Door Lock Problem

angel

Reaction score
Hi, My problem is that the front passenger door lock is seized and therefore I'm unable to open the door.
When I push the remote the pin gives a slight jump but just falls back. The internal door pull pushes the pin up but on release the pin falls straight down again. I tried disconnecting the battery as suggested by Audi but that did not work.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received as how to get the door open.
Thanks.

can you turn the key at all ?

You might need to try one of the breaking in tools or butcher the inner door card

Hi Mark S, Unfortunately their is no key lock on the door, forgive my ignorance but what is a breaking in tool. Thanks.

Hi Angel,

I am new here and the reason was to join this forum that I have a lot of own problems with my A6, but any way I heve the same problem with my front psnger door to fix it you need to open the door first and with that I can't help you with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but then you done that take off side panel you will see that the knob that going up and down is connected (sitting in) half moon shaped about 2'inch long plastic pipe. please have a good look and try to anderstand how it works.
- Pool down (or up I can't remember) safety ring
- Remember where (how high) is the knob inner pipe is sitting inside half moon tube.
- !gently pool out (not up or down but towards half moon exit ) inner part out and place it back 3-5mm DOWN
- Try if that works without locking the doors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif to do that simply push the the hooks in using screwdriver
- Good if it works but if not try drop it anothe 3-5mm.

I hope it will work eventualy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Please let me know.

(Sorry for the broken English & miss spells)