Recaros in an S3 8V

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted Recaros from either the previous S3/RS3 to their S3 8v?

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/e...nal-equipment/products/audi-rs3/audi-rs3.html

Or perhaps someone could at least confirm that they will fit, including the wiring for the heated element?

Maybe even the Recaros from the current Clubsport Gti will fit?

You might be able to tell that I am mightily disappointed with my so called super sport seats. Not only do they appear to wear easily, but they also don't really support you that much. I feel like I sit on them, rather than in them. For me they are the biggest let down on this car. I stupidly sat in a Clubsport Gti and a Focus RS (seat is too high btw) after buying my S3 and the damage was done.

I know it won't be a cheap change, but I can't stop thinking it would make the driving experience far more satisfying. I can't be the only one.

I've got them in the R32 and as much as I love them, I'm looking forward to not having to hop in the car once the S3 arrives (being a short *** and having to sit close(ish) doesn't help)

It's a subjective thing I know, but I had super sport seats in my S5 and they were lovely. I expected the ones in my S3 to be identical and was really disappointed when I realised they weren't. I kinda hop in now, trying not to wear the bolster so I think I could live with the recaros.

Make the most of your R32, you will miss the seats and the noise when it's gone.

It's a subjective thing I know, but I had super sport seats in my S5 and they were lovely. I expected the ones in my S3 to be identical and was really disappointed when I realised they weren't. I kinda hop in now, trying not to wear the bolster so I think I could live with the recaros.

Make the most of your R32, you will miss the seats and the noise when it's gone.

Sure as hell going to miss the noise. What I will say about the Recaro's is that they're a pain to get in and out of but they aren't half comfortable, I've done Germany and back 3 times and have never had to get out and have a stretch because of the seats.

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't fit size wise, just depends on connectors for the heating element and runners that'll fit.

Reactions: davc
Coming from an 8P with buckets to SSS in the 8V I can honestly say the buckets are more supportive, certainly in the thigh and shoulder areas. I'm 6'2" and although the SSS are comfortable they lack the shoulder support.

Why oh why didn't audi offer then in the current FL as they did on the 8P, I'll never know.

It's a subjective thing I know, but I had super sport seats in my S5 and they were lovely. I expected the ones in my S3 to be identical and was really disappointed when I realised they weren't. I kinda hop in now, trying not to wear the bolster.

Really ?

I had an S5 before my RS3 (specced with super sports seats) and thought they were near identical.
Infact I find the RS3 seats slightly firmer on the seat so a slight improvement.
Just miss the electric adjustment from the S5.

I think it's the base. In the S3 it's quite flat and firm. In the S5 I'm sure you sat more in the seat than on it. I always felt totally comfortable in that. Surprised you feel it's different. Maybe my *** has a bad memory...

Similar to the Mk3 Golf GTi/VR6 "Recaros". When I swapped the VR6 highline leather chairs for a set of Colour Concept Recaros, after much idle messing about to satisfy my curiosity I realised that only the backs of them were Recaro.
I actually think the standard S3 seats are a bit deeper although the SSS look and feel more special.

I think it's the base. In the S3 it's quite flat and firm. In the S5 I'm sure you sat more in the seat than on it. I always felt totally comfortable in that. Surprised you feel it's different. Maybe my *** has a bad memory...

It just feels like it's bolstered a bit firmer on the base in the RS3 & zero sag on the leather.
Seating position is more upright in the 3 though but I have adapted to that no problem and enjoy the short front doors of the sportback as the huge S5 doors were a pain in my garage & car parking.