2004 A4 Cab Soft Top - 02000 fault.

variosso

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2004 A4 Cab and have a following problem with a soft top. It opens, back part of the roof lifts up, the back cover lifts up up to certain point and starts falling down, leaning on the hood. I tried all the methods of resetting the hood I could possibly find on the internet. Resetting it manually - no luck. Resetting faults in VAG COM, adapting - no luck. Lowering the roof manually with ignition off then switching ignition on and holding on a roof down button for 20s... - no luck. Is there anything else I could try? The only fault I get in VAG COM is: 02000 Switch Position, 0800 Implausible Signal. Many thanks guys.

I'm not sure if this would relevant but before the problem started I was fully able to operate the roof automatically. It would go all the way down and back up as normal only once. If I tried again, the back cover wouldn't lift up at all. I would have to switch off the ignition, take the key out and leave the car for 10-15 mins and then it would allow me to open it only once again.

Paul,

do you know which microswitch would it be or where I can check for it?