A4 2.0 TFSI Decat - what size & availability?

Loco

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've recently picked up a 2005 A4 2.0 TFSI quattro avant, and whilst I enjoy it, I'd like a few more horsepower from it. Obvious solution seems to be a re-map, but I think a de-cat means you can get to a stage 2 and hopefully get over 250HP from the current 200. Thankfully, I live in an area that doesn't have MOTs, so it makes life a bit easier.

I've got a totally stock exhaust at present - what size de-cat should I get, and where are they best bought from in the UK? Maybe down the line, when I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, I'll get a cat-back system, too (I'm assuming this is an exhaust system that starts at the exit of the cat and goes all the way out. Milltek looks good)

How much of a pain is fitting - access looks tight? Doable on axle-stands or will it need a ramp?
Any other tips on unleashing a few more ponies from it other than exhaust and K&N?

Thanks in advance!

Don't pin all your hopes on just a decat for stage 2.
My Revo dealer wants me to have a full exhaust and cold air induction before mapping Stage 2.

See my posts in the Revo Winter Sale topic under Revos own section.

I don't have a Quattro but the decat was pretty easy to fit on my FWD Avant.
U can do it with a couple axle stands no probs. I put in an lambda defouler and a 90 degree elbow to allow the 2nd sensor to go back in without throwing a CEL light.