The dreaded cam chain tensioner

that sounds horrible.
mine never made that sound before it snapped/collapsed.

Sounds like a injector seal or bad injector or even a bad spark plug. So many things it could be.

Could the injector seal or spark plug make that much difference even though it seems to drive fine?

You would think the injector would affect the whole Rev range rather than just tick over...

Well mine does the same as yours. And mines the injector/injector seal it doesn't really affect my driving just when I come to an idle the car rocks a bit like I have a race cam in it lol

And throws a bit of black smoke not a lot just when u do half or full throttle.

Check the breather pipe that come from the crank case to the pcv, a minor split in that would cause a rough idle. Even new ones don't take long to become britle

Already changed the long breather and the valve with 3 pipes on it. Small top breather checked too and is ok.

Plug it into VCDS and check for misfires. If it is actually a misfire it will log each one continuously. In which case I would be looking towards injector seals

Injector seals usually cause more of a misfire on idle as apose to under load. But you will find it will get worse before it improves. Probably worth replacing said injector at the same time. But the cheapest thing to try is a set of plugs.

Going to check plugs and injectors tomorrow.

I have only just done the plugs so I guess one could be faulty