2.5tdi logs

karl210

Reaction score
Hi, just thought i would do a log of my car and post it up to see what you guys think of how its running.
Its been making a fluttering/chirping noise under boost at around 3k rpm, i then shortened the actuator rod by 2 turns and this seemed to make it worse. so i put it back to how it was and lengthened it by 1.5 turns. Now there is a lot of lag, but it pulls well at higher rpm, and the fluttering/ chirping has gone away a bit, but not fully. If you need me to take any more logs just let me know which blocks i need to log and i will go and do them.
thanks

You really should not touch the actuator at all, i do hope you can put it back to where you had it. To set properly you need a test/flow bench or loads of logs at full throttle to see if th mechanical settings match what the ECU requests... It's quite a fiddly job and in no circumstance should you touch the stop screw !

I've been reading a few threads regarding adjusting the rod length and a lot of people recommended it so thought id try it, it seems to have had a really good effect on the fluttering/chirping issue and it pulls as it should at top end now, engine feels and sounds healthier too when on wot, but its just given it some lag.
Yeah the original position was already marked before i adjusted it. I will adjust it back but what else do you suggest? can do more logs if needed.
I didnt touch the stop screw. The only reason I did it is because its had a new or recon turbo in the past so had a feeling it had been set up incorrectly.
Thanks

Take logs of the block 01, 03 and 11 at full load from 2000 to 4000 rpm's in 5th gear without changing gear. Do a few pulls like that and upload the CSV file here so i can have a look. If you need to adjust the rod in very small increments, half a turn at a time and pay attention to the N75 duty cycle so it does not get below 30% at 4000rpm's. Between 30-40 % is best however different turbos respond in different ways...

Reactions: pauldazzle