BW 9, 10, 11 & 12

Latest e-mail from the dealer yesterday.

Your car is here and booked in the workshops for its Pre Delivery Inspection, I've requested prompt attention but as previously advised we had a massive volume of sold cars arrive at the same time so workshop logistics will take a little time, I'm hopeful that your car will clear the workshops by Wednesday but I will know better by close of trade tomorrow night, with that being the case? Would you like to collect this Thursday/Friday? Just the Insurance & balance to sort.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Apparently they had 28 cars to get through, times are hard!

Anyway, just got to confirm a day next week (can't do this week) and sort out my 7 day cover, remainder of deposit was paid online last night.:)

Latest e-mail from the dealer yesterday.

Your car is here and booked in the workshops for its Pre Delivery Inspection, I've requested prompt attention but as previously advised we had a massive volume of sold cars arrive at the same time so workshop logistics will take a little time, I'm hopeful that your car will clear the workshops by Wednesday but I will know better by close of trade tomorrow night, with that being the case? Would you like to collect this Thursday/Friday? Just the Insurance & balance to sort.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Apparently they had 28 cars to get through, times are hard!

Anyway, just got to confirm a day next week (can't do this week) and sort out my 7 day cover, remainder of deposit was paid online last night.:)

Nice one, not long to wait now!! :kissmyrings:

Reactions: Cleggy70
I've just been into the dealership to sign all the paperwork. Car's being delivered to them tomorrow and I pick it up 10am Saturday morning. Can't wait :D :D :D

Reactions: David83S3, Cleggy70, Bigsanj and 1 other person
I've just been into the dealership to sign all the paperwork. Car's being delivered to them tomorrow and I pick it up 10am Saturday morning. Can't wait :D :D :D
Lucky thing, I hope it's a sunny day for you. Drive it Saturday and detail it on Sunday.........

Reactions: Fox5150
Lucky thing, I hope it's a sunny day for you. Drive it Saturday and detail it on Sunday.........

Funny you should say that, that's exactly what I had planned ;)

Reactions: David83S3
Funny you should say that, that's exactly what I had planned ;)
I said that because that's what I've planed to do when I finally pick mine up. :rock: just hope the sun shines for us both.

I've just ordered all my detailing kit. Already had shed loads, but still managed to spend a fortune on decent wax and a load of new applicators and microfibres (you can never have too many)

Not chased my dealer for a while now, found the log book though which is good. Weather meant to be better this weekend fingers crossed for all collecting then.

Reactions: P D C and Brasso
I've just ordered all my detailing kit. Already had shed loads, but still managed to spend a fortune on decent wax and a load of new applicators and microfibres (you can never have too many)

Not chased my dealer for a while now, found the log book though which is good. Weather meant to be better this weekend fingers crossed for all collecting then.
that's good news with the log book..... I'm just making my list of stuff to get from PB. I'm really pleased with my R222 wax and would recommend it to anyone, but have decided on getting the Blackfire Wet Ice Over Fire Kit as my car will be Mythos Black.

Reactions: nickatkinson
Half of its laziness with me, I probably have enough micros and pads but couldn't be bothered checking tonight so just ordered some more...

Good choice on the Blackfire, it really is good on the darker colours and pearls. I have gone for the same kit, but already had the wet diamond, so bought the Polish and wax separately along with the quick detailer.

Just need a car now!!!!

Reactions: P D C
Half of its laziness with me, I probably have enough micros and pads but couldn't be bothered checking tonight so just ordered some more...

Good choice on the Blackfire, it really is good on the darker colours and pearls. I have gone for the same kit, but already had the wet diamond, so bought the Polish and wax separately along with the quick detailer.

Just need a car now!!!!
"Yep" it would be handy to have the cars too........ Lol

Reactions: Brasso
I bought a load of stuff before Christmas and have been practising on the wife's car in anticipation of "the real thing". Sunday is going to be a good fun day.

I bought a load of stuff before Christmas and have been practising on the wife's car in anticipation of "the real thing". Sunday is going to be a good fun day.
That's the way to go...... Knacker your wife's paint work first if you get it wrong!!!! Nothing like practising on someone else"s car. Lol.

Just been told the wife car is in stock and ready for collection......... The only bummer is i have been told i can collect on a Saturday as Audi won't allow handovers on w/ends!!! Is this the norm?

Just been told the wife car is in stock and ready for collection......... The only bummer is i have been told i can collect on a Saturday as Audi won't allow handovers on w/ends!!! Is this the norm?

I'm picking mine up on Saturday, so I doubt very much it's an Audi-wide thing. Maybe dealer specific but it seems strange as most people will be working during the week.

Picking mine up 17th March!:)

Reactions: Fox5150, David83S3, Bigsanj and 1 other person
BW 11 here- if Bigsanj is anything to go by I'm hoping the car will be ready for collection by the end of nxt week!!

Blimey! Knowing my luck that will be it for the next 3 weeks and I'll have to wait until after Easter! Unless they built it Monday, shipped it Tuesday & it arrived today....

It's pretty slow, but I don't mind really was always told it would be last week in March so should be about right still.

Dealer confirmed he had the yellow cable, will only jetwash the car not wash it and put 1/2 tank of super unleaded in. Apparently it's company policy on S cars to put super in and min half a tank. He said he would see what he could do on the freebies, basically asked for an umbrella, s key ring and whatever else they have lying around.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Dealer has emailed me say the car landed in Grimsby on the 10th. It's got a delivery route. So hopfully can pick it up next week at some point.

Reactions: Bigsanj
Just told my dealer that there is a competition on the forum to see who gets the most freebies upon collection. Told him not to be tight otherwise i will name and shame......

Manager rang me back 10 minutes later asking for my wish list and see what he could do.........

You don't ask, you don't get!!

Reactions: Ric 2001, P D C, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
:jump:
I'm picking mine up on Saturday, so I doubt very much it's an Audi-wide thing. Maybe dealer specific but it seems strange as most people will be working during the week.

Not long now Fox5150!
How are you gonna sleep tonight?:jump:

Bigsanj is definitely getting a better service than me.... I'll have to order myself a fleet.

:jump:

Not long now Fox5150!
How are you gonna sleep tonight?:jump:

Tell me about it - it's going to be a long night!!

Got my paperwork all together, SIM card and SD card full of music. Just need the keys and the car and I'm golden :D

Irritatingly, they're forecasting rain for Southend on Sunday. I'm hoping they've got it wrong as I have a shelf full of Auto Finesse potions waiting to be let loose!

Reactions: Bigsanj and Cleggy70
^^^ haha good work think you need to beat @David83S3

Ha!! I honestly don't know why everyone thinks I got loads of free gifts ???!!? I don't think I got that much .....?

Ashtray
Keyring
Winter cleaning kit
Audi Cap
AMI Cables (But these are standard I believe)

Reactions: Rob2k68
Also I think Im going to really try it on and ask for a two biscuits with my tea ! ;)

Reactions: David83S3, Cleggy70 and Bigsanj
At long last the ship with my car on it has just docked at Grimsby.......
This is the web site I have been using to track the ship if anyone is interested. The green ships are the cargo ships. if you click on a ship it will give you the details of that ship, port of origin and destination etc. A bit Geeky I know, but what the hell.
http://www.marinetraffic.com

I'll post some more pics when I've finished detailing it tomorrow, but here it is and what a car!

11afac6a741e00e9288b7ed93d8951a1.jpg

I asked the dealer to not do anything bar jet washing and they were good to their word. Few sticky marks here and there, but I'll soon get those off tomorrow.

Reactions: Ric 2001
Looking good, bet your pleased now..look forward to the pics tomorrow.

How did you know your car was on that ship, dealer know?
Yes, just ask your dealer and he should be able to give you all that information. Once your car is at the docks, using that web site you can track the ships going back and forth from Grimsby to Emden. To find the ship click on the ones in dock or at sea and they give you the information on the time it docked, where it came from and where its going to next. The strange thing is that they are not the same ships doing the same runs day in day out. One day they will sail from Emden to Grimsby and the next time they will go back to Emden and then sail off to some where else in the world.
I guess it can all get a bit anal and I guess I was luck that My dealer has stayed in contact with me on every step of the way, by phone too and not just by email. I think he is as excited as I am. Lol

I'll post some more pics when I've finished detailing it tomorrow, but here it is and what a car!

11afac6a741e00e9288b7ed93d8951a1.jpg

I asked the dealer to not do anything bar jet washing and they were good to their word. Few sticky marks here and there, but I'll soon get those off tomorrow.
Nice one!!! your long wait is now over and you can now enjoy. I hope it is everything you hoped. Look forward to the pic's.

Car looks amazing - good work !!!
Mine escaped from the dealers with just a few light swirls on the bonnet. it's booked in for a new car detail at the end of the month to lay down some paint protection so he'll sort them out then.

Yes, just ask your dealer and he should be able to give you all that information. Once your car is at the docks, using that web site you can track the ships going back and forth from Grimsby to Emden. To find the ship click on the ones in dock or at sea and they give you the information on the time it docked, where it came from and where its going to next. The strange thing is that they are not the same ships doing the same runs day in day out. One day they will sail from Emden to Grimsby and the next time they will go back to Emden and then sail off to some where else in the world.
I guess it can all get a bit anal and I guess I was luck that My dealer has stayed in contact with me on every step of the way, by phone too and not just by email. I think he is as excited as I am. Lol

It'll probably be one of be following boats

Car Carriers:
1. City of Paris
2. City of Rome
3. Autorunner
4. Autoprestige
5. Schelde Highway
6. Neckar Highway
7. Weser Highway
8. Elbe Highway
9. Ems Highway
10. Danube Highway
11. Isar Highway
12. African Highway

They seem to do all of the VAG car deliveries from Emden.

Reactions: P D C
It'll probably be one of be following boats

Car Carriers:
1. City of Paris
2. City of Rome
3. Autorunner
4. Autoprestige
5. Schelde Highway
6. Neckar Highway
7. Weser Highway
8. Elbe Highway
9. Ems Highway
10. Danube Highway
11. Isar Highway
12. African Highway

They seem to do all of the VAG car deliveries from Emden.
Yes the VAG have heavily invested in the Passat plant and the port at Hemden and it has become Germany's second largest car port and the third largest in Europe.
My car arrived in port on Friday evening on the Ems Highway. :rockwoot: