DTUK Stage 2 CRD-T+ for 136bhp 2.0TDI....

evilbane

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, after recently buying a 2011 A4 black edition I'm left feeling a lacking in the grunt department. The car is a standard 136bhp and it just seems very bland and gutless. I'd like to buy a stage 2 DTUK CRD-T+ box, but wondered if I can go straight to the stage 2 or if I need a stage 1.

Or if in fact the stage 1 would be a better option in the first place, as I see a big difference in torque between the stage 1 and stage 2, I don't want my clutch biting the dust.....

For anyone who read this but didn't know the answer, you can go straight to a stage 2 box. I had mine delivered today and find the car is much faster, the pick up is fantastic so far.
The only real issue I have is there is no mention/graphs etc. of how each pre-programmed map runs, when I asked DTUK I was given the same info as what is in the manual "each map is different and you need to try each one to find your favourite".
That to me wasn't really good enough as I don't have the time to play with 3 different maps and 3 separate subsections to each map, 9 different variations. I wanted something like map one is lower down gear range grunt, or map 3 is very aggressive throughout the range etc., or even better to see a graph with power delivery across each map.

Don't get me wrong, I have switched it to map 2 setting 1 and am very impressed with the change in power but would have liked clearer direction on what each map actually does.

I have a 2012 136 have you a link to the exact box you bought?
Thanks

I have been running a DTUK Box on my 177 for a while now and having 3 maps allows you to have options for a calm map and an aggressive map .... but if you want more add a pedal box to the mix and see what happens :) :)

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Guys i have a B8 136 and i have the CRD-t and my clutch is just constantly slipping. Any of you had any clutch issues?

Guys i have a B8 136 and i have the CRD-t and my clutch is just constantly slipping. Any of you had any clutch issues?
Hi I am at 37,000 miles and still no issues with mine, does it slip without the box on and how many miles has the car done ?

Hi I am at 37,000 miles and still no issues with mine, does it slip without the box on and how many miles has the car done ?
Interesting. What map are you running?

My car is 55k miles and no it doesn't slip without the box

Interesting. What map are you running?

My car is 55k miles and no it doesn't slip without the box

I will check what map I am running, does it slip with all of your maps ? you may need a map with a smoother curve ?

I will check what map I am running, does it slip with all of your maps ? you may need a map with a smoother curve ?
Cheers mate. Yeah seems most maps make it slip, in different places though. Maybe just a weak clutch? Which is annoying as the car really isn't in bad condition and drives like new otherwise. Do you know the torque ratings for the stock clutch?