A3 Saloon MMI Cable

rizzoface

Reaction score
Got my A3 Saloon delivered yesterday - can anyone confirm what MMi cable i should have received?
all i got was the MMi to USB cable.

What did you ask for? Theoretically you just ask for the cable that is compatible with whatever phone/iPod etc you have. The cable pack I was given included the iPhone cable and the USB cable. Surprised you only got USB.

i didnt ask - i didnt really get asked the question so it didnt cross my mind

Do we have to ask for one or are they meant to give it to us for free without asking?

i was under the impression it should come with the car but i never got asked which one i would need. the usb one is useless to me really as all my connections are lightning ones....

I had a pack of two Apple connectors in mine when I collected it. Useless as I have an Android!
No issues with replacing it, although a mini USB arrived first which then had to be replaced with a micro USB :rolleyes:

Do we have to ask for one or are they meant to give it to us for free without asking?

You are entitled to one for free with the car. But a good salesman of course has to ask what colour cable you need for your device. Best to pre-empt him and request the correct cable. There are a few threads on pre-collection and collection checklists that are worth digging out so that you can ensure everything is ready on the day.
As an aside, I got the new green lightning cable and it broke after 2 months. Very flimsy casing came apart. So treat with care.

I got 3 cables supplied FOC - green, red and USB because I asked for them!

Great guys, I will request green and usb - awaiting iPhone and have Samsung S4 currently and have Nokia work phone - assuming USB will be ok for Samsung and Nokia?