An S3 got me in trouble

S32B

Reaction score
lol got it from the car behind and the wife sitting next to me!!! :haudrauf:

I ordered my S3 at the start of October and haven't seen one on the road since! So today I was sitting in the right hand lane at the lights waiting to turn right, suddenly I heard this noise and thought that sounds nice, looking to my left it was an S3 grumbling and growling right next to me The guy driving kept giving it a little blip on the noise pedal :music: From this I knew he was going to boot it as soon as he went green! It was at this point the guy behind started to beep me as our light had gone green! Yep I just sat there on a green light as I wanted to hear the guy pull away lol, the Mrs was telling me to go and like a naughty little kid i said "no" :lick: the guy behind was making some rather rude hand gestures at me as well!!!

We went back to red and then he went to green...the sound was awesome :jump: I said to the wife listen to that it's great, not amused or the slightest bit interested she just looked at me as if I was mental :)

I can't wait until march.

Reactions: OliJ, s31jay, Cymru09 and 7 others
Yeh, that does sound a bit mental. You'd have ****** me off not going on green, just to hear a noise? I think that's pretty inconsiderate to be honest.

Reactions: Audimad
Lol, That just so funny. It was worth the earache from the wife. Its an amazing car and the 4 pipes is just so amazing to look at. March not that far away now, lol. :) x

Reactions: elpaulio
I think that's pretty inconsiderate to be honest.
I agree and tbh I don't drive like that, it's just on this occasion the excitement of seeing/hearing one got the better of me :) I'm sure all will live through it though, those lights only stay on green/red for a very short time ;)

March not that far away now, lol. :) x
Yep it's getting closer, keep thinking from when I ordered to now again and it will be just over a month away :)

Reactions: Sandra
I agree and tbh I don't drive like that, it's just on this occasion the excitement of seeing/hearing one got the better of me :) I'm sure all will live through it though, those lights only stay on green/red for a very short time ;)

Yep it's getting closer, keep thinking from when I ordered to now again and it will be just over a month away :)
Once Christmas has passed the time will fly in. This year has went so fast, I must be getting old now as time really just goes so fast. :) x

Reactions: Phil-1
Yeh, that does sound a bit mental. You'd have ****** me off not going on green, just to hear a noise? I think that's pretty inconsiderate to be honest.
Very very funny tho' :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Everyone seems in a rush to go know where nowadays ... :undwech::superman: :D

Next we will be talking about hill hold assist and not being considerate at traffic lights!

The S3 does sound pretty sweet from the outside.....I'm sure if you had one on order you would have waited just a little too ? ;)

Hrm. Maybe no one was trying to race me at the lights and they just wanted to listen to the car.

Itd certainly explain them appearing to sit at the lights :D

Reactions: Cymru09, Pulp84, Blackwhite and 1 other person
Noise wise - the S3 is very anti-social in residential areas if you do give it some beans.

Guess one of those things in life you got to own or aspire for to appreciate.

Wonder if the S3 saloon is going to be as loud as the wifes R56 MINI JCW with the sport button on :thumbs up:

That pops and bangs like a ****** machine gun!

Shortly after we got the MINI, I was 'testing' it in the local Asda underground car park, as you do, when after stopping and getting out to to go to the shops, a guy in his 60's came over to me & said '****** hell mate your new MINI sounds knackered. It was backfiring all round the car park'

I just smiled and said they all do that & he walks off shaking his head lol

Reactions: buz and Pulp84
As a previous JCW R56 owner - I can confirm BH that the S3 is indeed louder.

It's louder on start up, idle, under heavy acceleration and especially on up changes ;)

I wasn't a fan of the over run noise on the JCW to be honest.

Reactions: Martinbanshee
As a previous JCW R56 owner - I can confirm BH that the S3 is indeed louder.

It's louder on start up, idle, under heavy acceleration and especially on up changes ;)

I wasn't a fan of the over run noise on the JCW to be honest.
Which engine did you have in your JCW?

The N14 pre LCI or the N18 LCI?

We have the latter which is a lot noises than the former, having had both of 'em

Wonder if the S3 saloon is going to be as loud as the wifes R56 MINI JCW with the sport button on :thumbs up:

That pops and bangs like a ****** machine gun!

Shortly after we got the MINI, I was 'testing' it in the local Asda underground car park, as you do, when after stopping and getting out to to go to the shops, a guy in his 60's came over to me & said '****** hell mate your new MINI sounds knackered. It was backfiring all round the car park'

I just smiled and said they all do that & he walks off shaking his head lol

Which engine did you have in your JCW?

The N14 pre LCI or the N18 LCI?

We have the latter which is a lot noises than the former, having had both of 'em

It was mid 2012 model and was the face lifted version. Had it 6 months and then got rid of it because my employer kindly bought my a very nicely specced F30 320d. I don't miss the fuel bills or the cramped cabin....

It was an OK engine - not a patch on the EA888 in the S3

lol got it from the car behind and the wife sitting next to me!!! :haudrauf:

I ordered my S3 at the start of October and haven't seen one on the road since! So today I was sitting in the right hand lane at the lights waiting to turn right, suddenly I heard this noise and thought that sounds nice, looking to my left it was an S3 grumbling and growling right next to me The guy driving kept giving it a little blip on the noise pedal :music: From this I knew he was going to boot it as soon as he went green! It was at this point the guy behind started to beep me as our light had gone green! Yep I just sat there on a green light as I wanted to hear the guy pull away lol, the Mrs was telling me to go and like a naughty little kid i said "no" :lick: the guy behind was making some rather rude hand gestures at me as well!!!

We went back to red and then he went to green...the sound was awesome :jump: I said to the wife listen to that it's great, not amused or the slightest bit interested she just looked at me as if I was mental :)

I can't wait until march.

A true enthusiast.......................... I bet when you get it you'll be looking for tunnels, underground car parks and underpasses just so you can drive it with the windows open!

Reactions: The Challinor
A true enthusiast.......................... I bet when you get it you'll be looking for tunnels, underground car parks and underpasses just so you can drive it with the windows open!
When I get it I'll be looking?!?!?! :no: I have already penciled in and the Conwy tunnel in North Wales which isn't too far away lmao.....got to drive somewhere to bed the engine in ;) Now car parks....didn't think of that one! :icon thumright: