Everyone Has A Golf R!

It's getting so bad, I got home today and realised I'd bought three of them.

True story.

Reactions: Pauljamescaton and pat15312
The rear lights are just so fugly, how could you not hang your head in shame whilst driving one :abnormal:

Saw 4 today! 3 in Lapiz. I really do think that 'leasegate' has cocked it up for people who actually bought one. You'll be able to pick one up in two years time for the best part of 50p!

Reactions: mcnallys
I was told that if I order one then I would get another one absolutely free ;)

In all seriousness £149 + Vat/month is tempting but there's got to be a catch somewhere, most likely at the end of the lease when they charge you for every single mark the car has as well as excess mileage.

Leasegate has provided a very powerful car for very little money for loads of people !

Perhaps you should have addressed this to the person that started the thread then :p

I did think about getting one at one point! Then I saw the inside!!!! Cheap plastic looking...then thought I'm buying a posh VW Golf...yes it's a nice car in itself...but it's not an S3 and certainly not Audi quality!

The badge snobbery won over in the end lol :D "What do you drive?"...."A Volkswagon, why what do you drive?"..."An Audi" ;)

Reactions: SilureMark
"I" got my *** kicked? How.

You're the one that started this thread!

Bring. It. On.
What else have you got

The way I look at the whole R and S3 debate is like this - I never seem to have to explain what an S3 is but many non-petrol heads don't know what a Golf R is at all.

Cue the phrase - "It's a Golf GTI.....but faster". Makes you sound like a total **** really trying to explain it.

If during lease gate the S3 was available at the same monthly lease rate, I think we would see triple the amount of people on this forum with one on order......

Still only seen two on the road in the last 9 months.

I, unfortunately, got caught up in the June 2014 episode of the Golf R Lease-gate

Didn't cost me any money, but was well pee'd off after it all. Sounds as tho' VW haven't learned a thing & a now not delivering them to the waiting customers as they should be

Not doing their brand any favours at all IMHO

There's a lot of them out on the road here in Oz. $10k cheaper than the S3 for the same engine and chassis. Sure, you get the bells and whistles with the S3, blah blah. But for people who could care less about that, the R is the obvious choice.

Personally the MK6 R was a far better looking car. The centre pipes alone made it stand out more.

Short version:
Lots of super cheap lease deals, some dodgy brokers submitting dodgy paperwork to VWFS, VW not delivering cars to unsuspecting customers.
Lots of anger/disappointment.

Very interesting! Thanks. I was aware of the cheaper business deals, hadn't really stopped to give it much thought until now. I agree, it seems odd logic to offer cheaper lease to "businesses"

Reactions: veeeight
Short version:
Lots of super cheap lease deals, some dodgy brokers submitting dodgy paperwork to VWFS, VW not delivering cars to unsuspecting customers.
Lots of anger/disappointment.
Well put Martin :thumbs up:

I understand from people I know who have ordered a Golf R, that VW are now failing to fulfill delivery of them!

Well put Martin :thumbs up:

I understand from people I know who have ordered a Golf R, that VW are now failing to fulfill delivery of them!

Yep - know someone in that boat. Ordered an R but he hadn't signed any finance docs - two weeks before delivery the lease deal changed (which they can do in the T&C's). He didn't take it up as was £100 a month more. He was gutted.

Saw a lot of them, thought something looked too good to be true so avoided. Seems that was a good idea!