BW 9, 10, 11 & 12

Even without them touching it was still pretty good. Even had the wax marks on the windscreen still from the shipping, which I graciously let them wipe off ;)

They weren't predicting rain today so out I went and started bang on 10am. Snowfoamed and two bucket wash, but didn't get to do anything else as it started spitting for the rest of the day. Not conducive to waxing :(

So just had to spend the day driving it instead - what a shame!!

I promised pics, but the weather was so dire that they would have been rubbish. Let it brighten up so I can give it a proper going over and then I'll let the wife loose with her DSLR.

Reactions: David83S3
BW11 here. I've been told that it should be ready at the dealer the beginning of April (just as I'm off for two weeks)... At least something to get over the holiday blues!

I am BW11 also. Been told last week of March first week of April. Hoping March as my tax is due on the 31st lol

Been in to Audi today and my car is cleared at the docks and waiting for a ship.Been told to contact them tomorrow as the systems updates officially every Tuesday so in theory it could already be on one!! :sign wow:

Or it could be sitting waiting for a while like some others lol:(

Oh well. East Kent Audi confirmed that they do not do handovers on Saturdays. The choice i had was eithed come and collect it or we will drop it off.

Looks like day off work and collect on Thursday!!

I am BW11 also. Been told last week of March first week of April. Hoping March as my tax is due on the 31st lol

I'm BW 9 and told to expect end of March beginning of April? It's on a boat as of last week..must be a peddle or row boat...good job I'm in no hurry...

I'm BW 9 and told to expect end of March beginning of April? It's on a boat as of last week..must be a peddle or row boat...good job I'm in no hurry...

Mine was at the docks on 2nd March in Germany, just checking through the last email the dealer sent me. Maybe it's been stolen.....it does have advanced key after all, so is guaranteed to be stolen soon.

Reactions: Rob2k68
You never know it could of been damaged in transit, there's a repair facility at the Emden, fingers crossed it hasn't though. Its going to a be a busy time for them with lots of people ordering for the new plate. Mine sat at Emden for 2 weeks

Mine was at the docks on 2nd March in Germany, just checking through the last email the dealer sent me. Maybe it's been stolen.....it does have advanced key after all, so is guaranteed to be stolen soon.

Dealer said today a few things can vary the shipping time. Weather is one factor and also if yours was the first there and they need to wait to fill the shipment with specific cars for that area etc. I'm in the same boat as you. No pun intended. Mine could be sitting there for two weeks. I'm hoping to get an ETA tomorrow afternoon when the Audi systems update

On the bright side ones its cleared UK customs the contract states the transport company must have the car with the dealer within 5 working days so that should speed things up slightly.

On the bright side ones its cleared UK customs the contract states the transport company must have the car with the dealer within 5 working days so that should speed things up slightly.
Just hoping to beat the car tax man on March 31st lol hate giving them a months worth of money for a few days or road tax :sign unfair:

Good point, might send them a note actually, would be better to pick up early April for a full months tax...then I am away for a week actually, so maybe evn push it back to mid April as don't want it parked at the airport, or on the drive for a week.

Mines been sat at the UK port for nearly two weeks. However today it finally arrived at the dealers. Will be picking up first thing Saturday morning. :)

This weeks gonna drag !!!

Reactions: Bigsanj, Fox5150 and Rob2k68
Off to the dealers late morning to pick up my S3 saloon. I asked the dealer if there's anything outstanding that I need to bring up with me?
He said, 'just bring a smile' lol!
I'm sure I will be smiling by tonight!:arco:

Reactions: David83S3, Ric 2001, Jonno225 and 1 other person
Off to the dealers late morning to pick up my S3 saloon. I asked the dealer if there's anything outstanding that I need to bring up with me?
He said, 'just bring a smile' lol!
I'm sure I will be smiling by tonight!:arco:
Pics!!!!

Organised collection for 10am tomorrow. Early morning start. Last day to play around with the X5 before its gone....... Time to wash and polish!!

Reactions: Ric 2001, Cleggy70 and Jonno225
Been told mine hit the UK today!! Audi Coulsdon think they will have it either Friday or Monday, Tuesday next week. Hoping that true. Excitement is killing me!!

Been told mine hit the UK today!! Audi Coulsdon think they will have it either Friday or Monday, Tuesday next week. Hoping that true. Excitement is killing me!!
WhAt was your BW?

Seconded - could everyone make sure they tell us which BW they are - much easier to work out who's getting what when!

No worries. Interesting - same BW but been told not until the beginning of April...

No worries. Interesting - same BW but been told not until the beginning of April...

That is what mine was originally quoted also. There has been a big push the last few weeks from Audi. Also it all depends on when the car arrives at the port I have been told. From what my dealer said it looks like my car arrived at the German dock and was put straight on a shipment instead of being parked away and waiting for a shipment.

All a game of luck it seems......................................:meeting:

Last edited:
That is what mine was originally quoted also. There has been a big push the last few weeks from Audi. Also it all depends on when the car arrives at the port I have been told. From what my dealer said it looks like my car arrived at the German dock and was put straight on a shipment instead of being parked away and waiting for a shipment.

All a game of luck it seems......................................:meeting:

I'm also BW 11 but my car is still showing "awaiting shipment" so hasn't even made it onto a boat yet. I'm hoping it turns up before Easter!

I am BW 9 and no sign of it and very few updates as yet, last I heard it was still on a boat...give up chasing now. In fact, given its late in the month and the road tax etc, plus the fact I am away for the beginning of April abroad, I will probably tell them to keep it until mid April now.

Do you think that's a good move?

Actually been quite tempted to cancel it a few times. There were 2 lease deals today that my boss showed me. First one was a Merc e63 for not that much more than I am paying for the s3 per month and the second was a VW Touraeg R line v6 tdi for a fair bit less than the S3. Both were 10k miles, 5 months deposit and 2 years leasing.

I am BW 9 and no sign of it and very few updates as yet, last I heard it was still on a boat...give up chasing now. In fact, given its late in the month and the road tax etc, plus the fact I am away for the beginning of April abroad, I will probably tell them to keep it until mid April now.

Do you think that's a good move?

Actually been quite tempted to cancel it a few times. There were 2 lease deals today that my boss showed me. First one was a Merc e63 for not that much more than I am paying for the s3 per month and the second was a VW Touraeg R line v6 tdi for a fair bit less than the S3. Both were 10k miles, 5 months deposit and 2 years leasing.

I would wait and take delivery in April....
As for the Merc - a nice car for sure. But think I would rather stick with the S3 TBH

Mine was BW 9 too. It spent a long time at the UK port but eventually arrived at the dealer on Monday. I pick up Saturday morning.

Not bad, about 8 weeks from order to delivery :)

Oh yeh, there is zero chance I would ever get that merc, but just the price shocked me and got me thinking..

Mine should be close then...if it arrives before say 23rd I would have it. Otherwise it's 13th April.

Good luck for Sat and look forward to the pics...

That is an amazing price, you get a lot more car in the E63.

I am seriously seriously tempted by the new C63 AMG ...................

Reactions: nickatkinson
Yep have been a passenger in the old c63 and wow....the sound is just incredible and kind of makes up for the 5 mpg...not seen or heard much about the new ones but it's going to be a serious car...think it's turbo charged now?

Yep the e63 is a serious machine for that price...

That's £479 + Vat so that's another £100 on top of and it doesn't say what the balloon payment is. I should think that will be high.
Stay with a S3....... I had a Merc from new and at the end of the first 12 months of ownership it had spent a total of 6 months at the dealership. I'm ******** if I would ever have a Merc again!!!

not seen or heard much about the new ones but it's going to be a serious car...think it's turbo charged now?

New C63 is twin turbo V8 :)

Seriously, watch the C63 Chris Harris YouTube video. It's a fantastic car. :)

Last edited:
I love the sound of the C63 (a couple of got them at work) but couldn't live with the depreciation (I like to buy cars outright), running costs or the fuel economy.

Anyway, I received an email last night from my dealer saying my car is at the UK port :lick: - Can't wait!!!! The only problem is that I have an automatically assigned number plate that starts with BJ15 :(:wtf:

My current plate is on retention and I had planned to keep the 15 plate on until September but for some reason I think the change will happen sooner! Does anyone else have this prefix?

Last edited:
That's £479 + Vat so that's another £100 on top of and it doesn't say what the balloon payment is. I should think that will be high.
Stay with a S3....... I had a Merc from new and at the end of the first 12 months of ownership it had spent a total of 6 months at the dealership. I'm ******** if I would ever have a Merc again!!!

Looks like a contract hire, so no balloon payment. You just hand the car back after 2 years.

Expensive, but agreed that its a lot of car for the money. Its generously spec'd as standard, and you don't get stuck with the stuck on-tablet from the A-Class! :)

latest update from Coventry
awaiting shipment , bw11

Mine is in Grimsby...bw9
Told them to keep it until mid April unless it's here in a few days, otherwise I just am not going to get any use out of it before my holiday and will be practically picking up a brand new car and leaving it for a week at the airport :thumbs up:

I reckon it's been there a week or more and apparently they're struggling for space on transporters?

Mine is in Grimsby...bw9
Told them to keep it until mid April unless it's here in a few days, otherwise I just am not going to get any use out of it before my holiday and will be practically picking up a brand new car and leaving it for a week at the airport :thumbs up:

I reckon it's been there a week or more and apparently they're struggling for space on transporters?

Hopefully mine is in a different port lol my dealer called me again today to tell me they will give him a delivery date tomorrow. I'm hoping early next week so I can pick it up Friday for the weekend!! But knowing how excited I am that won't happen lol