MMi Cable question

Dobby

Reaction score
Which cable will play videos off an iphone if any? I did have a cable but it never played videos and has since been crushed in the glovebox and no longer works...... trying searching but couldnt find the info

Which cable will play videos off an iphone if any? I did have a cable but it never played videos and has since been crushed in the glovebox and no longer works...... trying searching but couldnt find the info
30pin = Cable with the Red Gromet
Lighting = Video is not possible

Since we're talking cables... Looking through the FAQ's they say they yellow grommet cable is the one for lightning connected phones, but there's also a white grommet cable that I think may have replaced the yellow? Any truth to this?

Also, can you use the apple lightning to use cable to connect to an Audi usb MMI cable? If so, is there any loss of functionality?

Which is best for lightening then?

also if u use the usb then a lightening cable think you only get it to charge

Since we're talking cables... Looking through the FAQ's they say they yellow grommet cable is the one for lightning connected phones, but there's also a white grommet cable that I think may have replaced the yellow? Any truth to this?

Also, can you use the apple lightning to use cable to connect to an Audi usb MMI cable? If so, is there any loss of functionality?
The "Yellow" cable is the most up to date and passes both Audio and Album art. Video over Lighting is only digital and Audi does not incorporate the needed "smarts" within their cables needed to process it.

Never tested "iDevice > Apple Lighting Cable > Audi USB AMI Cable" for functionality to be honest, but will once done at the carwash :)

Reactions: GSB
nevermind just tried and with the usb cable and a usb pen you can play videos... not when driving though

Reactions: DJAlix
nevermind just tried and with the usb cable and a usb pen you can play videos... not when driving though
Which MMI do you have, Standard or TechPack?

Yup, video only works up to approx 8pmh unless you have Video in Motion activated (VIM).

Which MMI do you have, Standard or TechPack?

Yup, video only works up to approx 8pmh unless you have Video in Motion activated (VIM).
I have the tech pack did anyone get VIM working other than the people that say they can do it for 100s

Reactions: Karlos_ and DJAlix
I am able to activate VIM (London based) and for a fraction of the prices you see on eBay :)
how much? let me know if your ever on holiday in cyprus as thats where i live now haha

Reactions: Max-Robbo
Video will play off an SD card, too. Cheaper than those cables...

ahh im in limassol so just let us know if you do
Will do!

In the meantime it might be worth trying to seek out an independent over there who has Vag Can Professional + the VIM and Flash packs, this is the software / tool I use. Prices in the UK range from £80 to £120 at the moment but I would expect prices over there to be along the lines of the price I ask which is £30.

Will do!

In the meantime it might be worth trying to seek out an independent over there who has Vag Can Professional + the VIM and Flash packs, this is the software / tool I use. Prices in the UK range from £80 to £120 at the moment but I would expect prices over there to be along the lines of the price I ask which is £30.
Id happily pay £30 but I wouldnt have a clue where to find a person that does that over here

Have a look for any CY based owners forums / groups as just like here members often have the tools. Facebook Groups are good for finding people also as well as searching VW and Skoda etc related forums :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 408
Reactions: DJAlix
Does anybody know if a cable is available that has both Apple Lightning and mini USB attachments? I have one with lightning and a 3.5mm jack, but my work phone & electric cig charge with mini USB