Finally.....

Cleggy70

Reaction score
Hi folks,

You may remember me posting a while back that I put my deposit down to secure the order for an S3 saloon in sepang (see sig.) back in March. Well the dealer told me that he should be receiving factory allocations end of October and I told him if I was not in there I would pull out. Anyway 1st November I got an e-mail confirming the factory have now accepted my order but it will be a 16 week wait, so it's a 15 plate for me! It will have taken a whole year for this car, all s3 saloon owners please tell me it will be worth it?!
Gonna be a long winter........:(

Mods. if this needs moving elsewhere please feel free.

Reactions: Sandra
I say the wait is because you went manual saloon, and in Sepang blue probably didn't help either.

We ordered in Feb, took delivery a few weekend ago.

And yes, well worth the wait. You won't be disappointed at all.

Reactions: Cleggy70
12 months does seem a long time mind ...

Just out of interest Cleggy70, where abouts are you? Uk? Australia?

12 months does seem a long time mind ...

Just out of interest Cleggy70, where abouts are you? Uk? Australia?

Could be US? Most of us in Australia call it a sedan rather then use the term Saloon.

The manual form was never an option on sedan/saloon when first released here, and same with in the US.

That's a surprisingly long wait for a UK car, they must have run out of allocation and made you wait until they got more.

Yes, that is a long wait considering you place the order in March. Was the manual saloon offered at release in the UK?

Manual sedans only was added to the line up a few months ago in Australia, I don't think the first manual sedan will arrive until next year.

That's a surprisingly long wait for a UK car, they must have run out of allocation and made you wait until they got more.

The dealer said there was myself and 3 others waiting for an S3 saloon, I was last in the order placement.
There was supposed to be 2 allocated in October and 2 in November (yep, I don't understand this either), that's when I decided if I didn't get the end of October allocation I was going elsewhere.

That makes the 12 month wait even more ridiculous IMHO

What has the Audi dealer got to say about this?

You must be a very patient man buddy :)

The dealer has been very frustrated and apologetic about the whole affair, he's even said he wouldn't blame me for pulling out.
He also mentioned that huge demand is placing a strain on a number of the Audi range and that two new models have been suspended from ordering this week until they (the factory) can catch up with the back-log.
I think it's a great car and have waited this long, what's another 4 months?:)

The dealer has been very frustrated and apologetic about the whole affair, he's even said he wouldn't blame me for pulling out.
He also mentioned that huge demand is placing a strain on a number of the Audi range and that two new models have been suspended from ordering this week until they (the factory) can catch up with the back-log.
I think it's a great car and have waited this long, what's another 4 months?:)
Has the Dealer offered you anything over and above in your deal for the wait? :think:

Just out of interest, what 2 Audi models did he say they have suspended production of? :think:

Agreed on that buddy! :thumbs up: Welcome to the 'S3 saloon wait club' :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Cleggy70
Has the Dealer offered you anything over and above in your deal for the wait? :think:

Just out of interest, what 2 Audi models did he say they have suspended production of? :think:

Agreed on that buddy! :thumbs up: Welcome to the 'S3 saloon wait club' :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers mate, I don't know what these models were that he mentioned.
I asked is there anything in it for me for having to wait so long and he said and I quote, "we would be unable to offer any compensation for supply being outside our control."

I'm sure there is another, probably larger dealer out there with a better allocation of S3 Saloons that can get you one quicker I'm sure?

I'm sure there is another, probably larger dealer out there with a better allocation of S3 Saloons that can get you one quicker I'm sure?

My local Audi dealer has offered me an S3 saloon but the price was not competitive enough to match the broker.
I rang Dtd who quoted a 16 week wait for factory orders from other large Audi groups.

The dealer said there was myself and 3 others waiting for an S3 saloon, I was last in the order placement.
There was supposed to be 2 allocated in October and 2 in November (yep, I don't understand this either), that's when I decided if I didn't get the end of October allocation I was going elsewhere.

Basically your dealer didn't have or maybe ran out of allocation. This automatically adds 12 weeks onto the build time which currently stands at 26-32 weeks anyway. That was based on Q314 lead time report which seems to be getting worse for Q414.

Looks like the A1 and Q3 models have been withdrawn from sale for facelift model introductions (also now missing on the configerator). Might be those he was referring to.

Was told by one dealer, when phoning around for mine, that the UK is only getting 300 S3 saloons a year. Don't know how true it is

Was told by one dealer, when phoning around for mine, that the UK is only getting 300 S3 saloons a year. Don't know how true it is

Sounds like a sales pitch to make you buy one before they run out

Sounds like a sales pitch to make you buy one before they run out

They had already run out, so couldn't sell me one until they got a a new allocation in July (this was March). So not a sales pitch, or at least not a sucessful one as I went elsewhere