50mm springs or coilovers

Nobby87

Reaction score
Had my black edition s line for a week now wanting to give it the perfect stance.......sits far to high

Seen people with the 50mm h&r and that looks spot on but I can get coils for 200 but there budget ones do I really want to put 170 pound coils on a 2012 car?

some of the budget ones have good write ups, I bought some FK dampers and springs a while back for my caddy and they were in the FK sale and were cheap like really £98 delivered from Germany cheap, and I was surprised how good they were. look for reviews I would say.

Well that didn't take much convincing .... Thanks smurfworth coils it is :icon thumright: going to pay out and get a fairly decent set defo not worth messing up the ride ..
how much did you pay to get yours fitted bud?

Reactions: smurfworth
Well that didn't take much convincing .... Thanks smurfworth coils it is :icon thumright: going to pay out and get a fairly decent set defo not worth messing up the ride ..
how much did you pay to get yours fitted bud?

Good choice, AP's are a favourite here if ride/budget is high on your list.

DIY fitted mine, but profesional fitting can be around £100 as far as I've seen in the past.

:thumbs up: Thanks buddy will keep you posted how it goes
look out for some pics next week once I get the coils ordered and fitted

Wish I never seen your thread now makes me get the bug again
:audibash:

Reactions: smurfworth
:thumbs up: Thanks buddy will keep you posted how it goes
look out for some pics next week once I get the coils ordered and fitted

Wish I never seen your thread now makes me get the bug again
:audibash:

Look forward to it! Haha sorry bud, s3 will be next on your list :idea:

Reactions: Nobby87
V maxx coilovers are on there way :moa:

We can provide you with Eibach Pro_street S Coilovers or Bilsteins depending on choice..

If you would like some prices then please feel to contact me

Regards

Pat

Cheers buddy will keep you posted how I get on

noa6gg.jpg

Look what's arrived in the post cheers Damian from DPM

• Now to get them fitted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 135
keep us post i am after changing my spring how much was for them

Got them off Damian on this forum they cost 370 ordered them Friday afternoon and they got here Sunday being fitted this Thursday ...

And there on sorry about how dirty car is will take better pic soon once the hight settles what you think?

Reactions: RS3dan and smurfworth
Hi,
im liking the ride height on yours..
Can you tell me what coilovers you went for?
Im looking for a set for my A3 2.0TDI 2004 just dont want to compromise on ride comfort... Any suggestions?

Thanks bud

They are vmaxx coilovers the links just above the pic,
Most people go for AP or vmaxx just depends on your budget the ride comfort is a lot stiffer but 100% better than the original sline suspension

Handles like a go kart now!

Thanks bud

They are vmaxx coilovers the links just above the pic,
Most people go for AP or vmaxx just depends on your budget the ride comfort is a lot stiffer but 100% better than the original sline suspension

Handles like a go kart now!

how are you for clearing speed bumps?
My only objective here is to lower the ride but i really DONT want to compromise on the ride quality....
I would probably spend around £500

Would these be appropriate?
http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car...di-18t-fsi-19tdi-20fsi-20t-fsi-20tdi-fwd-0503

Easy mate just got to take it slow ....... The ride is always going to be harder because you're that close to the floor but, I'm happy with it and it's improved the cars handling a s*** load

I say it's a just got any pics of your car?

how it was after a wash (extremely dirty covered in salt currently)

Just want it lower.. dont like how it sits. And i find the suspension a bit too bouncy for my liking on our highland roads when pushing it.

Yea get it on coilovers Mate you won't regret it

Cars a lot cleaner than mine bud what else you thinking of doing

My plan currently is:
coilovers
exhaust
Remap
Maybe intake
Maybe ARB's
Bigger Brakes in front

& finish off my audio build

and possibly a matte black or army green wrap

Yea pretty much smurf having bit of issue with my lights tho can't see very far in front .............

Yea pretty much smurf having bit of issue with my lights tho can't see very far in front .............

There was a recent thread about xenons having to be reset after lowering, might be of interest to you.

Also have a check that the level sensors are fitted correctly again, if the arm is the wrong way round it can upset the level of the lights.

Yea buddy just had a look rang the garage and they was like oh s*** just come in tmz and will sort it

What you think should be next smurf?

Need to get better pics up when she's clean

What you think should be next smurf?

Need to get better pics up when she's clean
Looks good to me, the front should drop a little more over time so will look better.

Depends what your after next, if it's a tdi then I'd reccomend a remap, all I did with my tdi was change wheels, lower it, remap it and that was about it.

So you don't think it's too low.... yea remap is on the cards what would you say to spacers ....? Should I go for them the see how flush it is 10mm front 12 back

Alloys look lost in the arch ATM

So you don't think it's too low.... yea remap is on the cards what would you say to spacers ....? Should I go for them the see how flush it is 10mm front 12 back

Alloys look lost in the arch ATM

If you get whatever spacers you need to get your offset to et45 they won't look lost in the arches then.

Too low, is there such thing? Considering my s3 sits like this..

None, the wheels have an offset of et45 so sit further out than standard ones do. You'll need stretched tyres to run the same offset and lows to avoid any rubbing tho.

Yours are standard tho yea time to find some ofset alloys me thinks what wh plus my wheels sell for? (Probs keep em)

You think 10-12mm spacers will get me close

Smurf you running 18 or 19 in that pic looks 19 to me

Sweet need to find some just had the headlights sorted but there a warning light now there going to try get rid monday *** cars ay......