from work, open road in front so had a bit of a play...

1) safe to say mpg took a bit of a hit..
2) what was I thinking.. - A3 here, not S3... He was stuck to my **** like glue... Surprise surprise!

Bet ye odds on, it was a demon Derv Max....cough cough..they all are...me S3 is still for sale Maximo....lol

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Daveotto, pburv and 2 others
Had to buy another one of these things today,that ten in the past 8 frickin years lol
£87 quid to get rid of burd cack it's everywhere just now grrrrrrrr

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Cleaned my tips again..... Before and after pics below....

Attachments

• DSC_0159.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 168
  • DSC_0163.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 149
  • DSC_0162.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 170
Reactions: Simon L, Daveotto, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Ooh i might try and take mine off 2moz and give em a spruce. Are they easy enough to remove?

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Ooh i might try and take mine off 2moz and give em a spruce. Are they easy enough to remove?
Yep a piece of p*ss. Just use a soft hide mallet or a rubber mallet and tap them from the back and they come off.No need to twist them just pull them towards you...Makes it a lot easier to clean...:friends:
ps they are only held in by metal tabs

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Simon L, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person
Cheers Rob..How's your interior mod going?....:friends:
Nearly done
0824e853da40d7b6e43396aa1f62c474.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Daveotto, Simon L and 2 others
Nearly done

Lol.....Nice one Oli....:friends:
Robs clearly got too much money...lol

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Simon L, OliS3 and 1 other person
Nearly done

Haha awesome post made me LoL !!

Think it's going to be a bit underwhelming when I reveal it - last part should arrive tomorrow ;o)

Reactions: SW14NY'S, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
Haha awesome post made me LoL !!

Think it's going to be a bit underwhelming when I reveal it - last part should arrive tomorrow ;o)
Glad it did. I remembered that pic and I'm so glad I found it

Gave it it's first snow foam & 2bm wash, very happy with the result.

700 miles in mine this week, a big change from my normal 75. Liverpool and back today 300 mile round trip. Car didn't miss a beat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Quick wash with Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, followed by a coat of Super Resin Polish. One coat of Extra Gloss Protection tomorrow, and that should last for at least 6 months.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
The car had a wash and dry, then I noticed a s**t load of scratches on the bonnet! :(

Got the DA out and after a good few passes and a nice MF wipe :) =

IMG 3530

IMG 3531

IMG 3533

Reactions: albu, SW14NY'S, jungle650 and 6 others
I reckon you just pointed the camera to the sky and took that first pic...lol
Nice tidy job there S32B...:respekt:
Thanks ;) The car hasn't moved and it's got dust on it already!!! Never again will I get black lol :D

Reactions: SW14NY'S, AndyB-S3, pburv and 2 others
Thanks ;) The car hasn't moved and it's got dust on it already!!! Never again will I get black lol :D
Been there done that got the blisters...lol I feel your pain....but when it's right it does look the bee's knee's..:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MattSedg
@jassyo06 if only the bank account/ missus would allow it... ;)

Quick wash with Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, followed by a coat of Super Resin Polish. One coat of Extra Gloss Protection tomorrow, and that should last for at least 6 months.

Mer shampoo for me, but got some SRP and EGP on myself this morning, came up a beaut in the sun... I give it 3 days tops?!

Reactions: testcard and Rob2k68
Finally did my first snow foam etc wash, new favorite hobby i think :yahoo:
2 1

Reactions: albu, SW14NY'S and Rob2k68
Looks great, but 3 days? Planning on driving through a sandstorm? :fearscream:

It's black mate, it gets dirty if you even look at it the wrong way!

Reactions: S32B, SW14NY'S, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
OK, got it. Never owned a black car. I'm 50 shades of grey.

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 1 other person