What have you done to your 8V today?

Air intake mod, took 10 mins!
152a0a0c5c6fafc938495b9a13d206ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Leevr
Air intake mod, took 10 mins!
152a0a0c5c6fafc938495b9a13d206ea.jpg

Was going to be my job today, until the long haired general said some plastering needed doing. Oh joy! Nice job there mate, are you planning to smooth it out or leave as is?

Reactions: Tom.H and Jud
Smoothed it all out with the dremel and refit, removed the grille at the bottom of the air box & has a K&N panel filter

Reactions: Leevr
Smoothed it all out with the dremel and refit, removed the grille at the bottom of the air box & has a K&N panel filter

Did you remove the panel behind the grill or do you have a honeycomb grill?

Reactions: Jud
Fit the new grille last weekend mate
3143704fc426ac7736854b1995bffc20.jpg

Reactions: randy4, TYb and Leevr
Fit the new grille last weekend mate
3143704fc426ac7736854b1995bffc20.jpg

Very nice mate. Really does lift the front of the car. It should have come out of the factory like it.

Reactions: Jud
Totally agree mate, but they want you to buy an RS3 ideally.

Waiting on front splitter, rear diffuser and have the 20mm H&R springs but don't want to fit em yet, oh and the DTUK box is working beautifully

@jus71n, are you planning to change the inlet pipe and turbo elbow?
To be fair I wasn't planning on doing anything lol, so once the ordered but not yet delivered stuff is sorted may have a look.... how about you?

The dtuk box is a temp measure whist it's still under warranty once it's out it going for a proper remap

Looking at the turbo technics intake pipe with the turbo muffler delete. Was going to get the R600, but can't justify it as I've got a manual and pound to a pinch of salt the minute I fitted it all my clutch would slip. So a Sachs clutch savings scheme is on the cards. What do you reckon to a bit of crowd funding for a clutch? Then I'd be all over stage 1.

Reactions: TYb
You got a manual mate? I'm on s-tronic here

Yes, a bit of pre purchase research might have been prudent. Just chopped in the RS, lost a bundle as it had issues. Garage bought it back and I lost £2500, and had to find something. This one was to unique to let go. Clutches are made of chocolate.

I sprayed my rotor faces white today, bitch of a job but I’m pleased with them :thumbs up:
BD6EF22B 636A 4044 9B95 BB9E4AED4E78

Reactions: Dunedin, Jcbmally, S32B and 6 others
If you can upgrade clutch reasonably then not too bad? The colour is brilliant! I've found for buying used there's always a compromise on all the toys you want.... I'm not a massive mythos black fan but had everything else I wanted on the car

Rotars are so much nicer than the current s3 options.
But not the older 8p rotar's though.... Too old fashioned also for rotors to look the part they need be 19"s and above as l think the design shrinks the actual size

But not the older 8p rotar's though.... Too old fashioned also for rotors to look the part they need be 19"s and above as l think the design shrinks the actual size

I’m not sure how far the rotars go back, I like the ones on JM’s above and the current version on the RS3’s.

I had rotars on a BE A4 so always end up drawn to them. I like the wing arms, was thinking more the standards 18’s that I’ve got, they look a little out of date now.

Reactions: JM 772
Car in for 1st service/inspection. Was expecting having to replace my tyres soon but just informed all 4 are barely legal on the insides, expensive Monday for me.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Car in for 1st service/inspection. Was expecting having to replace my tyres soon but just informed all 4 are barely legal on the insides, expensive Monday for me.
Last May l replaced my 4 tyres and got its second inspection done plus car insurance.... It's a hard pill to swallow mate

I would replace 2 then the other 2 next month . Lol

Reactions: NevMan
Last May l replaced my 4 tyres and got its second inspection done plus car insurance.... It's a hard pill to swallow mate

I would replace 2 then the other 2 next month . Lol
Audi wanted £136 a corner for conti’s, have gone with Sportmax at £96 a corner via black circles, I know probably not the greatest but they’ll do for going up and down the motorway. Looking at the video they sent me I can’t really wait any longer, they are pretty slick in places.

They have a really nice RS3 and RS4 in red and a RS5 in your favourite colour..... nardo

Reactions: NevMan
Took off the slightly kerbed V spoke ready to drop off to Pristine Wheels and replaced it with an un-kerbed V spoke courtesy of @Phil.S3.Madcowuk at least she still looks the part and I'm not limited to 50mph :grinning:

LLWmFmW.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Took off the slightly kerbed V spoke ready to drop off to Pristine Wheels and replaced it with an un-kerbed V spoke courtesy of @Phil.S3.Madcowuk at least she still looks the part and I'm not limited to 50mph :grinning:

LLWmFmW.jpg

I'd love a set of them wheels. Can never seem find find any on the bay though with out mega damage

Reactions: NevMan and Tom.H
Just completed a 1400 mile tour of Scotland via Portsoy, Aviemore, Newtonmore, Aberfoyle, Ayr, Galloway and finished off in Gretna, Taking in the sights at Cairngorms and Trossachs, absolutely fantastic.
Cleaned car 3 x on route to "de-fly" it. Mixed driving ie cruising, going like stink, stop start and averaged 36mpg. No bad back and the Mrs and daughter loved it. I only had a couple of hundred miles on the car prior to setting off but now fully run in lol. Now to spend the next 24hrs cleaning it.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, MattSedg, BarryG79 and 3 others
Just completed a 1400 mile tour of Scotland via Portsoy, Aviemore, Newtonmore, Aberfoyle, Ayr, Galloway and finished off in Gretna, Taking in the sights at Cairngorms and Trossachs, absolutely fantastic.
Cleaned car 3 x on route to "de-fly" it. Mixed driving ie cruising, going like stink, stop start and averaged 36mpg. No bad back and the Mrs and daughter loved it. I only had a couple of hundred miles on the car prior to setting off but now fully run in lol. Now to spend the next 24hrs cleaning it.

So the roads in Scotland are a lot safer now lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and BarryG79
oooh you're from cumbria, might see you about sometime :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06

Hope you went to sweet shop / ice cream shop in Cullen lol

Reactions: Jcbmally
Hope you went to sweet shop / ice cream shop in Cullen lol
I didn't mate, not in to sweets that much though. Even me daughter isn't in to sweets now, she'd rather have grapes or apples. :thumbs up:

Reactions: Audi Bairn
So the roads in Scotland are a lot safer now lol
I'll have you know I was/am a considerate road user and did not hoon around the roads (much). :whistle2:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
I'll have you know I was/am a considerate road user and did not hoon around the roads (much). :whistle2:
That's coz the Mrs would have been in the car most of the time ......?????? But you can't beat a empty road ahead when in the S3 up to the speed limits that is........ Lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Tom.H, oli356 and 1 other person
That's coz the Mrs would have been in the car most of the time ......?????? But you can't beat a empty road ahead when in the S3 up to the speed limits that is........ Lol
Yes the Mrs was being an "informative" passenger. Although I opened it up now and then, I tried to keep under the radar of the rozzers :busted cop:

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Kendal mate, a bit away then
Often nip down your neck of the woods with the Mrs for a spot of lunch. Used to tear up the A6 when on the Brutale 1090RR but now I'll have to do it in the S3 :sob: :sly:

Reactions: MattSedg
Often nip down your neck of the woods with the Mrs for a spot of lunch. Used to tear up the A6 when on the Brutale 1090RR but now I'll have to do it in the S3 :sob: :sly:
which dealsership did you use? carlisle? ill give you a shout when lake district audi have another cars n coffee morning :friends:

Reactions: Jcbmally
which dealsership did you use? carlisle? ill give you a shout when lake district audi have another cars n coffee morning :friends:
Yes Carlisle, Ben at Lake District couldn't match them like for like. Was a shame cause he tried for weeks to sort it and I had bought my last 2 A4's from him. But money talks pal. I'm up for the next meet down there :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and MattSedg
Removed the temporary roll on road warrior paint protector for Monday's track day and washed the car.
ac433f9cae3438dddd98eeaa67e27bb3.jpg
b47db09869944d96abf0bb4f051dc57f.jpg
c67d8d1e43faabc14c8f94240d0849a4.jpg
84cd587f01a37f61b9513566f26ee84f.jpg
c4f2df0e5fd837f5e884d9690bdf8ace.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk